Trailer Trash

Weekend dailies (Read 23 times)

Daydreamer1

Going to head out in a little bit for a nice easy 5 mile jaunt. Weather went from a nasty rainy, chilly, windy mess, to some pretty nice fall weather with temps in the mid 50s to lower 60s. I wouldn't have really cared about the rain the past few days if we would have gotten a meaningful amount, but it was just enough to be damp and miserable but not enough to help the water table.

Just got back from the local bike shop. Had to go over there to get a new head lamp. My main one that I really liked I lost the night I twisted my ankle up on the mountain back in Sept. I laid it on the roof of the car and forgot about it until I heard it slide off on the way home. It hit the road at about 60 MPH and likely got run over. Didn't go back to look for it. My back up light has now went missing and I may need one for tomorrow so I picked up a Princeton Tec just like I lost up on the mountain. Tough light and made in the good old USA to boot. Gotta support our own workers .

QOTD: How often do you lose stuff?  I lose stuff occasionally, but I misplace stuff a lot. If my head wasn't attached I'd misplace it . I say misplace because I often find the stuff, just not when I need it.  I know I'll find my backup light sometime, probably today yet or Monday.

runtraildc

Got in just over 5 with the group this morning.  Took the roads into Rock Creek, lots of nice long hills.  It's a gorgeous day here, with temps moving up to the 70s.  Met a new runner to the group today that just returned to the area after a 2 year detail in Bangladesh.  Interesting to hear her experiences.

qotd: I almost never lose stuff. When I misplace things, I usually can follow my tracks to when and where I last saw something and almost always find it.  However, that assumes no one else (DH usually) has 'borrowed' it.  In that case, it usually can be found in the garage, even though he has absolutely no memory of taking it.  After 20+ years, I know what kinds of things he borrows and my headlamp is usually at the top of that list. And hopefully the batteries are not dead when I do find it.

NHLA

6 miles at DuPont Forest. Met up with friend to run with. She is a strong runner.Colors peak at higher elevations and nice here.

qotd  I never lose anything. I just can't find where DW hid it. Most of the time things show up in the strangest places.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice 12-ish mile run in this morning; ran with a couple of faster guys so was forced to pick it up a notch- probably should do that more often

hoping to get out elk hunting tomorrow- weather is not conducive to hunting- sunny and warm (warm for late October anyways)

qotd: occasionally lose stuff, but much more often misplace stuff- it's a pita to track down (I wish I could blame it on DW, but it's me)- still a few things I haven't relocated 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

11 miles this morning.  Only problem is at 10 miles the switch flipped and my legs were totally shot.  My quads just above my knees and my ITBs were screaming.  Grunted it out as best as I could, but it certainly wasn't pretty.  Not quite recovered yet I guess.

It was about 60 deg but 100% humidity.  There is no fall down here, most stuff is still green or else it tuns brown-and-down.

qotd: we have a running joke. . . where we close our eyes and whine "I can't find it".  Things usually show up when you are no longer looking for them, or right after you go out and buy a replacement.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

I posted earlier, but it's not here.  Guess that's an answer to the QOTD since I lost my post.

Long run early this morning. 38 degrees at the start and by hour three it was 68 degrees. Underdressed to begin and overdressed at the end. Think it was around 16 miles but not 100% since I changed up the route a bit to see some colors.

Saw some signs up along the way for an adventure race tomorrow.  We were running a section that they will be biking.  Sometimes I miss those days. I loved races that actually had you read a map. This one looked well marked. Where's the adventure in that?

QOTD:  Gloves seem to get lost in the black hole that is our laundry room.  Couldn't find a matched pair this morning, so had black on right hand and grey on the left.  I'm sure next week sometime I'll be wearing the reverse pair.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

15 miles today, some road and some trail.  A "soft" morning, i.e. gray with heavy mist bordering on drizzle.  A tad warmer than I like, in the low 60s, but not bad at all.

Looked further at the Beaverhead 55k than I mentioned yesterday.  Realized there's no way I could do a marathon the next day in Missoula after a trail race like that.  Really technical, high elevation -- it'll take me a while and I know I'll be too pooped for 26.2 the next day.  Decisions, decisions.

QOTD: I have repeatedly lost my Road ID.  Doesn't bode well for me, does it, since the Road ID is supposed to stay with you no matter what in case of accident or injury, yet I can't manage to hang on to mine.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I'm with Sandy today.. Kinda had a sucky 17 miles  started off okey but then my heel really really hurt!  I am blaming the course...too much up and wait (we had a woman that planned 10 but decided to do 14 the course folks had mapped out but it ended up bring 17!).  I think the waits made my normal sore tendenious heal tighten up.  Plan was 20 but the last 3 were to be from the car out and vack and I said fuck that shit!  i'm done .   Especially since i had been standing around for 10 mins.

Qotd:  misplace and i blame home and he blames me..the worse is I know i will remember where it was eventually whereas the dh will think we need to do a search and say non stop....did u look? Did u look?  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a pleasant 8+ on my favorite winter trails today.  It was chilly to start.  Tomorrow DD has 3 soccer games as part of a tournament.  This will end her fall season.  Then 2 days later basketball season starts for both boys.

AT - a rise of 30 degrees?!?

Gatsby -  forget the 55k - do the 100k.  Looks beautiful whatever your decision.

QOTD: I don't lose stuff, I misplace things. 

Have a great night/day/weekend.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Looked further at the Beaverhead 55k than I mentioned yesterday.  Realized there's no way I could do a marathon the next day in Missoula after a trail race like that.  Really technical, high elevation -- it'll take me a while and I know I'll be too pooped for 26.2 the next day.  Decisions, decisions.

Do the Beaverhead- it's a dandy 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I got out for a couple of hours this morning. It was pleasant.

QOTD: I misplace things all the time. But they always turn up, except for one set of keys from 1990. I have no idea what happened to them.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

4 mile hike yesterday out at Blue Mounds on both the ski trails and some of the technical mountain bike stuff. Beautiful day to be out there. Even if I can't run I'll be happy if I can at least do some hiking about with the brace on. Just weights and elliptical this morning planned.

Do the Beaverhead- it's a dandy 

+1 to that. What they refer to as the "scree" section has to be one of the more epic trail race sections I've ever "run". Doing that race, sandwiching a backpack into the Sawtooths and then doing Devils Backbone the following wknd was pretty much a nice vacation. 

QOTD-I have lost my ability to be tolerant of fools. Must be the old curmudgeon thing.

muppy

7.4 miles yesterday, that includes 8 x 1/2 miles repeats.

QOTD I'm usually pretty good not losing stuff, however I can't find the charger for my drill gun since we moved in July.

NHLA

NHLA

2 hrs 38 min on Black Mt. Trail. Great day1