Trailer Trash

Get lost Thursdaily (Read 23 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

headed out for what was supposed to be a little under a 5 mile run on a new stretch of an upcoming 30k race, thought I knew how to link up the trails, but when I saw a sign that said Helena City limits I knew I blew it.  not too bad only added a little over two miles and I learned a new trail 

going to try and get 5-ish in this evening, take two on that loop- should get it right this time

speaking of getting lost, has anyone heard from Marie (couch)?  hope everything is OK

qotd: St Patty's Day- doing anything special?  we're having corned beef and cabbage for supper, might try and sneak a piece of green on my uniform

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got nice hard hill/leg workout at the gym late last night.  Now I am fired.  Our dog was up multiple times during the night and had me up with her.  Now I am dragging.  Gonna be a long day.

Warden - I have been in contact with Marie.  I won't go into details but she may not be running much or at all.  Not sure she will post again.  I imagine she might at some point to say hi as she has been posting for years and made some good friends on here.  But send your prayers, good vibes, thoughts, etc. as they are needed.

QOTD: No not really.  Just another day-- to us anyway. Although tomorrow we have a work party/lunch thingy.

Have a great GREEN day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

very sorry to hear that   I'll send my prayers

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Sort of a clunky 6 miles on the trails of Warwick park last night with the Lady, but no worries as it's a cutback week. We took my route that features a nice deep crossing of French Creek. Well thigh high deep at least. It was refreshingly cold. The Lady is not a big fan of this crossing and she sticks close to the rock/dam, where the water is shallower. Water flow was high so I made her do the crossing on leash just in case.

Today, not sure. I am sort of thinking a road run at lunch and a dog hike with the missus after work but I might have a conflict at lunchtime.

QOTD: Nope. I do have a green shirt I can wear for my run today though.

Warden - Bonus miles and a new trail. Good work!

Jamie - Please do tell couch to check-in unless it's too personal.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Warden - mentioning Helena brings to mind my biggest fear at Elkhorn, getting lost. I've gotten lost at one of my local state parks on a trail I've run a number of times. I blame it on the yellow blazes fading so I couldn't tell them from the white blazes I was following.

QOTD: nothing special, though I was in Ireland for St Patty's Day three years ago.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Or as my relatives in Ireland call it, Irish American Day (it's a bigger deal in the US than it is in Ireland).

Ran some 800's today for a little speed work. Started with a 1.5 mile uphill to get to a flat section, ten did 6 800's with an easy jog back and then really easy downhill.  Felt pretty good the first few, but had to push the last 2.  I used to do this every few weeks, but it's been over a year since I've done regular intervals.

Warden - That's how I've found most of my favorite trails. Oddly, I like getting lost.

Jamie - Marie's last message was so cryptic. Hope she is well, and I will say a prayer for her. Please let her know we are thinking bout her, and would love for her to stop by and say hi.

QOTD:  Late lunch with Mom at an Irish pub, and then I'll hold down the table while DW and friends get off work and come over for a drink.  Then, sadly, I need to go to a viewing for a 23 yo old who took his life on Saturday, I've known this boy for years and his father is a good friend. Very sad.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

wrc - are you signed up for the Elkhorn?  If so shoot me a message and we can share contact info

Mike

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

When I woke up I thought I could run because I was able to sleep last night (rolling over has been painful).  But then I stood up and decided to wait a little longer.  If I was home on soft trails I would have waddled out in the woods but here it is sll cement.

Qotd:  meeting a friend I haven't seen in 12 years to walk down the beach and drink a green margarita.

Tim:  sorry about the boy..so sad... They have their whole life ahead of them...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Another beautiful day here.  Heading to yoga at lunch, and plan to fit in 4 miles on the trails during swimming.

qotd: No plans.

NHLA

9 miles. Beautiful day.

qotd  Go down to Hanna's Irish Pub.

muppy

7.7 Road miles yesterday while they fixed the airbag on my car.

I don't consider getting lost, I like to explore new trails and see if I can figure out how to get back.  Worst case is I backtrack what I already ran.

QOTD  no plans, but we did have corned beef for lunch.

Gator eye

Did 8 this morning after yesterday's URD. My lower legs always tighten up after a rest day, as far as my calfs are concerned I should never have a complete rest day

QOTD: probably stop and have one of something Irish.

Daydreamer1

Waiting for a storm to blow through then heading out for my 7.4 mile road loop. That's all I have time for today.

A little depressing to hear about Marie. I saw that she was still signed up for MMT so I was hoping she was still running.  I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

QOTD:  Crap. I forgot this was St Paddy's day. I'm signed up to work at my part time job tonight starting at 11 pm. Hopefully we don't get too many drunks.

LB2

Going to try to get something in. We have more bad weather down here today... I was going to run a little route on the way home from work, but I drove off and forgot my stinking shoes. I am not a barefoot runner.

I hope FTYC is okay.

QOTD: Not really any plans for St. Paddy's Day.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

I'm with you AT, getting lost is a good thing. Makes you feel alive, somewhat primal. Haven't had that feeling in years but a lifetime of wild country adventures and I have a few stories, however I never call it lost--just somewhat confused or bewildered.   Sometimes for considerable time.

Been camping on Florida's gulf coast the last several days and it's been pretty good. Miles of undeveloped beach to run and hike. Great weather until today and I actually welcomed the clouds and rain as a relief from the never ending sun. This has been the toughest beach running ever with very soft sand. A real trudge. Only running about 6 per day and it feels like 10.  Head back home on Saturday. I emailed my work from here requesting 10 days off in May for my canoe trip and already got it approved. Might have to keep this job I think.

QOTD--Nothing special. We ate at a seafood restaurant for lunch and I'll be grilling up some Wisconsin brats for supper. There will be beer involved as usual.  Just another day in paradise I guess.

XT--Isn't Lady your Springer? Surprised she's not much of a swimmer as all mine have been part fish. Well, I guess all but this little rescue retard we now have.