Trailer Trash

The MONDAILY (Read 32 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I hope to get in a run tonight - if nothing else to break in a new pair of shoes. We got maybe 2 inches of snow overnight and the schools called off???  Suppose to get maybe another 1-2 inches.  I don't get it.

I spent a god deal of time over the weekend getting a paper done for school - my last of this class.  In 3+ years I finally got a chance to write on the subject of running.  I did a research paper on the emotional experience of ultra-marathons.  Not much out there in terms of research but there has been some recently.  I did not necessarily learn anything new but the research confirmed what you all say about your experiences in ultras as well as my own limited experiences.  Hopefully my prof. thinks it was worth the effort.

QOTD: Would you ever take part in a research project regarding running?

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

SRD.

QOTD: Yes, I would.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Morning trailer.  For all of us on the right coast it's a nice snowy day.  3" so far overnight and 5" more coming during the day.  Looks like I'll get caught up on paper work today.

Poured down rain on Saturday so I did 8 miles on a treadmill while I looked out at the Chincoteague Bay.  Only saw 3 boats go by on the Intercoastal Waterway and 2 were Coast Guard (jonferg's old station).  Weather cleared up for long run on Sunday and ran 22 miles.  DW joined me for the first part and she ended up with 16.

Garmin:

Elevation

Elevation Gain: 79 ft
        Elevation Loss: 79 ft
        Min Elevation: -30 ft
        Max Elevation: 13 ft

No wonder I felt so sluggish, I was under water for a bit.

Watoni Jr - nice job.

Congrats to all the weekend racers.  

QOTD: If they need to know why old men slow down, then I'm in.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

Looking out the window at heavy snow falling and wondering why only east coast snows are newsworthy.    Another storm of biblical proportions. Again. Aren't they all? (sigh)   Trying to decide if I should just go run in this shit or try to drive home in it. Probably run I guess. As I type this and looking out the window again 4 deer go trotting by. Nice scene.

(just to clarify it wasn't anything you guys said but the national media)

Yesterday was a no run day but I made up for it with a good adventure in the backcountry skiing and snowshoeing. That's good living imho. Was hoping to put together a good training week starting today but now with the weather we'll see.

QOTD--I would and I want to know why us old people were always legendary in our youth.

AT-runner

Tim

Looking out the window at heavy snow falling and wondering why only east coast snows are newsworthy.    Another storm of biblical proportions. Again. Aren't they all? (sigh)   

Because it gives politicians a chance to get in the news.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Nothing biblical happening here-- just light snow and things are looking pretty.   Today's a rest day so my plan is the gym later for strength training.

Moonlight-- happy birthday!  I hope you had a good day yesterday.

qotd:  Yes.  I've participated in research studies in the past (and the kiddos are in one now) so doing a running-related study would only be a natural.  I find the process very interesting.

NorthernHarrier

Because it gives politicians a chance to get in the news.

I am just throwing a little crap out as we in the rest of the country are pretty used to it and know everything newsworthy happens out east.  This storm does appear to have the makings of a big event by any stretch even without the hyperbole.

BTW, that was some pretty good running you did below sea level. Nice job.

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work. At least it's only a 12 hour shift but it's still enough to to end up as a SRD.

QOTD: I'd love to. Especially if it was something that measured metabolic function. Slippery Rock or Lock Haven Universities were doing a study. The first phase was for 40 or 45 and under. Supposedly they will be doing one for us old folks at a later date. Hope I don't miss out on it.

muppy

4.4 road miles last night. Today is cross training ( probably 12-14 hours shoveling/ blowing snow)

QOTD I would if it wasn't to intense. I'm imagining being hooked up to wires and anal probes on a treadmill which is not something I'd be interested in.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

It's snowing here, but I don't think we're supposed to get more than a few inches.  Hardly newsworthy for Wisconsin.    I got in some trail miles over the weekend (Donald is (well, was) in good screw shoe condition, Harrier.)   Today is a SRD.  Still waiting for Sue to catch up...

QOTD: Sure, why not?  What do I have to do?

Running is dumb.

hog4life

I'm officially starting a 10 week plan for a road HM that I hope will be a PR attempt. It will depend how the training cycle goes. I have quite a few races between now and the April 4th half, so I plan to tweak the schedule where race days will be the quality workouts. I'll be doing a 25k trail race in less than 2 weeks. There is no snow down here in Bama.

QOTD, yes, sign me up for the old geezers research.

sugnim

Sounds like everyone is getting covered in snow.  Its perfectly clear, sunny, and supposed to get up to 57 degrees today in Missoula!  Why does this always happen on a Monday when I can't get out and enjoy it?  Anyway, no running for me today, although I have to admit that calling in "sick" and heading for the mountains did cross my mind this morning.

QOTD:  Maybe.  It would depend on what the study entailed.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

When I went to work at 4:30 this morning, we had gotten about 3- inches of snow, and when I went back home, it was another. 2- inches more. Close to 8 inches now. The kids are enjoying it with their sleds, and later, DD and I will go out on a snowshoe run/hike. I like the snow, at least for now. Happy birthday, moonlight! QOTD: I have participated in,a few research studies, and recently in 2 running related ones. I think it is fun.

Run for fun.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Another unscheduled rest day, partially due to snow forecasts and partially feel like I need another.

QOTD: Not only willing to participate in a running study, I have several times.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Watoni

Late night/early morning has me thinking a day off might not be bad, but an unplugged run (no GPS) with one killer hill would be nice.

QOTD: I think so unless it involved lots of needles