Trailer Trash

Sunny Sundaily (Read 31 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning!

4 miles in the fridgid early morning on the bike path. Then drove to the state park for 15 with my run buddy.

It was sooooo cold. But it sure was nice to run into daylight for the 15 on the trail with my run buddy. Without the other, neither of us would have run the 8 mile loop after completing the 7. It is the great thing about run buddies.

Qotd: how phone dependent are you? I am very dependent on mine..i hate being without it running or not. It is problematic for me running this time of year due to the cold. I have searched and the only solution is to put it in my bra. This morning I also stowed my hand held and headlamp because the moon was full and bright. If I put them in pockets the cold saps the batteries.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Watoni

Visiting my mom, so headed out to brave sun and 70s on the beach before going to the museum .... ankle is a little sore but hopefully is getting better slowly

Go Queen!!!

some call me Tim

Sore ankle? Yeah, me too. Another in a string of days off here. I felt a little soreness in the left achilles in the last 3 miles of my run on Thursday and haven't run since. Even so, it's still tender and occasionally creaky and I know well enough not to exacerbate the situation... just bide my time and work on loosening up the surrounding bits.

qotd: Yes to both. Never thought I'd be that person, but hell- life is full of surprises. Not that I use it much on the run, but on the rare occasions I've needed to call for help it's come in very handy. In the spibelt it seems to stay warm enough if it's under one layer and I keep it in front.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

10 on paved trails in the park. Cool and windy so I was starting to get chilled by the end.

QOTD: Not at all phone dependent. My cell is not a smart phone so about all I can do with it is make and receive calls. One of the primary reasons I bought a Nook was to have email and Internet access when I travel. Reading books on it was secondary.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

8.6 road miles for me today.  I haven't been on the trail in too long -- we either need some snow, or for it to warm up and melt the icy mess that's out there.  Harrier, have you been out?  How are conditions?

QOTD: I am a typical young person who is attached to their phone

Running is dumb.

Gator eye

I went out and run under the full moon early this am for 30. Still thinking about doing a 50 the first weekend of Jan so I figured I should put the miles in just in case I decide to do it.

QOTD. Not real depend on it but I do carry the phone. It's been cold enough here that a person could get in real trouble with a little bad luck luck.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice 16 miles in, about half w/ microspikes on-still a lot of ice on the trail

qotd: not at all, just a regular phone- I hope to change that soon and get a new iphone- I want it for the mapping software it can load up, would also eliminate the need to carry a camera- gps, map and camera in one Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Latecomer today-  managed 3 miles on the trail between events at the pool.   Saw a couple min bikers, but had the trails mostly to myself.  Lovely day for getting out- and sunny no less!

Qotd:  mostly yes- it's a convenience I've come to appreciate.

Sandy-2

I did 6 miles along the coast on Sunday morning (went the opposite direction than the day before). It looked much the same as the other way, Jeju is a volcanic island so most of it is black rocky coastline.  Although the weather was a little colder, it was sunny and not so windy so felt nicer.

The island has a marked hiking trail that goes all the way around the perimeter (about 200k), so it is easy to run along the coast following the markers.  Some parts are sidewalk, some parts are dirt trail, some parts are volcanic rocky crud.  But is is nice to run along (they do a 3-day running 'ultra' of sorts along parts of it each year).  I did my part by picking up two things at one of their huts which was right next to the hotel where I was staying (proceeds go to trail upkeep.) My DD should like the 'buff' with the Ollie Trail logo, 'cause it has sort of a horse outline symbolizing their local island ponies.

qotd: I have a company-supplied phone that I mostly use for monitoring e-mail, and of course if someone needs to get a hold of me, but fortunately that is rare.  Since we have unlimited data and coverage, the company lets us use it for everything.  (I guess a small price to pay for 24 hr coverage....)  Anyway, I'm not 'totally' dependent on it and hardly ever carry it with me when running.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

NorthernHarrier

8.6 road miles for me today.  I haven't been on the trail in too long -- we either need some snow, or for it to warm up and melt the icy mess that's out there.  Harrier, have you been out?  How are conditions?

Wasn't sure what I was gonna do today or I would have reached out to you, almost went over to the Ice Age at the Kettles after looking at the snow cover maps but instead I stayed local and did the 12 mile out and back on your trail at Brooklyn--conditions were awesome. A great run. Only a few little patches of snow or ice. Yesterday's run up at the Lodi hills of the Ice Age was a lot of ice and packed snow, wore screw shoes and managed to stay upright.  And depending upon which weather site you watch we could have a significant warmup in the coming week so for the short term anyway we should have decent trail conditions. Only prob will be getting out early enough in the day so the surface is still froze and not a thawing greasy mess.

QOTD--I tote my phone along but I never use it or need to. More of a habit I guess from when I had my business and needed to be available.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Wasn't sure what I was gonna do today or I would have reached out to you, almost went over to the Ice Age at the Kettles after looking at the snow cover maps but instead I stayed local and did the 12 mile out and back on your trail at Brooklyn--conditions were awesome. A great run. Only a few little patches of snow or ice. Yesterday's run up at the Lodi hills of the Ice Age was a lot of ice and packed snow, wore screw shoes and managed to stay upright.  And depending upon which weather site you watch we could have a significant warmup in the coming week so for the short term anyway we should have decent trail conditions. Only prob will be getting out early enough in the day so the surface is still froze and not a thawing greasy mess.

Nice -- good to know!  I was on the IAT in town earlier this week and it was a freaking icy disaster.  I still haven't made any screw shoes (don't own a drill), so my options are mircospikes or just regular shoes.  BM is so wooded that I fear it would be bad.  Donald might be a good place to run this upcoming weekend.

Running is dumb.