Trailer Trash

Timid Tuesday? (Read 18 times)

runtraildc

Ok, I'll get us going, albeit a bit late for the day.  Got in a short jog around the neighborhood last night at dusk. Who would have thought only 10 degrees would make such a difference, but this cooler weather is helping a lot.  I feel like a completely different runner than a few weeks ago.  Fall is definitely here.

qotd:  Watch the debate last night? Thoughts?  I wasn't going to watch, not knowing if my blood pressure or temperament could take it, but I did.  Quite humorous, which is sad to say about such an event. Or as a commentator remarked 'surreal'.  I want this election over and do not look forward to the next month.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Planning a recovery run later today, distance undetermined.

QOTD: di not watch the debate. From what I've heard it was about what I expected and probably won't change anyone's mind. I spent the time watching a rerun of the Berlin Marathon, one of the more exciting marathons I've watched recently.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  Wait, ummm, good afternoon you slackers!  Slow start around here, eh?

I survived my 24 hour race and it actually went better than I expected.  I ran/walked 28.5 miles on Friday, slept from midnight to 7am, ran/walked another 13.5 miles on Saturday and wound up with about 42 miles total.  I also talked to the PT there and he thinks my hamstring thing is just a nerve issue.  So I got some dry needling done from him with instructions to do some nerve flossing on my own for the next few weeks.  Fingers crossed that resolves the issue.

QOTD:  Heck no.  I'm ready it to be November 10th already.  I can't stand it.

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

I had a nice 7 with the Lady at the lake last night. Had planned some faster/fartlek segments but I could not get the turnover going for some reason, but I was able to push the pace so settled into a cruising tempo-like run. It sort of turned into a progression run but I don't track immediate pace anymore and just go by feel. I do know the overall time for the loop was pretty fast so there is that (62 and change as opposed to 68-72 and change). I had wanted to add on a cool down slacker mile or two but I was paged for work just before finishing the regular loop. This evening, another 7 is the plan. I might go to Warwick Park trails for a run. I have not been there for a regular run in quite some time. The last time I ran there was the 5k trail series and that was hard!

QOTD: I flipped it on a few times during MNF. Trump makes some very odd facial expressions. Hilary's dress was redder than red. I guess it's ok for Trump to not pay any taxes because "well I'm smart". Bring on the libertarians to the next debate or better yet just make this campaign be over with.

Mandy - I will need to google nerve flossing. It's sounds rather painful. Congrats on the 42 miles and thanks for all the fish! (obscure reference)

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

Sitting at work. Doing an oddball shift, at least for me. From 9 am to 9 pm. That means no running today. Legs still sore and tired anyway.

QOTD: I'm voting to abolish all three branches of the Government. Heck it can't get any worse.  And no I didn't watch the idiots.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run this am but have stuff for 5 at lunch..then maybe a shorty with Earl after work.  Didn't get much sleep last night.  Jack wouldn't lay down so image a dog with a big cone on his head walking around a dark room.  I finally fell asleep around 3:30 but that still meant getting up at 4:30, 5:30 and 6:30 to take him out to pee.  The good news is that instead of dribbling like he has he actually squirted!!!   very happy to see that.

QOTD:  My husband wanted to watch it but we have no TV.  I told him he could probably watch online.

runtrailDC:  10 degrees, already!!! maybe I don't want to move to Michigan.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

One of my better runs in a while this morning and then followed it up with 5 miles hiking the AT with DD#1. Agree with DC, the weather makes a huge difference.

QOTD:  Saw bits and pieces between MNF and baseball games.  "Clowns to the left of me jokers to the right..."

A friend of mine from Australia sent me an article a few weeks back from his Queensland newspaper that said "only in America could you waste over a year in primary elections and end up with the most hated woman in the country vs. the most hated man in the country".  How true is that.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

AT-runner

Tim

Jack wouldn't lay down so image a dog with a big cone on his head walking around a dark room.  I finally fell asleep around 3:30 but that still meant getting up at 4:30, 5:30 and 6:30 to take him out to pee.  The good news is that instead of dribbling like he has he actually squirted!!!   very happy to see that.

DH won't take a turn or two?

Glad to hear some progress.  Is first vet covering the second surgery bill?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I ran this morning, but I was not too excited about it when I walked out the door into a sauna. We have a cool front coming in tonight, and the temps should be nice in the morning. But I was pretty tired this morning.

QOTD: Yes. I watched the debate. It was about what I expected, but Trump did a little better than I thought he would. I don't care for either one of them. I am pretty sure that Hillary Clinton, at the right angle, would look like one of those characters from the movie, Devil's Advocate. Some of the people would turn a certain way or walk in front of a mirror and you could see what they really looked like, demons from Hell. I'm voting for Johnson. I know he doesn't have a chance. But I don't think I can pull the lever for Trump. And I know I can't pull it for Clinton.

LB2

some call me Tim

Indeed, 42 is after all the answer to the question of life, the universe, and everything. Congrats Mandy and best of luck. Dunno about the nerve angle, but I've done plenty of (and swear by) tendon and muscle flossing.

SRD again here. I've seen a lot of meme graphics out there about people being driven crazy during tapers by their desire to run more, the poor dears. I just throw my efforts into logistical prep. Speaking of which, if any of you has run the Green Monster or any of the trails in Tioga state forest/Wellsboro area, a couple sentences on the terrain would be appreciated... I've got the numbers, but there aren't a ton of reports on those trails.

qotd: I watched it all plus a bunch of postmortem. Unlike the mind numbing bs of the past, there is a certain train wreck quality to it. This was the only presidential debate I've ever seen that was entertaining... should've maybe been a cage match the way they were going! I find them both pretty gross for different reasons and will as usual toss my vote away on someone I actually like, though pickings are slimmer all around than I think I've seen in my lifetime.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Well we were going to take turns...not sure what happened to that.   She provide the hospital with her credit card and authorized a certain amount.  We checked out there was a balance still.  We have been contacted by her vet insurance carrier so I am hoping it will all be paid for without anything ugly.  I'm the type of person that just moves on because I realize life isn't perfect.  There is a chance that the urethra could collapse where repaired and a stint would need to be put in.  Doctor feels after 2 months Jack is out of the hole. 

DH won't take a turn or two?

Glad to hear some progress.  Is first vet covering the second surgery bill?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Oops, I meant 10 degrees cooler-- low 70s and even the upper 60s!

runtrailDC:  10 degrees, already!!! maybe I don't want to move to Michigan.

Glad to hear Jack is gaining control over peeing. I asked my sister (a vet) about what happened to Jack, and she responded that 'he must have had a very abnormal anatomy, which can happen'.  Good thing having the UC Davis vet school so handily nearby.  That really must have made those students day.

Sandy-2

An easy 5 this morning. It was a couple of degrees cooler, so felt better.  Like LB2 looks like morning temps will drop a bit more to about 70. Yay.

qotd: yes watched the whole thing. To me Clinton showed that at least she's the lesser of two evils. Trump's somewhat frantic exclamation that he has the right temperament sumed it up for me. Anyway, just a blue vote in a red state here, so lost in the ozone.

tbd.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yesterday but I did Super Frog!!!!  I may try to run tonight.  No - make that I will run tonight.  Going to State College tomorrow for a couple days for work.  I hope to get by and see Marie.  I also hope to hit the trails even if for a short jaunt.

Mandy - good job over the weekend especially with the taking a nap part.  Sounds like a great 24 hour strategy.

QOTD: NOOOOOO. I refuse to watch that nonsense. DW was watching on the computer and I had to put my fingers in my ears as I walked by.

Have a great day night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

An easy 5 this morning. It was a couple of degrees cooler, so felt better.  Like LB2 looks like morning temps will drop a bit more to about 70. Yay.

Today is the 110th day that temperature has not dropped below 70* F in Baton Rouge. I am north of BR, and I think it may have hit 69 or so a few days ago. I think the longest time before this year was about 98 days. So, it has been a hot summer all the way through. No super spikes in temps, but mid-90's since late May.

LB2