Trailer Trash

Thursdailes (Read 37 times)

Birdwell

Morning folks!

Some hill repeats last night, and 4 easy tonight after the kids go to bed.

QOTD: does your spouse/significant other/BF/GF/whatever run? Do they run with you?

my wife has expressed some interest in running with me on occasion once the whole pregnancy thing is done with (in two months or so, plus recovery time).

It should be entertaining.

This is one of the worst colds I've ever had. I couldn't even think about running last night, as I can barely breathe just sitting still. We are scheduled to head up to the Poconos for a snowboarding trip tonight, though I'm not sure I'll actually get out to snowboard tomorrow. Might just have to bum around the house if I don't feel better soon.

My half marathon training plan is totally out the window at this point thanks to a month of lackluster running, so I will probably need to adjust my goals for the race.

QOTD: My fiance was a very competitive runner in high school but now is not interested in it. I've convinced him to run a couple of short races with me, and we've gone for a recreational run together ONCE in four years.

Occasional Runner

I had an awesome 9 mile trail run in the dark this morning. A lot of climbing and I felt really strong. I could have stayed out there all day if it wasn't for this stupid JOB.

QOTD: My wife runs every day. Sometimes we run together but we usually do our own thing.

runtraildc

Good morning, trailers!  Got in another day of cross-training yesterday.  The elliptical and the rower, which might become my new favorite while recovering.  Today is yoga.

qotd:  DH was a competitive cross country runner in high school, and that was enough (flat feet don't help).  We've run together occasionally, but not recently.

SillyC

Hey there!

Would it be okay if I joined the thread?  I've been running - but I've been having some low motivation to update my log.  The log.  The log!  I need to update my log.  If I joined in, I might be motivated to do that.

AT-runner

Tim

Return of winter temperatures here today.  9 degree run this morning with mild winds.  Snow has a frozen layer on top, so it was easy to run on trails today with screw shoes.

Silly C - just jump right in, and hey, work on that log.  

QOTD:  Yes, for over 25 years (been married 28).  We run together at least 2 times a week.  By together, that usually means the same trails at the same time.  When I get to a major turn, I'll slow down and wait and when I see her I'll yell out which direction to go.  I'm never allowed to run back towards her, that rule was set years ago.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

The pooch and I had a nice 4 mile run after a late start.  I was lazy and almost stayed in.  Marley decided I needed to be motivated and let me know I had been sitting around long enough.

QOTD: No, but my wife does like to hike with me.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

SillyC

Return of winter temperatures here today.  9 degree run this morning with mild winds.  Snow has a frozen layer on top, so it was easy to run on trails today with screw shoes.

Silly C - just jump right in, and hey, work on that log.  

Thanks!

I have all the data written down, I just need to enter it.

I'm waiting for tonight to run or ski.  It was -2  F when I went to bed last night, so I decided not to run before work. My family MIGHT go lantern-skiing (cross country) after work.  If we do, my kiddos are not half bad and I anticipate we'll likely ski about three miles.  If we don't ski, I'll run about four after the kids go to bed.

QOTD - my husband is a runner!  He runs about 15-20 MPW, and I'm more of a 35-55 MPW gal.   But we rarely run together for two reasons.  1) We have elementary school aged kids, so someone's gotta be with them.  It's rare that it isn't either him, me, or school that is with them.

2) We are SO different.  On paper, we should be able to run together.  He's a bit faster, but in the few 5Ks we've done together, I've been able to SEE him cross the finish because I'm not that far behind.  He likes to do 5Ks, and he likes to do road race "series" - he did the BAA distance medley.  I like to run ultras, the harder the better, and I love bad weather.   He likes fast and flat and mild weather.  So running together doesn't work out.

muppy

Try for 5 or so road miles after work.

Trails&cocktails, hope you can get rid of that cold, sounds nasty!

SillyC welcome!

QOTD My GF ran with me once and remembered she hates to run.

Uh oh... now what?

We got up at five, went out hoping to see the moon/Venus thing -- cloudy to the east, another astronomy fail.  Five, maybe six miles on the prairie and bluff.  Lots of birds are returning or maybe the bushes are learning to chirp.

QOTD:  We both still do something, some days together, some days separately.  I think she was pretty good a few years ago.

Chnaiur

Another stomach thing may be coming up, so we'll see what I do today.

QOTD: I ran with my wife once in 2007, and she's still offended that I was impressed she could go for 20 minutes. That was the last time she ran.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

LB2

I'll get out for 5 this evening. My legs feel great. Those gnarly Alabama trails did a number on my quads and shins, but my recovery is pretty much done. Probably the best thing to come out of that event, besides the beauty of the day as a whole, was that my legs, though fatigued, were not that bad at all. I could have been running the next day, and I could have kept on going the day of the race. And that is important to me.

QOTD: No. My wife does not run. She is always happy when I finish a long race, though, and that is good enough for me. However, I would like to see her start running, just for her own well being. Running has enhanced my life a great deal. I don't know what I would do without it.

LB2

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I haven't run since Sunday.  This weather sucks.   High of 3 degrees today.  I'll run tomorrow, Saturday, Sunday, and then Monday I will crutch.

QOTD: Yes and yes.

Running is dumb.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

QOTD:  Yes, for over 25 years (been married 28).  We run together at least 2 times a week.  By together, that usually means the same trails at the same time.  When I get to a major turn, I'll slow down and wait and when I see her I'll yell out which direction to go.  I'm never allowed to run back towards her, that rule was set years ago.

I've heard quite a few women who run with their faster boyfriends/husbands say this as well.  I don't get it.  I have no issues if someone wants to run at their own (faster) pace and then turn around, run back to me, run with me for a while, take off again, rinse and repeat.

Running is dumb.

Gator eye

4 on the TM this morning, cant  wait to get back outside.

QOTD: I saw my wife run to the john one morning, that's about as close to running as she'll get.