Trailer Trash

It's the Mondailles! (Read 21 times)

muppy

5.5 trail miles yesterday followed by a trip to the gym for some weights.

QOTD  How's winter going in your neck of the woods?

In central Pennsylvania it's been a mild winter so far,  we've only had a few small snow storms and a few days of freezing rain.  There have been a few days where the temperature was in the low teens and a few days where it was in the 50s and 60s.

NHLA

8 miles around the mt.

qotd  one 7" snow. Stayed in the teens for five days. Other than that mild.

Gator eye

We did six this am, it was cold with no wind to speak of, which has been rare this winter. So i gave up my plans for another hundred this spring when i saw spots left open at the Bayshore marathon and signed up for it instead. It will be my first marathon in three years

QOTD: we had two or three weeks ofextremely cold weather this year which has been followed by warm spells, and the wind never stops. One side of the scale to the other. I dont mind either side if that dam wind would quit it out.

Daydreamer1

Getting ready to head off to the gym for a nice lifting session followed by some rowing. I'm kind of getting into the flow of this gym thing especially since I'm seeing some gains. Hopefully I can keep it up once spring hits.

Gator - Nice to see you post again. How's Mr Jangles?

QOTD: Being one of the more northern of the PA runners I'm getting the mildest weather of anyone else in the state .  (Maybe this will get us a update from FTYC)

Funny how that works but we often do not get as much bad weather as the areas farther to the south. We've had less ice and snow than the southern counties have.  In a way it's nice, but it would be nice to get some decent snows of 8-20 inches and leave out the ice crap. Just was chatting with one of my farmer neighbors about how it would be beneficial to get some snow. At this  rate I won't even be able to use my new tractor to plow any snow. A snowless winter is nice for my job but not so nice for my well and the water table.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I decided f^ck it and ran yesterday afternoon- OUTSIDE it was cold (7), but nonetheless nice to be out; going to try and get a run in this afternoon (OUTSIDE) temps look like crap again, but I'm really tired of the treadmill

qotd: our snow levels are above average (have about a foot in town), but it's the temps that have really marked this as a brutal winter- I've lost count of how many days we've been below 0, several days never getting above 0 and a slug of days never getting above the single digits 

to give you an idea how much this varies from the norm, our "normal" highs are right around freezing, lows about 10- we've been consistently 20-30 degrees below "normal" for about a month and a half now

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Yesterday was a casual and slow run with friends in the woods. Neither are very regular runners, so it was 3 miles with a few hard hills and just the right amount of mud.  It was sunny and great to get out. Also did yoga.

The verdict is still out for today so I'll report on that tomorrow. Better not get ahead of myself.

qotd: Generally mild.

AT-runner

Tim

Nothing for today.  Might walk on TM later. I figure I need some walking training for 48hr, so plan on adding 1-2 walking sessions in per week.

Warden - glad you got out. Cabin Fever sucks.

QOTD:  What is the winter thing you speak of?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

A little over 3.5 with the doggy. It was pretty much a wasted day. He stopped and wallowed in a mud hole. Then, my neighbor drove down the gravel road and stopped to talk, which is fine. I like to talk and was just standing around while the dog wallowed. I did do that last mile hike in 14:31. That was pretty good because I wasn't really pushing it.  Of course, that is after 2.5 miles of running with a wallow and talk break of about 15 minutes, not after 70 miles of running/hiking.... But I figure I gained something from it mentally.

QOTD: I don't even know what winter is. It was 76 and muggy when I ran. But I sort of hope it stays like that with a break in the heat for turkey season. I am running well in this humidity, and it may pay off later in the year if I can get some more of it.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

5 x .6 at 5K pace, total 6 miles

qotd: Like muppy in Central PA, SE PA has been relatively mild with only one day cold enough to keep me from running and very little snow so far.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nothing todAy...

qotd: we got bring rain last week so water levels are looking good.

MT: f3ck Montana!!!! At least in the winter!!! Brrrrh

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄