Trailer Trash

Windy Wednesday (Read 37 times)

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

4.8 miles for lunch. 28 *F and sunny.

Finally broke the running funk I have been in, and went out for lunch around the normal loop.  Wore my screw shoes for the first time this year since the roads were icy, but unfortunately I had "borrowed" the insoles over the summer, So I had no insoles in either shoe, which messed up the shoe mechanics, and also allowed the screw points to poke my feet occasionally.  Had to walk quite a bit at the start due to calf cramps/shin splints, since *DUH* I am not used to runnning with no insoles.  Evened out at the end, but was passed by a coworker on the way back home.  Footprints in the snow across the field told me he and I were the only brave ones today.
    10.24, 13.25, 10.46, 9.46, (9.44 pace)  <-  CRAP!!  I must be a road runner!!

QOTD:  started runnnin in 2008 or so, for a year, then started up again march  2010.  Started trail running in spring of  2011.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

sugnim

I got up and ran this morning...it was so worth it.  I did 4 miles in 56 minutes...it wa so worth it.  Running in the snow was a littel hard and I think I was on my tip toes the whole run.  I creasted my big hill to see the sun gasting a beautiful golden pink hue on everything. I then started looking at the tracks in the snow..pretty sure I saw Mt Lion, lots of deer, and a bobcat leaving mud prints on top of the crusted snow.  Later I saw some sloppy tracks that well I may be stretching it but bear??  I've seen bear tracks there before.  Earl was digging the snow and running side to side sniffing.   When I was coming back the steep hil I usually go slowly down had a layer of crested snow so I was able to actually run it.  I stopped and looked into the woods and was like WOW does the woods look clearer and crisper than I have ever seen it.  Earl stared into the trees and seemed to agree.

So awesome.

XtremeTaper

Played hookie late afternoon yesterday and took LadyB for a nice easy 5 mile jog over at Green Lane after the snow showers wrapped up. We had great conditions and 3-4 inches of fresh powder on the trails for our run. It was somewhat postcard like out there yesterday. Everything was coated in white, the wind was still, the lake looked cold and grey but glistened in the sunshine.

Today hit the road at lunchtime for 8 miles. Not too bad out there. Cold and crisp but sunny with only a few patches of ice on the neighborhood roads.

QOTD: I've been running for 17 or is it 18 years now? Don't remember exactly. I do remember my first race was in the late winter of 2003 (Caesar Rodney half marathon) but I was a fitness runner for years before racing. First trail race was the Evansburg Challenge in the fall of 2003. I started running trails in 2003 as well, but more frequently in 2004.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

XtremeTaper

Lunch time run on the menu today, probably somewhere around the battlefield (can't hunt there).  Pretty cold and windy in Gettysburg today.

QOTD:  Counting training for triathlons and adventure racing, I've been running off and on for over 27 years (the year I got married, so easy to remember).  Consistently running for 15 + years.  My first trail race was the "Ugly Mudder" (Pretzel City Sports) in 2003, and that's was when I made the switch to mostly trail running.

ATRunner - Did you run the Mudder the year of the infamous ice bowl? 2007. What a hoot that was. People were sliding all over the place like human lugers.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

moonlightrunner

No run today. working on our family gathering tonight to decorate mom and dad's tree. My 1 year old grandson will be able to help...it should be a good time.

my cancelled marathon has been rescheduled for Jan 11. I am probably going to get a refund if it is offered. I will redirect the money toward doing Dances With Dirt Gnaw bone in the same area...but in May. I guess I am a pansy.... not lovin' winter like I used to.

qotd: About 35 years...though there were a few years where it was on and off. I started running trails exclusively for 13 years...mostly to avoid chronic injury from the road.  wow...you would think after all this time I would be better at it! But I sure do love it!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

ATRunner - Did you run the Mudder the year of the infamous ice bowl? 2007. What a hoot that was. People were sliding all over the place like human lugers.

Yes I did.  That was probably my highest finish in that race since I had screws in my shoes.  I brought my cordless drill and a box of screws to the race and "made" 5 pairs of screw-shoes for myself, DW and 3 friends.  When we were walking down the road to the start (started in the park in  those days) several people laughed at us for making so much noise.  We got the last laugh and I did see several human lugers.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Yes I did.  That was probably my highest finish in that race since I had screws in my shoes.  I brought my cordless drill and a box of screws to the race and "made" 5 pairs of screw-shoes for myself, DW and 3 friends.  When we were walking down the road to the start (started in the park in  those days) several people laughed at us for making so much noise.  We got the last laugh and I did see several human lugers.

Are you guys doing it next year? It's Feb 23....on my list for 2014.

AT-runner

Tim

More than likely.  DW and I always sign up late and we are doing Ugly Mudder or Chilly Cheeks (a good one as well).  We really just go for the music and Spaten beer.  

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

drat!..Febapple Frozen 50 is on the 22nd and I'll be joining my brother there, though he'll be running the 50 miler and I'll be in the 50k.

I had a good time at Ugly M last year.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

More than likely.  DW and I always sign up late and we are doing Ugly Mudder or Chilly Cheeks (a good one as well).  We really just go for the music and Spaten beer.  

I wanted to do Chilly Cheeks but all my bridesmaids are coming to town to go bridesmaid dress shopping that weekend.  

Sandy-2

Crazy busy over here in London this week. My Chairmanship of my international panel is ending at the end of December. Lots to do.

i haven't run since Sat/Sun, but I set the alarm to go out for a few miles tomorrow, that is if I don't hit the snooze button.

i hope to get a RR together for the CC100 soon.

Qotd: did my first marathon in 1997. Been running ever since, more trail races than road races for the past 7 or 8 years I guess.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

6 miles in this evening, finally warming, but the wind has picked up significantly- thus taking away much of the warmth-damn!!!!!!!!!!  can't seem to win of late w/ the weather

qotd: ~ 2.5 years, started running because we started a quarterly fitness test that included a 3 mile run- at first I loathed it, but it wasn't long before I started liking it and eventually loving it.  I think part of the "love affair" is the fact that all of my running was done on trails, not sure if I would have taken such a leap if I had been running on roads or a track

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

You guys may be forcing my hand. Chilly Cheeks and Ugly Mudder both conflict with indoor track meets where I could run in a nice, warm, facility around and around in circles, or more correctly, ovals.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

where I could run in a nice, warm, facility around and around in circles, or more correctly, ovals.

Why would you want to do that when you could run in the cold outside and get dirty?

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Why would you want to do that when you could run in the cold outside and get dirty?

I. Hate. The. Cold.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.