Trailer Trash

Finally Friday (Read 26 times)

runtraildc

It is finally Friday after a long week.  Still cross training this week and will get to hot yoga at lunch (really warm- 90*, not that crazy bikram 105*).  I got a month pass for xmas and this is one of my favorite places.   Looking forward to it as it will be a nice change.  Probably no running today.

qotd:  Oh, weekend plans?  Me, not so much.  DH just left for a work trip and the kiddos are gearing up for exams.  If you're never known fun like trying to help a 15 year old with Chemistry, you haven't really lived (I say).  I'm hoping you all have more exciting plans.  I will say, after the holidays-- a low key weekend with lots of netflix sounds good.

Gator eye

Only thing I did this morning was hit the snooze button.

QOTD. Run, drink beer, repeat.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Not sure what I will do tonight.  I want to try and get in a long run tomorrow so that may alter my plans for tonight.

dc - helping a 15 with chemistry huh? Oh what I have to look forward to.  I have been having fun  helping our 11 yr old with his book report that was due today and he waited until this week to do it - (oh did I mention he is ADHD and cannot concentrate worth a lick?!?).

QOTD: Do some more painting in the house.  I started last weekend in our den of painting bookshelves.  It is coming out nice but still more to do.  A long run I hope.  Clear the garage a bit so we can park the cars in there, clean the basement some, school work, uh, uh....ok that's plenty.  Sounds like a fun weekend....

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Got up and put in 33 minutes on the trainer, that's all I had time for. Now it's off to work for several hours. It's the PA Farm Show week so I'll go in today to help set up for the next eight days. It will be a busy week.  Maybe when I get home tonight I'll do a session on the elliptical.

QOTD: Right now just planning on working around the house. Been trying to organize the garage which started small and has turned into a big project.  There is always the possibility that I might end up working the entire weekend. I'm not scheduled to work at the Farm Show Saturday or Sunday but the one part timer that picked up a lot of time is known to have allergies to farm animals . I have no idea why you would work at a place that is full of dust and animals when you have allergies to that .  Two years ago she came in, had major breathing problems and had to call off. If that happens I might end up getting those shifts.

muppy

Got in 4.8 miles yesterday.

Fond memories Jamie! My son is ADHD and I remember some less than happy days trying to do homework. He's 19 now and doing great, so it does get better!

Daydreamer, have fun at the farm show!

QOTD I'm in Florida visiting the in laws for a week, so whatever we feel like doing. However we did get rained out of kayaking this morning! (I know, first world problem)

AT-runner

Tim

Taking a rest day today.  Probably a wet run tomorrow with heavy rain in the forecast.

Ah Chemistry.  I majored in chemistry, and hated helping the kids.  You either get it or you don't.  They actually hated me helping.

Farm show week - anyone going should have a milkshake for me. DW wants to go with DD#2 and see the rabbits on Sunday.

QOTD:  Looks like I'll start a tend and work on the house as well.  Painting a bedroom. Prep's a ll done but I need to get a drop cloth at Wally World over lunch.  Ceiling tonight and walls tomorrow after my run.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Draggggeeeddd myself out of bed and got in 4.3 and still almost made it to work on time.  Chilly 34 out there after 4 days of rain everything look bright and shinny.  The oak leaves on the ground where lined in frost, looked pretty cool.  Gym today for core.

Husband leaving town until next Monday so going for a running streak...of 12 days.  You on Jamie?  I already have 2 days in and I think you do too.

QOTD:  Looks like me and Gator eye are the only ones having fun this weekend.  His plans sound good.  Tonight is drinks with friends after work, and Saturday night is game night with same friends.  It's her birthday Sunday.  The old man is gone so chores, running, and wine for the rest of the week.  I think I am going to read my book also. 

runtraildc:  My friend is teaching bikram now and I thought about going to a class but my body doesn't really bend.  Is that an essential part of yoga.  I know they have those blocks to help you but would I look strange if I brought a step stool?

Daydreamer1:  Always wondered what that picture of you and your son is about.  Looks like your posing on a highway?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Queen.  That is a picture of us right after we finished Hyner back in 2012. Probably should update it.

Wandering Wally

Rest day today.

QOTD: My 9 year old has a swim meet tomorrow morning so I will be there. No other big plans this weekend. Might have to break out the snow shovel tomorrow and Sunday.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

XtremeTaper

7 pretty fast miles for me on a hilly trail loop with the Lady. Grey and mild and calm and lovely. Only the second time I've busted 60 minutes for this loop and I crushed my previous best time by over 2 minutes. So sort of a trail tempo today.

QOTD: Not too much. I am on-call for work, so can't wander too far from home. Hope to get in a couple of 2 hour runs, watch some wild card games, and hope I don't get beeped.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Husband leaving town until next Monday so going for a running streak...of 12 days.  You on Jamie?  I already have 2 days in and I think you do too.

Well I have 2 days if I run tonight.  Guess I will run tonight.  so you're talking mileage based for the next 12 days, right? Dec 7 - 18th? Sure why not but I am sure you will win that.  I have a trip to Pittsburgh next week for two days and not sure I will get in much running then.  Or are you talking just match the 12 consecutive days? You'll have to spell this out for me.  It's the end of a long and busy work week and I am going .

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Just when I was about to head out into the freezing fog, DD and DSs called, school has been canceled, and I'll need to pick them up. So much for my afternoon run. Now if I'd want to run in the evening, it will be in freezing rain - I might pass on that one, my one steel-reinforced elbow is enough robocop-gear for me so far. No need for more.

Queen: I envy you for next week's peace and self-indulging running streak! How did you manage to make a 12-day trip appealing to him? A hint would be appreciated... 

QOTD: Uhm.... work? 

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

A streak as who can run the most consecutive days.  Rules will be a minimum run of 2 miles.

Well I have 2 days if I run tonight.  Guess I will run tonight.  so you're talking mileage based for the next 12 days, right? Dec 7 - 18th? Sure why not but I am sure you will win that.  I have a trip to Pittsburgh next week for two days and not sure I will get in much running then.  Or are you talking just match the 12 consecutive days? You'll have to spell this out for me.  It's the end of a long and busy work week and I am going .

Queen of Nothing

Sue

He often leaves for a week at a time doing shows.  The show is usually on the weekend but he if drives 9 hours he tries to put two shows tighter and than work on the houses we own in So Cal.  Actually Couchie in my opinion he leaves way too often.  I enjoy it the first few days than get bored.

Queen: I envy you for next week's peace and self-indulging running streak! How did you manage to make a 12-day trip appealing to him? A hint would be appreciated... 

QOTD: Uhm.... work? 

NorthernHarrier

Was gonna run, was driving to the Arb right after work but I was tired and then it started raining harder so I just said screw it and headed off to buy lottery tickets. I think I'll hop on the elliptical and watch the news while dreaming of what to do with my upcoming fortune.

QOTD--Heading north to the shack early morning. Would have gone tonight but there will be a rain to snow transition area around Wausau and I really don't feel like driving in the dark with freezing rain 2 weekends in a row.   Sunday morning near Ironwood, Mi. will be a snowshoe race. It will be a real small event but some great people participating so should be fun. Temps look to be a bit chilly with a high Sunday of 3F.