Trailer Trash

Snickers Saturdaily (Read 24 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Late day around here.  I had one of my best runs in a long time. Ran 3 hours on the AT and gave out 24 frozen Snickers to through hikers (you can tell who is a through hiker and who is a section hiker pretty easily).  Everyone was happy for some "trail magic" and since they were about a day or from making the 1/2 way point they all were pretty happy.

Only negative is the last song I heard before getting out of the car was Abba's "Take a Chance on Me".  After 3 hours of Swedish Pop music in my head I was ready to scream.  I never un with music on the trails, but wich I had my iPod today just to get my mind off of that song.

Hope Warden and Lace are killing it.

QOTD:  Run with music or not?  On back roads I will or on something boring like the C&O towpath, but not on busy roads or the woods.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Really wanted to go up to Rothrock after I got out of work. I wanted to hike up the trail and watch the fastest runners come down the last descent. It's very rocky and I wanted to see how they would do on a tired legs. Then I remembered that the race now starts at 0700 and I wasn't going to get out of work until at least 0830. Coupled with a 2 hour drive time I knew I wouldn't even get there in time to see the front runners finish so I decided not to do that.

Now I'm heading up on the mountain for a run. Hoping to get in about 10 miles. Haven't been on real trails for a month.

AT- Abba. That's good music.

QOTD: Only on the TM, bike trainer or elliptical. Never, ever, ever outside. Even if it's a boring run. There are enough voices in my head that I can keep up a pretty good conversation .

some call me Tim

Haha, yeah I have a bit of a soft spot for Abba, too, and that one's my favorite! I'm sure it remains because I don't hear them that often.

1.8 so far today with my daughter at her race. She did great- still waiting on the chip time but I expect it's low 19's, and 184 out of ~5000(lots of walkers out there). The last two years she ran 22's.

I'm about to get 5 more in.

qotd: Occasionally on the home trails I'll listen to a podcast, and as I may have mentioned I always(and only) listen to metal when I'm forced to run on a treadmill(it's actually a lot of fun) but otherwise I prefer the time alone with my thoughts and the sound of the living machine.

whoops, edited to add a photo from the race!

'Snake' and Dad

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

7.5 early in the morning. It was pretty neat to run from early dawn into the sun rising between the clouds and the fog. Warm and humid, very nice for a longer run, but, like DD1, I had to be at work all day.

AT: Wow, that's a lot of trail magic! Must have been fun giving it out.

DD1: They also have shortened Rothrock with the new course (17 miles vs. 18.9 on the old course), and it's gotten faster, so the front runners should finish within a couple hours.

darg: Congrats to Ms. Darg! That's speedy fast.

QOTD: I like Abba, too, but I never have listened to any music while running (or doing any other sports besides dancing). I "play" songs in my head, though, or have a conversation with myself. 

Run for fun.

Going for a bike ride in a bit.

QOTD: Usually no.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Srd..

qotd:  ya I do and I don't.

blargendarg:  your daughter looks soo cute wiith all that curly hair.  And totally looks like a serious runner.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄