Trailer Trash

Internet makes it to easy (Read 49 times)

Gator eye

Do you ever spur of the moment sign up for trail runs or races? Or do you plan out every race and training run 4 months in advance?

I just signed up for a spring 50milie trail race a couple of weeks after what was suppose to be a goal marathon, the trails just look to good to pass up and when I looked at the cost it was fairly cheap. Before I knew what I was doing Ultrasignup had me registered with a single click of the mouse.

I'm thinking a training run during a marathon a few weeks before a long trail race sounds better anyway.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I plan my race schedule as much as a year ahead of time, though I don't always sign up that far ahead of time because a lot could happen before the race. I rarely even run 5Ks on the spur of the moment.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

I plan my race schedule as much as a year ahead of time, though I don't always sign up that far ahead of time because a lot could happen before the race. I rarely even run 5Ks on the spur of the moment.

I just signed up for a race in December!  Most of my races are planned out at least a couple of weeks in advance, usually more. Usually I plan out the next "season" during the current one.

AT-runner

Tim

I signed up fro many races, including a 50k with just a few days notice.  The 50k was a race that was previously sold out and then a friend called me to say they opened up a few more spots, so we jumped in.  I'm a mid-pack runner, so I don't take racing too seriously and I enjoy the trail running community.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I just signed up for a race in December!  Most of my races are planned out at least a couple of weeks in advance, usually more. Usually I plan out the next "season" during the current one.

I used to plan races from month to month. I can't believe I'm already thinking about possible races for 2015.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Occasional Runner

I have a few races that I want to do every year, so they go on the schedule and I register as soon as it becomes available. After that, I toss on a few "bucket list" races and they get registered for right away. Then I backfill my schedule with races that make sense, depending on timing and distance. Mostly looking for events that will compliment my goals. On top of that, there are always a few random, last minute races that get thrown in.

My goal this year was to get free entry into as many races as possible, so that sorta dictated some of the scheduling, I've been comped into 22 of my 26 races, though, so I don't mind having to jockey some things around.

I used to plan races from month to month. I can't believe I'm already thinking about possible races for 2015.

I am thinking about 2015 too. That's when I will really be able to dedicate more time to ultra training again, so I'm already excited for it.

SheCan

I'm not one that can focus 20 weeks on a plan for one race, but I do usually have an idea of what races I'd like to run in a season.  Then I add smaller spur of the moment races to fill in the schedule, just for fun.  Generally, if I sign up for it with just a few days notice, I'm pretty confident that I can do it.  I have, however, just recently added a race at the tail-end of my season, that I'm totally unsure of.   A friend said "Lets just do it,"  and I signed up for it without really thinking whether either mentally or physically capable of training for it right now.    Well, at least I do have a little while to train and perhaps drop out.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Sandy-2

I have a general idea of the 1 or 2 major races I want to do in the next year or season.  That is because the major ones tend to sell out right away and if travel is involved I have to make sure I block out the time.

This year the main run I'm in is Bighorn on June 20th (it is sold out now).  The other two that I have listed below are kind of "why not, let's do that one" type of things.  They are local races that do not fill up and have a little more flexibility in them.  Case in point, I haven't signed up for the Hog's Hunt yet and I might not be able to do it since that weekend my DD is graduating.  We'll see.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

I only run one or two races per year, so I plan them. As such, it really sucks to DNF one.

LB2

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Most of the races I run have become annual events for me.  If I add a new race over 10k distance, I will have chosen carefully and far in advance.

**Ask me about streaking**