Trailer Trash

Thursdaily (Read 21 times)

Daydreamer1

Nice and warm for this time of the year but may end up with a cold front rolling through bringing some strong storms.  I'd like to go out for a short run, but don't think that will happen. Have too much to do around the house today.   Probably work on a plan for getting back into the gym and maybe spin on the bike a little tonight.

QOTD:  Time for the injury report. Who's injured, not feeling the best and how is recovery going?

First is my ankle. Didn't run with a brace at Tussey and never had the slightest discomfort. Feels as good as before the roll. This was the first time I didn't ice a injury going straight to heat instead and the recovery time was dramatically faster. Ice is out, heat is in.

Some time the beginning of October I felt like I had pulled a groin. At first it was on the inside of my thigh going into my lower abdomen. Then it moved to the outside of the hip and even up into my lower flank area. Sometimes moderate, sometimes barely there. Sometimes it seemed more like it might have been in the hip joint itself. After the race it wasn't there at all. Until yesterday afternoon. I was down on my garage floor putting together a welding cart and when I went to get up the pain flew back into the outside of my hip area.  Now it's even tender to the touch. Going to give it a few days rest from running and see how it heals.

I keep having nightmares thinking about Mandy's hip issues and NH's stress fracture several years ago.

Oh, yea. I went to bed last night kind of pissed off because the Cubbies were being stupid and blowing a lead and woke up to see they had actually won it.  I didn't really care, I just hate when a team blows a nice lead.

LB2

I stayed up a little late last night. It was a madhouse at my house last night. My wife slipped on a wet floor and hit her head on the cabinet. I switched between the CMA's, World Series, and the Louisiana US Senate debate. How David Duke polled high enough to get in the debate is beyond me. My candidate didn't even make the cut... Anyway, I thought they were going to have to call the cops to arrest that nut; he was going off. It was like Geraldo and Jerry Springer on acid, surreal. Oh, yeah, I ran 2.15 this morning along with my new skunk friend who has been on the trail for the last 4 days.

QOTD: All systems are go for me. But Daydreamer, your deal with the ankle at Tussey reminds me of my last run at Pinhoti in 2014. I had run a 50 mile race in September as a work up race and did something to my back at about 35 miles in. I finished the race, but my back hurt from September all the way up to about 4AM on race day in November at Pinhoti. It suddenly stopped hurting, and it never bothered me during the race. It was just one of those weird things that happens.

LB2

NHLA

7 miles on Echo Mt.

qotd  I woke up this morning and nothing hurt. I am ready for some pain free miles.

muppy

15.4 miles yesterday  on the old union canal towpath.

QOTD I have a bone spur that goes into my Achilles tendon,  A groin pain that has been there for a few years and what I was told before was knee Bursitis.  But all in all I'd like to think I'm pretty healthy!

some call me Tim

Another easy 5 on the docket for today, then RD tomorrow and the 50k Saturday. Crazy, but it seems like the conditions will be good, and it's a powderpuff event compared to the one I ran a month ago, so who knows what might happen?

LB, thanks for the tip - it's up on youtube, so I was able to witness the madness myself! I'm no fan of David Duke, but that was some seriously heavy-handed 'moderating' across the board - no surprise he got bent out of shape

qotd: I've been really healthy this year apart from these strange recent issues. Yesterday, an easy 5 miler once again precipitated soreness, though thankfully it didn't take days to recede this time. So maybe it's not an injury so much as a long race recovery timeline.

Great to hear the ankle's holding up, Daydreamer - and hear hear for kicking the ice to the curb! It's served me as well.

XtremeTaper

7 miles with the Lady last night on the Green Lane trails. It was over 70 degrees, shirtless weather really but I tend to get modest in November. Nothing much to report but quite a few folks out and about since the weather was mild. Oh yeah.. I did get a big whiff of some mary-gee-wanna near the first creek crossing 3/4 mile into my run. Saw some dude lurking off trail near some boulders and I suspect he was the source. I should have stopped and said "high".

No run yet today, some light rain moving in presently, but plan on a few wet miles this evening on the trails.

Tired from staying up late and watching game7 last night. Dogs and the wife probably thought I was a maniac in the bottom of the 8th as I was up running around the house hollering like a madman, but alas it didn't pan out for me in the end. Hey, it was a great series and at least now I have my life back and can get back to my regular routine of watching the Browns lose. No stress there.

QOTD: Still battling some left knee "runners knees tendinitis" gunk, but it's improving despite my refusal to stop running. Really the swelling has gone tremendously in the past few weeks. Also had some fun back pain out of the blue last week, likely SI joint related and likely left knee related since it's on the same side. No issues with that the past few days.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Got up and ran the riad in the dark fir about 3.7...almost got taken out by a speed bump!  I am flying to Micchigan and my old man is having surgery for poylus and deviated setum ....I already had my flight booked and he refused to ask fir a different day as he wanted to get it over with.  Hope it goes better than Jack's surgery...it's 10 am and I need a beer!!!

qotd:  my heel hurts and has hurted for a long time...tendioutis?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

I give up on the weather Apps.  Checked before I left and said rain starting around 2pm.  As I pulled into the trail it was starting to rain. WTF.  Ended up running 10 miles in a nice steady rain.  Actually was nice since it was humid out. Saw an older couple (70's) with umbrellas walking  a very frisky dog.  Stopped to chat and found out the dog was a rescue animal from Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Kanab, UT.  Told them I was just there for a race and they were there around the same time picking up the dog.  Small frickin' world.  Dog was cute as hell.  Looked like a cross between a beagle and a lab.

Daydreamer is having nightmares! Strangely ironic.   Maybe since you are dreaming about Mandy and NH, you need a trip to Wisconsin.

LB - David Duke is scary dude. Hope wife is OK.

NHLA - Love to get back to Echo mountain. Ran there once on a trip to Asheville. Saw a pretty lake up there (think it was there).

Muppy - what race are you stacking miles for?

Blarg - good luck this weekend.

XT -  woke up DW at one point during the game. Glad I made it through the rain delay. Awesome game.

Queen - Hope you won't have to take the old man outside every 2 hours to blow his nose. Safe travels and enjoy your time home.

QOTD:  Running parts are all OK.  Right shoulder is acting up again and might have to bite the bullet and get it fixed.  Surgeon wanted to do it last year and I've been putting it off.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Got a nice 5-ish in yesterday and added a few strides

weight training this evening

qotd: knock on wood, good to go 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Blarg - What 50k are you running?

Xtreme - I had high hopes for the Browns this year. It really seemed like they were trying to turn the corner and get better. For some reason they seem snake bit.

AT - DW and I were just going over next year's vacation plans. Maybe your right and we should head off to Wisconsin for a few days.

AT-runner

Tim

AT - DW and I were just going over next year's vacation plans. Maybe your right and we should head off to Wisconsin for a few days.

Or Montana next Fall with Warden and a few other people.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

3 miles last night and lunch yoga today. I'll get out for a short run later this afternoon.

qotd: Pretty good, aside from some minor glute pain that I'm attributing to weakness and a sloppy form (new bad habit).  I've been working on strength, stretching and especially this week, my running form.  I wanted to nip this little problem in the bud before it got any worse, and so far, I think I'm succeeding.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Or Montana next Fall with Warden and a few other people.

^ this! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I keep having nightmares thinking about Mandy's hip issues and NH's stress fracture several years ago.

Hmmmmm.  Mine was never tender to the touch.  Mine was always a very consistent dull pain deep in the groin.  I had to move in oddly specific ways to induce sharp pain.  (Rolling over in bed was a specific trigger for the acute pain.)  The best advice I can offer right now is that if you wind up eventually getting an MRI is to make sure you're getting one with contrast dye.  (That means a big needle in your groin beforehand, but so be it.)   But let's hope it heals quickly and doesn't come to that!

Running is dumb.

LB2

LB - David Duke is scary dude. Hope wife is OK.

Thanks. She is good. If she needs brain surgery, do you take Blue Cross? Hahaha. We can go for a run while she in recovery.

LB2