Trailer Trash

Weekenddalies (Read 20 times)

Daydreamer1

Planning on heading out for a run later this afternoon.  Probably looking at doing about 9 miles. All roads, although I'll run on the dirt roads as much as possible.  I'd rather go short today and longer tomorrow but with tomorrow being Easter it's not going to work for me to get in a long run on the mountain.

Beautiful weather outside. Puts me in a homicidal mood. Time to go mix some spray and kill some dandelions . I do battle with them every year. Sometimes I feel like taking time off from work just so I can spray them every day.  Yea, I know, it's just a little obsessive .

QOTD: Since it's the weekend I'll make you think about work .   Is your place of employment,  fully staffed or are they always looking for help?   I could work 7 days a week. My fulltime job is very short staffed.  Had a lot of problems with management that caused a lot of people to leave and make it difficult to hire. On top of that getting good people is difficult. My part time jobs aren't as bad, but I could always pick up more time if I wanted to.  It's the same way at  DW's job. She has to pick up 8 additional hours every pay period.

Couldn't think of a better question. Well actually I could but though I'd save the good ones for the week days when we are all trying to avoid work.

moonlightrunner

Went on an awesome 4 miler today. Could have gone much longer, but my run buddy's schedule called for 4. I might do a few tonight. The weather is warm and wonderful. Today, Michigan is forgiven her recent transgressions.

DD: good luck with your dandelion battle, but you should just bag that and go for the run!

I am considering that September getaway to Glacier. The train option would work well for me, but it all depends on the job hunt.

Qotd: I recently lost my job to cutbacks and reorganization. I worked the kind of job (IT related) where there was never a shortage of work and it felt like we did not have enough people to give good support for the users. Apparently, I was wrong and we were two positions heavy.

I am off to color Easter eggs with my adorable grand babies!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

Cut my long run short and got in just over 15 miles. I woke up with a crummy tummy and it never settled down.  After 10 miles I was ready to puke, but never did.    We had shrimp last night, so really hope it's not a food poisoning thing.  I'll chalk it up as a mental toughness run, since  ran much more than I probably should have.

QOTD:  I'm fully staffed, but at times I think about adding another doctor which would result in having to hire more staff. The thought of additional stress and headaches prevents me from making the move.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jonferg67

Endless trails

My plan for 6-8 miles this morning turned into 9,I almost can't believe it. I

thought I lost quite a bit of fitness in 6 months, but apparently not. Even more

surprising was looking at my Garmin at 8 mile mark to see that my pace was

9'49", which is pretty damn good for that terrain. Maybe the hiking and taking

the stairs at work everyday kept me in better shape that I thought it would.

QOTD: My place is well staffed, the pre-employment process can be cumbersome

so we do miss out on good talent at times. In fact there was a recent program on

NPR discussing that issue about my employer. I just talked to a few younger

employees yesterday about retention and the different views/culture of millennials.

NorthernHarrier

So Thursday was a real sucky 12.5 miles followed by an awesome 6 miler on Friday so of course today was a sucky 5 miler which turned into mostly a walk. I think the old carcass may be overtraining, need more time to recover. But we'll forge on with a 10 miler planned for tomorrow but I'll bring along my trekker poles and maybe turn it into a serious paced walk if necessary. 

So I changed my plans about heading to Tennessee for a few days this next week. The forecast looked for crap and DW is working a brutal schedule and would have problems dealing with our dogs so since I am very flexible I'll be going the end of Oct. instead and she'll join me. So up to the shack with the dogs for the next week.

QOTD--What is this work thing you mention?      Funny, when I gave my notice a couple weeks ago I was standing there with the manager looking at our wall calendar showing the vacations and how short handed they would be at times and I mentioned a couple weeks where I knew I would be available to help them thru it but the response was, or how I interpreted it was No Thanks, don't let the door hit you in the ass. So my remaining coworkers will have to suck it up instead of having an experienced guy helping.   ( I didn't really want to help anyway, just seemed like a nice thing to do )

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

4.6 miles including 3 x 800m. Starting a taper for next Saturday's 10K.

qotd: what holiday weekend? I work tonight as usual. Staff hours are based on sales figures. IMO we're understaffed to be able to provide the type of customer service we would like to provide.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NHLA

8.3 miles Estatoe trail. I was running thinking I'm not going that fast why is this so hard? It was 80.

qotd  I have always worked for myself except for 10 years that I hated.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

11 beautiful miles on the AT.  Lots of bluebells out which is why I ran the section I did.  I didn't see any others out until I was about 2+ miles from the car.  I was passed by a very speedy runner.  He looked as if he wasn't going to say anything to me (no eye contact) so I made it a point to say Good Morning.  He responded but then blew by like I was standing still.  I wasn't.  I was running albeit slowly.  I started to pick up the pace as he was really chugging up a long gradual hill.  Halfway up he petered out.  I kept at my pace and passed him towards the top.  I wanted very much to say something sarcastic but I didn't.  He had to "check" his shoe near the top of the hill.  I looked back after running down the other side but he wasn't following.  He must have been out for a short out n back or he just wore himself out.

QOTD: We just had a few new employees join us but I think we are fully staffed.  I cannot really keep up.

Have a good rest of the weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 6 road miles this morning. Now off to church and then brunch with my side of the family.

Happy birthday, Jamie.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Hilly hike yesterday and a hillier tempo run this morning.

QOTD: We have had so many budget cuts over the last several years due to lower tax revenue and Bobby Jindal's ideological governance that we have just been cut down to a skeleton crew. I'm thankful I am still one of the bones in the skeleton. But at my school, we are decently staffed.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I think I ran 15 miles.... it was 31/2 hours.  Although I took my garmin off the charging it didn't seem to charge.  Looks like the rain is coming...may go to the movie Zookeeper's wife later.

Qotd:  I guess we are fully staff becausecwe get the job done, our department is rated by counties and we were number 2 last year but it was nice when we had extra staff. Everything got done, ran smoother, policies up to date, staff get plenty of training.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Moved over to the Betzwood side of Valley Forge for 6.5 miles on mostly single track trails.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NHLA

4 miles on Rufus Morgan Trail. Nice morning.

Daydreamer1

Ended up doing a nice 10 miles yesterday. Did 7.2 miles today. Don't know if it was the fact that this week was a major increase in mileage or the fact that it was 82 with 15-18 MPH winds that made today really slow but all I could do was plod along with no snap in the legs.

Sandy-2

Got up really early on Sat strapped on the headlamp and did a great run up on FTYC's mountain (Tussey), unfortunately she wasn't there.  Felt really good the whole way, weather was great.  Ended up with 18 mi and a good amount of vertical. Made it back in time for breakfast with family.

Followed up with a slow 8 mi this morning.  Went up a new-to-me trail that was kinda nice, I may do a bit more of it tomorrow.  Now I get to taper for the next two weeks.

qotd: we've had some layoffs lately and I guess we are ok.  But those of us who are left are really busy.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL