Trailer Trash

The Weekenderdaily (Read 19 times)

runtraildc

Hi all,

Just returned a bit ago from a 4 miler with a couple of friends. We did a lot of talking so progress was slower than usual, which was good since my legs were sluggish.  Ended up with just under 5 yesterday and had the trails completely to myself. I wished I had had more time, as it was one of those magical runs on the trail where everything is beautiful, calm and quiet.  And the legs are working, too, and wanted to go much farther than I had time.

qotd: Do we have a qotd on the weekend with a combined Sat/Sun daily?  Do you answer the question twice if you post both days?

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Daydreamer1

Just crawled out of bed after a not so nice night at work. Still feeling really, really tired. Thank God for Monster Rehab.    Going to head up on the mountain for 9-11 miles in the rain. Temp is approaching 60 so it shouldn't bee too bad.

QOTD:  It's always nice to have a QOTD. Makes me think a little, kind of like doing the crossword puzzle in the newspaper.  Oh wait, I don't get the newspaper anymore and never did the crossword puzzle. I didn't want to think that hard .   Actually taking two days to think about a question might lead to some interesting answers.

BTW. Has anyone had any experience removing objects from kid's noses when they stick items up there?

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in 9 wet, no make that very wet miles, this morning early.  Off to a soccer game after that, also very wet.  Then went to a graduation party for DW's niece.  That would have been wet but thankfully they moved it inside.  Now home early from that because DD started getting a migraine.  Not sure what I will run tomorrow but it is sure to be ....wet.

QOTD: yes, I think.  What was the question? 

DD: I once got a M&M stuck in my nose.  I simply blew super hard.  I guess it was practice for my future snot rockets I would be blowing during my running.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I ran 7.4 miles around the new neighborhood in the heat of the day.  Oof.  Not my brightest idea.

QOTD: I don't know, but the combined Sat/Sun dailies is a good idea since it's so quiet around here on the weekends!  I vote we go with it!

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Got in 8 miles through the neighborhood on the roads, threatening rain the whole time but never got more than a spritz. Felt good and hope to get back to the trails and running up Mt Misery next week.

QOTD: a qotd for a qotd? You might get an infinite regression there.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

took advantage of a little lull in the rain and got a nice 10 miler in; will try and get 5-ish tomorrow- a couple of runs early in the week and that will be all with the Bob Marshall Open this coming weekend; also found out today I'll be doing it solo, my partner is backing out- had knee surgery 3-ish months back and not as healed as he was hoping

qotd: one daily and one qotd should suffice for the weekend me thinks 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Home in the Madison area for now. Beautiful day, actually the last few have been but starting to get a little warm for my taste. Did 4.5 in the Arb this morning, some weights after that, and now just finished an easy road biking. Active but nothing too strenuous. Just enjoying life I guess.

QOTD--Whatever you guys want is fine by me. I'm not active enough to have a real vote. 

Daydreamer--My first dog was a hunting machine. Just bonzai through the brush and foliage. He often would get sticks shoved way up his nostrils. Sneezing blood everywhere. I always carry needle nose pliers in all my hunting coats and vest mainly for porcupine issues but sometimes for field surgery. Sometimes back at the house or cabin I would have to use a narrow tweezers.  Had to take him to the vet on an emergency visit as he was sneezing blood everywhere and I couldn't find anything in the snout. So he is in the little exam room sneezing like crazy and blood flying all over when one good sneeze sent a 6" stick flying out. Not exactly sure where that stick was hiding but wow.

wc George--Have to say as someone getting up in years and finding what was once easy and effortless is now anything but that so I must compliment you on how you're still getting after it like you are. Totally awesome! You are an outlier from the rest of us geriatric peeps. Well done and keep going. 

Sandy-2

Did the back 20 of my b2b this morning. Actually felt pretty good today.  Both runs were done on the hike/bike path since I wanted to get longer sustained running sessions in.

qotwe: yes and no. (I'm bucking the whole insightful answer stuff.)

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 8 miles in the rain. It was raining when I got out of the car, and that always makes it so hard to open that frickin door. Then 3 miles in the REAL rain started.  Was planning on 10, but 8 was enough.  Probably a good rehearsal for next week since the current race forecast is for rain and thunderstorms .

Thinking about doing A Race For The Ages in September, in Tennessee. I think Charles M did it last year. Your starting time is based on your age, and that equals the number of hours you have to run around a 1 mile course.  Sounds like some big hitters are entered this year, so might be fun.

QOTD:  Blue. And tomorrow it will be green.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

moonlightrunner

I had a really nice 6 miler today. First real run since my race last week. The pain in the left foot elwas gone, but the steep litle hold aggravated the bruised little toe. I am stop having sharp pain in my upper chest from the fall...but it was manageable. The trail I ran today was so pretty. I love wooded paths where the vegitstion is thick an hugs the path. It was just magical.

Qotd: love it. When posting regularly I look forward to it each day. I think a weekend combo is a great idea.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

muppy

7.0 miles on the rail trail. Diid a few mile repeats to see if I have any speed.(I don't)

QOTD I second the motion for a weekends daily. Yesterday's answer was for mayonnaise and today I am going with miracle whip!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Yesterday was spent doing yard work.  We went to a estate sale and they had plants in barrels so we bought 4 big plants..the barrels were crumbling.  Then on the way home we saw some nice pine mulch dumped on the side if the road.  So what started as a pine needle rake session, we added planting and mulch.  So I got a full body eork out yesterday.  Today is going to be a 10 miler soon and than more yard work.

WEekend QOTD should be answered with a lie and a truth...we will be left to figure out which is which .

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Did 11.6 miles on the mountain yesterday. Tried out my new Strava app on my phone. Worked quite well considering how much tree cover I was running under.  It's interesting to be able to go back and look at your run profile. Overall a nice run in intermittent drizzle.

No run today due to hanging out at work.

7.0 miles on the rail trail. Diid a few mile repeats to see if I have any speed.(I don't)

QOTD I second the motion for a weekends daily. Yesterday's answer was for mayonnaise and today I am going with miracle whip!

Just to get this straight. I don't care if you had Mayo or Miracle whip!!!! Just make sure It's either Kraft or Hellman's, I have stock in both Kraft and Unilever. Gotta keep those dividends rolling in .

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Nothing yet today.  Just wanted to pop in and say hi.  I hope to get to the gym tonight.  This rainy weather just sucks the life out of me.

QOTW: 

See you Monday!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles in this afternoon, threatening rain, but no rain as of yet; they are calling for two feet plus of snow in the mountains- perfect timing for the Bob Open this coming weekend  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √