Trailer Trash

Breakneck Point Race Report (Read 30 times)

Keep Going

Hey everyone! If anyone is interested in running a super technical gnarly course in the Northeast with unrelenting climbs and descents you should definitely add Breakneck to you list of races next year! It's a monster..

Here is my race report on the inaugural running of it.

http://keystonerunning.blogspot.com/2015/04/race-report-riding-tiger-at-breakneck.html

100 milers are my favorite

XtremeTaper

Sounds pretty difficult! I've met Ian before running Virgil Crest but did recognize him with that beard. Thanks for the report and the photos. Beautiful views.

Oh, and is the lake/trail on your blog from Green Lane reservoir? It looks very familiar. I run over there often.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Keep Going

Sounds pretty difficult! I've met Ian before running Virgil Crest but did recognize him with that beard. Thanks for the report and the photos. Beautiful views.

Oh, and is the lake/trail on your blog from Green Lane reservoir? It looks very familiar. I run over there often.

Thank you X! Yes that is Green Lane Rez, that's my local trails and I run around that lake usually once a week or so. Thanks for reading!

Daydreamer1

Thanks for posting this, it was great reading.  That area up there is both beautiful and rugged.  I keep thinking about doing a race up that way but I'm not sure I want to deal with all the rocks.

runtraildc

Thanks for sharing-- I enjoyed the read.  And congratulations on a tough race, #1 runner!    Beacon is a beautiful area and I can only imagine how tough that climb was.   I hope they didn't run the course up the old incline route.

Keep Going

Thanks Daydreamer1! Yes you must love the rocks to want to run up there. Thanks for reading!

Thanks Runtraildc! I was actually really embarrassed to be wearing #1 during the race. I would love to hear about the toughest climb there, the Mt. Beacon Fire Tower climb, that I didn't get to see because I dropped down. Oh well, next year I shall try again.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Congratulations, that sounds really gnarly! Great job fighting your way through the heat, and recognizing when it was time to drop down to the 25k distance.

Thank you for the report, great read and lots of information. Wonderful pictures, and awesome views.

I might keep that race on my radar for nrxt year!

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Sounds epic. Those rocky ups and downs can really grind on you. Add heat and now you're really talking.  I'm sure you were not the only one to call it a day at 25k.

Plus you had the added pressure of #1.

Congratulations.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

moonlightrunner

Sounds like a great effort! Congratulations. Nice report.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

moonlightrunner

Sounds like a great effort! Congratulations. Nice report.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Keep Going

Thank you moonlightrunner!

Thanks Sandy-2, yes many dropped down to the 25K. It was a meat grinder but I think I secretly enjoyed it! Smile

Thank You FTYC. Yes you really should give it a go next spring! It's worth it and put on by an awesome group of highly skilled badass runners! I have to go back to make amends! It's my destiny! haha

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

About 10k gain in 26ish miles? That is pretty sick.  From that and your description, I wonder how much real running can take place.  Thanks for sharing.  Pictures and your descriptions were great.

I will put this on my list but honestly I need to "conquer" Hyner first before I would make the jump.

GL at Iron Masters.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Congratulations and thanks for the RR.  Loved the pictures.  Now you have to frame you Bib.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Keep Going

About 10k gain in 26ish miles? That is pretty sick.  From that and your description, I wonder how much real running can take place.  Thanks for sharing.  Pictures and your descriptions were great.

I will put this on my list but honestly I need to "conquer" Hyner first before I would make the jump.

GL at Iron Masters.

Thank you boyjame. Others were running but I had a difficult time of it for sure. It was definitely a "locals" race. If you train on that terrain all the time you can certainly run more then what I did. No shocker that the female winner was Ryan Welts wife from New Hampshire and the male leaders were basically pro mountain runners. But it was fun!

Ben Nephew a local beast of a runner and Iain Ridgeway from Great Britain sprinted to the finish in 5:12 for the 28 mile marathon! Which is beyond human in my opinion. There is an awesome video of them running towards the finish halfway down on their FB page here.

Keep Going

Congratulations and thanks for the RR.  Loved the pictures.  Now you have to frame you Bib.

Thanks AT...Haha Yea right I should get a frame now that you say that.