Trailer Trash

Post-cyber Tuesday (Read 25 times)

runtraildc

Morning trailers!  Another day of rain, 2nd of 3 forecast.  It was a heavy, cold mist when I took DS to the pool this am and I really didn't want to run in it, so I didn't.  I'll make it up-- about 5 miles--later today.  Yesterday ended up just being a mile run on the treadmill, with some weirdness in both my feet.  Need new road shoes?

qotd:  Any cyber-Monday shopping?  I refrained, except for a Nest thermostat, which will come today.  After our utlity rebate, it will only cost us $50 so I couldn't turn down that deal.  I was tempted by a new pair of Brooks Ghosts, only $55, which are still in a Sierra Trading shopping cart, so I may hit 'buy' on that one later today.  But maybe not.

Occasional Runner

I went for a short trail run with the mountain dog this morning. It's 11 degrees here, but clear and beautiful. I did some circuit training after the run.

QOTD: Nothing. I was tempted, but I was busy all day and I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of great deals between now and Christmas.

I hope you all have a great day.

AT-runner

Tim

Woke up in the middle of the night with a raw sore throat, so decided against running in the rain and opted for the dreadmill.  Did a set of six 800's and some easy running for warm up and cool down.

dc - what pool does your DS swim at?

QOTD:  Yes, hit up REI and Musician's Friend. Most of the things are being shipped out to Portland since DW, DD#2 and I are heading there on the 18th to meet up with DD#1 and DS.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No running for me all weekend.  Your welcome Queen! Due to a lack of motivation, being super busy, and some pain in my right foot arch (maybe just a bruise) -- I took it easy.  I ran last night at the gym and had a nice leg workout.

Sorry for your loss Kelly.  I know that's a tough one to take.

QOTD: Not really.  Did buy a vacuum cleaner online Sunday more out of necessity but because of the time of the year, got a really good deal!

QOTD2: November mileage - I pulled 133ish.  I really, really, really slacked the second half of November.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

I hope to get a few miles tonight, but I haven't run in six days. I have been fighting this congestion since Friday. I think I just about have it whipped. I feel pretty good today.

QOTD: No cyber shopping for me.

QOTD: I think it was 155, but 104 of that was in one run. I feel pretty recovered now. I hope I can swing 40 on Saturday night. I should be okay, but I am a pacer; therefore, I am expendable.

LB2

Occasional Runner

QOTD 2: I hit 295 miles, which is just short of my monthly minimum of 300. That's just an arbitrary number though.

QOTD: I think it was 155, but 104 of that was in one run. I feel pretty recovered now. I hope I can swing 40 on Saturday night. I should be okay, but I am a pacer; therefore, I am expendable.

Totally expendable. You're probably going to get fired anyway.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning folks,

I spent the past two days scouting, designing and clearing trails on the property our

co-op owns. We have 99 acres which is surrounded on three sides by Harriman SP.

I've been at it for a year now, but the past two days have been an intensive effort. I now

have over two miles of trails with various terrain on the property with a trail leading

into the 46,000 acres of Harriman. Pretty sweet deal considering I've been bitching

about crappy trail options at our last two moves since leaving CA. Now the real test

will be to see how well they drain with rain and snow.

Lace: sorry about your loss, that shit hurts and leaves a gaping emptiness.

QOTD: I've gotten about 15 emails from BackCountry.com, even after unsubscribing, enticing

me to spend. I didn't bite.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm planning on running after work today.  Maybe 6 miles or so.  Last night I walked the dog in a cold rain.

Jon - whoa, that's awesome!   When can we all come visit??  Couple dozen trail runners will help you pack those trails down!

QOTD: I snagged a long sleeve wool shirt for 20% off at New Balance.

QOTD2: 76 miles, which is my highest in a while.  I would be happy if I hit 90 miles this month and then broke 100 in January to start the new year.

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

Mostly at the MLK pool on New Hampshire Ave.  It's a large, nice county facility, with lots of trail options for me, most notably along Northwest Branch.  In the dark, though, it's quiet side street running.

dc - what pool does your DS swim at?

And Lace-- I'm sorry about your pup.  I know he'll be missed-- from the sounds of it, he put in a lot of miles with you.

qotd2:  104

Sandy-2

Up for another one of my midnight conference calls to Europe and the US...  so much fun.

I did a nice 5 miler on the single track earlier this evening.  It's to the point where I need the lights even when starting out on my after-work runs.

qotd 1: Nope.  But we will do some ordering for delivery to the TX address, we're flying the kids over to visit us here for the holidays and so they can do a bunch of sightseeing around here.  The kids will make good 'mules' for the stuff we 'have' to have from home.  :-)    Most important thing for me is my Starbucks decaf coffee, over here it's about $17 for a half pound.

qotd 2:  52 miles total.  Some nice downtime, two weeks had totals in the single digits  :-)      <--------- updated.

tbd.

Daydreamer1

Came back from hunting yesterday totally exhausted. Decided to just go on the elliptical and found that all my custom settings were wipe out and the elevation didn't work. Figured that it was probably a bad motor but after a hour of playing around and digging deep into the bowels of the computer settings it started to work again.  Never did get my workout in.  This morning I didn't crawl out of bed until 9:30 and we're socked in by rain and fog. Probably end up doing something on the elliptical to see if it's going to work.

QOTD: No

QOTD 2:  I thought about tallying it up but the thought of that leaves me depressed . It wasn't a good month.

LB2

Totally expendable. You're probably going to get fired anyway.

Most likely.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Mostly at the MLK pool on New Hampshire Ave.  It's a large, nice county facility, with lots of trail options for me, most notably along Northwest Branch.  In the dark, though, it's quiet side street running.

I grew up right there in White Oak (Tiffany Rd) and went to Jackson Rd. Elementary. MLK wasn't there when I was growing up, just farms (I swam at the Silver Spring Y and then with Curl Swim Club at Georgetown Prep). I know the trails there very well. I used to cut across them to get to friends houses and go along Paint Branch.

QOTD #2 - 175 or so.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

After running every day during the month of November I believe I will start December with an off day. Well, we'll see. I will at least hit the no judgement zone at the gym tonight. I am pretty happy with my shift in gyms. $130 for a year is a huge savings.

QOTD: Nope. No shopping yesterday.

QOTD2: 255 miles. Pretty steady weeks, 62, 58, 60, 61 plus some miles on the straddle days. One race, one sort of long run. Mostly just a base building, run for fun month.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

muppy

10.5 cold rainy miles this morning.

QOTD I picked up a printer at Walmart for half price. For the first time in my life I bought the extended warranty for a whopping $3.00 extra.

QOTD 2 158 miles for the month, I'm happy with that!