Trailer Trash

Wet and Wild Weekend (Read 22 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Happy St Patty's day all with an extra shut out to our irish trash ..AT.   Going to go let the dogs play in the snow somewhere...tomorrow is 24ish point tompoint long run.  Dad won't let Jack run..too far.  Going to be hard to sneak him out.

QOTD:  what's your name, first last middke nick whatever you want to share?   And are you partaking in ST Patty shenanigans today?

I am Sue, Grandpa called me Sassy Sue...guess I was a little bitch. I shall not be doing anything Patty Day like! 

AT:  Your last name sounds a lot like shenanigans 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

I ended up doing 8 last evening, it was 84 deg.  This morning did 14, it was 70 at 5:30am of course 100% humidity. I lost 4.5 pounds - told you those 5+ lbs would melt away... well at least ‘dehydrate’ away. Some toe cramping afterwards this morning.

qotd: nickname Sandy, no Irish ☘️ here, but I had an aunt and a MIL who were crazy about being Irish. They were both always fun, one drank like a fish and the other didn’t touch a drop, so I guess it evened out. No plans for St. Paddy’s day here.

tbd.

runtraildc

Happy Saturday or St Patrick's day. Got in just under 5 with the group. Felt faster and hillier than usual, but I didn't have my watch tracking so I'm going with faster and hillier as a fact.

qotd: Nancy. No nickname. Not irish. Though today, Guiness and green donuts sounds so much better than lutefisk and sauerkraut.

edited to add-- I worked with a fisherman from Northern Ireland named Paddy (really). He thought american's celebration of St Patricks day was hilarious (and very non-irish).

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

morning trailers!  helping house clean this morning- oh the joy!   will get a longish run this afternoon (10-12 miles) at some point

we're doing corned beef and cabbage this evening, Irish soda bread to soak it up (DW has fixings for Reubens for a later date

my brother had his DNA done a couple of months ago- not a big surprise, but we're 60-ish % Irish, comes from both sides

on my Dad's side just a couple of gens here in the US, here's our family crest- kind of pretty with the three bloody heads on a sword  don't you think 

qotd: Mike, the family crest hints at my last name- it was common for Irish immigrants to alter the last name a bit to sound more American

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Long run in the cold and wind on trails that make up the Ironmasters 50k.  Did parts of the course in reverse so we finished with Sunset rocks.  Parking lot was full, but we didn't see a person the whole morning until we got to about 1/2 mile back to Pine Grove Furnace on the AT.  Ended up with 16-18 (not sure because I mixed things up and took some different trails in a few sections.  Can't say I felt excellent, so now it's a matter of just doing what i can at what pace I can.

Sue - never say Patty's to an Irishman.  It's always Paddy's.  Patty is a girl and Paddy is a boy.   And than's for the shout-out. Hopefully not to many shenanigans tonight.

QOTD: O Siodhachain is the family name.  Father's father from Killarney and Father's mother from Cork.

Brother (on the left) and I a few years back playing golf at Adare Manor in Co. Limerick.  I'm 6' and he's 6'2", so we stand out in the Pubs.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Happy St. Paddy's Day!  Got 13 in this morning.  May go out for a few more this evening.  Wearing a green t-shirt watching the NCAA tourney.  I'll crack open a Murphy's stout, but I only have one left.  Will go to the store to pick up some Guinness later.

warden - If the family crest is meant to intimidate potential foes, then I think it's effective.

AT - Nice work on the trails.

QOTD:  Nickname - Bert (pretty obvious).  Comes from my middle name Albert.  But first name is George.  I was the 3rd George in the family, so they had to call me something else (not part of the Foreman clan).

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Babying my knee all week after banging it up last weekend.  Fortunately, seems like I'll survive my klutziness.    Ran 3 miles yesterday, another 3 today.  Rained all night but it seems to have moved on -- sunny now.

QOTD: I'm Margaret, of Irish descent, last name derives from Breathnach, which means Welshman in Irish.

Agree with AT, the holiday is more properly nicknamed St. Paddy's day, not Patty, because the Irish for Patrick is Padraig (sometimes Padraic).  Other things that drive Irish people batty: their language is Irish (not Gaelic) and they don't speak with a brogue (which is a type of shoe).

Was in Ireland last October.  Morning run around Kilkenny Castle:

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

32 laps around a .28 mile loop - trying to get ready for D3 50K and 125 laps on a 400m track.

qotd: George, never had a nickname that stuck or that I liked. No St Paddy's Day activities for me, though 5 years ago today I was returning from a 10 day trip to Ireland.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Tiny Elvis showing off his love of the Irish

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

I ran 2 hours at the state park today. Unfortunately, the number of pictures I took today were far greater than the number of miles run.  It was SOOOO PERFECT OUT! The sky was "Forget Me Not" blue, the sunshine warm, the breeze cooling and pleasant. Today the beauty was all in the light. With only the empty skeletons of trees above, the sun at its zenith made even the dried brown leaves glow with white fire. Then, as the sun journeyed west, the shadows of trees appeared and the leaves lost their white fire in favor of warm orange and muted brown. There was still a silence in the woods on a day when I expected to hear birds celebrating spring. Perhaps the birds, like me, know that winter may yet muster to fight another day.  Be that as it may, I am grateful for the many gifts  of today.

Happy St. Paddy's Day to all. Glad it checked in late so I could get it right!

AT: it sounds like you did well today despite your struggle with Lyme. You are an inspiration.

Sandy: ugh! Sounds hot and sweaty. I will take cool spring temps for as long as I can get them.

Warden: Nice family crest!

QOTD: My preferred name is Cindy, in favor of my much stuffier given name of Cynthia. I am not celebrating St. Paddy's day. I did purchase a corned beef, but will cook it later this week with cabbage, potatoes and carrots. Tomorrow we are having a gathering of friends and family to "Meet the Baby" so we are preparing food for that today.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Daydreamer1

6.9 miles running on Saturday, 22.3 miles on the bike today.

Didn't do anything for St Paddy's day. We did go see a bunch of old men sing. William Lee Golden can still grow hair and a beard and tear it up singing at 80 years old.   Sterban still sings a mighty mean bass, Bonsall hangs with the best at tenor while I thought Allen was showing his age. Amazing how the Oak Ridge Boys just keep on keeping on.

QOTD:  First is Craig.  Never had a nickname.  Daydreamer is a old CB handle that fits me quite well and I use it, or a variation, on every forum I'm on.

Sandy-2

Slept in this morning, then did an easy 10 mile birthday run.  Bumped into a friend and we walked for a half mile or so, BS’ing. It was still warm and humid so it was good to be doing a relaxed run.

moonlight, love it when the light is perfect, typically happens wihen there is also little to no wind.  And yes, I much prefer cool crisp temps as opposed to thus weekend’s junk.

tbd.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Sandy - Happy Birthday!  Your weather is making me dread summer already, even thought I'm still detesting winter running.

moonlight (Cindy) - Yes, today the sun and sky was beautiful.  I agree with you and the birds in that winter hasn't had the last word yet.  Nice run.

warden - Love Tiny O'Elvis!  Man, he looks smaller than in the outdoor pics.

Gatsby - Beautiful pic!  Hope that knee feels better.

wc - George, meet George. 

Got 24.3 in this morning.  I think next weekend will be a bit of a cutback.  The body is starting to hate me.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

warden - Love Tiny O'Elvis!  Man, he looks smaller than in the outdoor pics.

Maybe it's just a really big bow tie?    Nice miles, Bert-o.

Up to 6.3 miles today plus 1.3 miles walking.  I think the knee is pretty much okay.  Doing a HM next weekend, will be a good test.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles with DW and Tiny E- low 30's with a very light snow falling- really pretty afternoon

Tiny E is well, tiny 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √