Trailer Trash

Sun Soaked Saturdaily (Read 40 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Everyone is probably out running.  How appropriate.  I got out earlier than normal and got in 2.5 hours of slow slow slow something or other.  Just wasn't a good running day.  But I did find some new (to me) trails at a nearby park.  I will be visiting there often.

QOTD: pass

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NorthernHarrier

Not out running yet, still enjoying my coffee. A light workout in the man cave and then out to Gov. Dodge state park for 16. Looks to be a good day for some trail miles here.

boyjame- slow is fine, nice to explore new trails.

Sandy-2

Had a nice run thru London this morning, plotted it out on mapmyrun   here .   I was looking to do 15 but ended up a bit longer, a little under 17.  Legs felt a little sluggish at about 12 miles, but really not that bad.  The weather was nice and cool with sun, but it has since totally clouded up so I guess I caught the best part of the day.  I started at 6am so I guess it pays to get up early.

I then had a pretty big breakfast at the hotel, went back to my room and slept for a few hours.  Now I'm doing a little work, employee evaluations...  and then I'll go walking around in "London's Brilliant Parade"  < - - -bonus points if anyone knows the reference w/o going to google.

Have a good one.

qotd: I fully agree with boyjame.

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

12 miles with the running club group, it was really fun, and we included even a few trail miles. No sun here, though, just clouds and wind.

Jamie: Nice run. Don't forget to taper this week!

Harrier: Have some nice miles later!

Sandy: Nice run, good miles. Nice thing about the early morning runs is that you can really get your money's worth at  the breakfast buffet!

Enjoy the day, trailers, and good luck to the racers this weekend! Looking forward to reading some good RR's.

Run for fun.

The pooch and I drove out to the trail head and started running in the fog. We ran to a point above the fog in time to see a nice sunrise. We got a nice 12 miles of trail in. Marley got to play a few minutes in the creek with two other dogs and we saw the eagles on their nest for the first time this year. Not sure if they have eggs yet.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Birdwell

morning folks! Got in 18.5 this morning.  I'm quite proud of myself, because I was able to keep the entire run within my appropriate training pace, according to McMillan! I tend to go much slower than I need to usually.

I also had the very unpleasant experience of meeting a dead skunk along the way this morning. That quickened my pace a bit.

QOTD: same as Sandy.

Not out running here. I went out with my family last night, who are visiting from NY, and didn't get home until 2 AM. Took the opportunity to rest today, will probably get in some good miles tomorrow.

Have a great weekend all!

Occasional Runner

I logged about 20 miles on the 15.5 mile race course. I can never come to terms with reality when I get lost and I stay committed to my error far too long. I still managed to get an award for 3rd Male overall. Small races are pretty forgiving.

Sandy-2

... I still managed to get an award for 3rd Male overall...

Lace_up, I guess you couldn't convince them to give you 1st in the 32k instead of 3rd in the 25k ???

Great job all things considered !!!

tbd.

Occasional Runner

Lace_up, I guess you couldn't convince them to give you 1st in the 32k instead of 3rd in the 25k ???

Great job all things considered !!!

If I had been thinking straight, I would have made that argument, but I needed a really cold beer at the time. When he handed me the award, I looked at the RD and said, "You gotta be fucking kidding?!" I totally mailed it in after I got lost.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

13 miles in the hills, fought some mud, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be  We're supposed to get 5-10" of the white stuff tonight, highs in the 30's through Wed- I'm going to have to say this year qualifies as a long winter Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

Well....no sun soaking today here!  In fact....it is snowing.  Nothing subsantial...just a few flakes...but it is annoying.

I have not run yet.  I've made homemade egg noodles to put in my homemade chicken soup, and making crockpot bread to eat with the soup.  And...I babysat my 6 month old grandson most of the day.  The Pointer is looking fat and lazy right now....so we both need to hit the trail here soon.  We plan on running 4-6.

Boyj:  I can relate to runs like you had today.

NH: Hope the state park was nice.

Sandy:  Sounds like fun to be in London.  I lived there for 3 months( decades ago)...I would enjoy it more now than I did then, I think.

FTYC: Someday...when I am back in good running shape I hope to run with a group that meets at the state park..It sounds like fun.

TT:  Your run sounds awesome. Reminds me of hiking up out of the fog when I was working in the mountains around Frisco, CO.

Birdwell:  Better meeting a dead one than a live one....I am always fearful my dog will encounter one

TC:  enjoy the family time

Lace: congrats...lost or not it sounds like fun

Well, off to the kitchen....there are a pile of dirty dishes to be done before we can hit the trail.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

muppy

3.5 this morning with a few strides at the end,getting ready for my 10K tomorrow. Had a hard time going as slow as I wanted to, I guess that's a good problem?

Lace up, nice job on 3rd even with the extra miles!

runtraildc

6 slow, slow miles in my winter gear this morning.  i've never run so slow (and it was FLAT!).  Must have been the double desserts yesterday at this conference.

back home and looking to redeem myself tomorrow.

NorthernHarrier

NH: Hope the state park was nice.

Thank you, it was. Not nearly as muddy as I thought it would be, just a few areas but no big deal. Of course we trailer trash peeps aren't gonna let a little quagmire bother us are we?!  16 miles today and it was my longest run since Easter of last year when I ran 28 and then went on the disabled list. It did feel long today on the last couple miles. I am still a work in progress. Cool BTW--It was a pretty nice day especially when compared to what we've been having yet hardly anyone was out there but the movie theater in town here was packed. Silly people.

Now where is my beer?? Confused