Trailer Trash

Woo Hoo Wednesdaily (Read 31 times)

DigDug2

6.7 on road/rail trail/real trail this a.m.  Weather was beautiful!

QOTD:  excellent vision, knock on wood

NorthernHarrier

Had an awesome 2 hour run at Blue Mounds this morning.  Drop the temps and the dew point and like magic I felt alive and strong. Wow!

I too played some team sports back in the day. I'm not a team guy, hate the obligation, unreliable people, some that take it way too seriously and some that don't care whatsoever, and a lot of us guys hate the male ego too.

Queen--Yup, might as well go run. Funny!

QOTD- I've worn glasses since I was 18. Contacts too. I've run with glasses since then and only have an issue when it's raining. Like wearing contacts but sometimes I'm lazy and it's just easier to thrown on the cheaters.  I would wear contacts more but then I would have to carry reading glasses around these days. I'm down to my last couple pairs so I am rationing their use right now as I don't feel like going thru another eye exam until I'm ready for new glasses.

Sandy-2

Last night it was 99 deg when I did my 5 miles.  Good thing it wasn't triple digits!!!!!  This morning at 5am it was still 80 deg.  Good thing the humidity was a comfy 98%.  I did 10 miles this morning.

After this weekend I'll start my taper... looking forward to it.

qotd: I wear glasses when I run, they are really light so not a big deal.  I agree that they can be a pain when it's raining or it is steamy.  Or running through the occasional sprinklers, like I did this morning... ;-).

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

ceezy

Planning on 5/6 after work....ran some road hills last night which ended up being a difficult run.  As soon as I hit a couple rollers I could tell my legs were heavy, then hit only a 500' or so climb that went on for about a mile and half which really got me yesterday.  Didn't expect it to be much of a workout but ended up having a hard run.

QOTD:

Contacts...

Sometimes I get something in my eye or sweat/sunscreen or whatever and they can get irritated but normally they are fine.

I wear sunglasses a lot when running and almost all the time driving/walking during the day.

AT-runner

Tim

I was going to go for a run at lunch but Queen gave me a great idea, so I had sex instead.  Next time I may ask DW if she wants to join Big grin

QOTD:  Contacts.  I usually sleep in them.  Oakley transition sunglasses most of my runs.  Old man glasses to read.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Last night it was 99 deg when I did my 5 miles.  Good thing it wasn't triple digits!!!!!  This morning at 5am it was still 80 deg.  Good thing the humidity was a comfy 98%.  I did 10 miles this morning.

After this weekend I'll start my taper... looking forward to it.

qotd: I wear glasses when I run, they are really light so not a big deal.  I agree that they can be a pain when it's raining or it is steamy.  Or running through the occasional sprinklers, like I did this morning... ;-).

Where do you live again? I want to make sure to never go there in the Summer!

NorthernHarrier

I was going to go for a run at lunch but Queen gave me a great idea, so I had sex instead.  Next time I may ask DW if she wants to join Big grin

How am I supposed to follow that???  Shocked

So another Garmin watch failure. This time it was constantly fogging up internally, I guess from my sweat. Went on-line to see if I should maybe upgrade but all their models seem to have enough failure issues of one kind or another in reading reviews. I guess they just build enough profit into those things knowing they will be replacing a certain percentage. In any event I sure do like REI and a no questions or hassle return policy.  I have a friend that bragged about getting his Garmin thru some on-line discount place and how much he saved. He wasn't too happy a couple months later when his Garmin failed.

So another new Garmin--I wonder how long I can keep this up with REI replacing these every 6 months. I may never have to buy a new one the rest of my life. Big grin

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

BIRD > brain-induced rest day. Greetings from the concussion!

Went to the doc today, and he was impressed - with the concussion, not me. Now it's rest until the symptoms have resolved. I might take this seriously this time, I don't need this nausea and headache to last any longer than absolutely "necessary". Hope I'll be over the hump soon, and it looks like things are getting better today, yay!

QOTD: 20/20 vision - with glasses. Courtesy of old age. Big grin

I wear them when I run, and I don't mind. I have one pair that fits quite well, and only when I sweat a lot, they slip and slide somewhat, but I can live with that. I found that I trip less when I wear the glasses, so that pays off, and they also keep some of the gnats out of my eyes.

Fun time wearing them is in the winter, when they fog up, and the fog then freezes!

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

BIRD > brain-induced rest day. Greetings from the concussion!

Good move.  Hop you are back to normal soon.  Reducing sensory overload helps speed recovery.  So watch out for too much TV, computer, loud music, direct sunlight, bright lights etc.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

So another new Garmin--I wonder how long I can keep this up with REI replacing these every 6 months. I may never have to buy a new one the rest of my life. Big grin

I am also on this plan for Garmins at REI.

I have a similar plan from New Balance going on (just sent off pair #2 and pair #3 back to New Balance for replacing too...one of the pairs they are replacing was pair #1's replacements).

AT:   ba dum bum chhh

**Ask me about streaking**

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Evil

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

QOTD:  Contacts.  I usually sleep in them.  Oakley transition sunglasses most of my runs.  Old man glasses to read.

Bringing the Woo Hoo Wednesdaily to a new level!!! way to go

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

So another Garmin watch failure. This time it was constantly fogging up internally, I guess from my sweat. Went on-line to see if I should maybe upgrade but all their models seem to have enough failure issues of one kind or another in reading reviews. I guess they just build enough profit into those things knowing they will be replacing a certain percentage. In any event I sure do like REI and a no questions or hassle return policy.  I have a friend that bragged about getting his Garmin thru some on-line discount place and how much he saved. He wasn't too happy a couple months later when his Garmin failed.

Old people and technology...sheesh!  My Garmin has been going strong for 4.5 years now.  No issues.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Bringing the Woo Hoo Wednesdaily to a new level!!! way to go

When I read Queen's daily, all I could think of was that Geico commercial for "Hump Daayyyyy".  So I thought it sounded better than "I ran 4 miles today at lunch" (which is what I actually did). 

NorthernHarrier

Old people and technology...sheesh!  My Garmin has been going strong for 4.5 years now.  No issues.

Oh yeah--well at least I take mine running!  

well slow jogging anyway

Back at ya!   Joking