Trailer Trash

Wishes Wednesday (Read 19 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got out for 8 humid miles this morning.  It was uneventful which is good I suppose.

QOTD: What do you wish for regarding running? your family? your job? your life?

Running: to be able to maintain health

Family: for my kids to not go down the the wrong path

Job: to finish my school once and for all and get a cool f/t teaching job (and have summers off)

Life: to live at peace with my decisions

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

I ran my 2 lakes loop at French Creek last night for about 8 miles. Nice summer evening. Hot, warm, but not too humid. That will change today I suspect. Heat and humidity is coming back though it's grey out right now. Plan for today is planet of fitness at lunch and 6-7 miles this evening.

QOTD: Deep questions.

Running: Hit the WS lottery this year.

Family: Resolution to my wife's current health issues, and health and wellness to my nieces and nephews as they start their own families.

Job: Stay employed in my current field until retirement!

Life: Downsize and move down south near some mountains and pines in the next 5 years.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

πŸ˜ͺ😒😭😒πŸ˜₯πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜“Pity Party Rant 😭πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜₯πŸ˜’πŸ˜“πŸ˜­πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜’πŸ˜…

So yesterday before heading to work the old man says can you help me before you keave.  He wants me to help him place the tile saw on the ground. Since I'm dressed for work in what I call my monkey clothes and the saw is dusty he covers it with towels.  I lift it and the towel pulls a piece of stone off that lands directly on my toe.   Which is now a purple sausage.  I ran last night but it hurt.  This morning I go for a run and the dogs are tugging and pulling and the toe is screaming.  I finally give up and just walk the dogs in the woods...here is where the pity party beginsπŸ˜€.  So I'm bummed because this is the week my team competes with Jamie's.  The old man is gone, I had planned on putting in some miles.  I go to untangle Earl when he steps on my toe F6CK!!!!  So I almost start crying and was screaming in my head the famous words of Nancy Karrington "Why me! Why me!" Then I entered a small valley full of yellow flowers with the sun shining behind them.  Beautiful!  I guess a walk in the woods ain't to bad.

I may try to run with the group tonight...toe seemed a bit better after the walk.  Or possibly run the treadmill flat, slow, and no bumps.

Running:  umm 100 miler?  Or another 50?

Family:  stay happy and healthy

Job: Leave it in a year and do something interesting.

Life:  don't waste it, you're hear only once, do what you want to do that makes you feel good.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns πŸ™„

muppy

19.2 miles on the state game land trails.

Queen,  I hope your toes feeling better!

QOTD

Running. I would just like to be healthy.

Family. my parents are getting older but healthy and so far my son is making wise decisions with his life.

Job. my full-time job is secure and good benefits through the union and my part-time job at my landscaping business is very fulfilling,  Great exercise and the extra money is nice!

Life. I truly have a life beyond my wildest dreams, especially considering where I was quite a few years ago .

NHLA

5 mile group run last night.

qotd

running 1:40 1/2

family hope DD new boyfriend works out.  nice kid

job  lots more orders for the rest of the year

life  just hope things calm down.

Daydreamer1

Maybe a rest day, maybe a few miles later this evening.  I have a interview for a promotion at work in a couple of hours. Probably a waste of time since I'm not necessarily one of the "in" crowd.  On top of that I worked last night and now I'm tired.

QOTD:

Running:  To be able to build up to do well at my 50 miler this fall. I wish DS would take running more seriously and DD would start a running program.

Family: For DD to be able to find a job that she likes and pays well. For both kids to find decent companions.

Job: To be happier in what I do or to be able to switch career fields in the near future. For the near term I'd love to get this promotion.

Life: Be able to travel more and relax more.  For some reason it seems like I'm too busy, tense and always stressed.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice run yesterday afternoon, wish summer stayed like this always- low 50's, highs mid 70's- perfect. Going to meet with my relay partner tonight to talk strategy and go over gear choices (race has one aid station at the turnaround for the 50 milers, none for us 25 milers AND the country is very remote); otherwise a SRD for me through Friday.

qotd: run: stay healthy, keep finding adventurous runs

family: stay blessed with our good health

job: stick with it for another 3.5 years and pull the pin

life: soak it up! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Sorry Queen.  That sucks.  Toe injuries are not fun..at all.

GL dreamer.  Let's hope they look beyond the in crowd stuff.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Hot as hell 3 miles at lunch. Felt like I did 5.  Not a pleasant run at all.  Heading to a soft opening for Mason Dixon Distillery tonight.  They open to the public on Friday.  Should be interesting. I'm not a big spirits drinker, but DW is.  Hope food is good.

QOTD: Man, Jamie gets a vacations and comes back all ready to heal us. 

Running - Stay orthopedically healthy in to my old older age.

Family - Grandkids, someday, and the health to spoil enjoy them.

Job - I want to be an astronaut.

Life - Never grow up. (I'm serious about this one. I always try to look at the world through a kids eyes, so I don't want that to change.)

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I ran a 10K on Wednesday morning and forgot to log in here.

Running: To be able to run one 100 miler a year but get at least one under 24 hours.

Family: I want everyone to be successful. And by successful I mean happy with their lives.

Job: More money would be nice. I do a good job, but I am not defined by my career. I actually got one of the best job reviews I have ever had recently. I told my boss, "Based on this review, I'm reading between the lines here that I need to slack off a bit because it is clear that I am working too hard." She got a good laugh out of that one. I probably joke around too much to get too high of a promotion. And I do like to get off work and do things I enjoy. I don't like to think too much about work after work.

Life: I'm pretty happy.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Wednesday intervals with my club: 5 x (600m at 8K pace, :30 walk, 200m at 5K pace, :30 walk, 200m at mile pace, 200m jog)

QOTD:

Running: To continue to enjoy it and run injury free

Family: To have better communication with them

Job: To continue to enjoy helping customers

Life: To stay active and do the things I like most: travel and read

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.