Trailer Trash

Weekender (Read 25 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Long weekend for me (Monday off)- we're packing up for a backcountry ski into a USFS cabin- DW and Tiny E going, no skis for Tiny E though 

qotd: do you get Monday (Martin Luther King day) off?  plans for the weekend?

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Sounds like fun mt, enjoy.

Did 2 mi this morning and then got to the marathon expo when it opened, before the masses got there.  As I was leaving most of the pre-day 5k runners were filing in after they finished so that was good timing.  I actually tried on some Hoka Speadgoat 2s at the Expo, but I think the toebox is going to be too narrow for me.

qotd: Yes I have Monday off, but will probably still peak at the e-mail.  Tomorrow I'm getting up early to run with about 27,000 (total between the full and half) of my closest friends...

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

runtraildc

Ran 3 with the group this morning. We had some new folks, so I ran with them to keep them company (and so they'll hopefully had a good run and will return).  High winds out there made it quite chilly and a big change from short sleeves yesterday.

qotd: Nothing exciting for this weekend as a whole. DS1 is working on his college applications, swim meet, etc. Once the winds die down, hopefully we'll get out for a hike Monday.

XtremeTaper

Seven miles for me and the Lady on the trails out at the lake. Apparently the ice on the lake is no longer safe. They had signs posted to stay off the ice. After a run in short sleeves last night it was back to layers as temps were in the upper 20's with cold gusty wind. Parts of the route were sheltered from the wind so actually quite pleasant. Squishy and muddy in places from the snow melt and rain yesterday. Best run I've had in quite some time, not in terms of speed, but in overall feel.

QOTD: Nope, never had MLK day off. No big plans. Boring.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

GC100k

18 miles today, about half that on the AT. As others in this region have pointed out, 40 degrees colder than yesterday and got colder and windier as the day went along. But sunny and nice out there.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

8.2 today just trying to get more time on my feet on back to back days.

qotd: Yes, I have Monday off, and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

Ran on some lightly snowy trails this morning with DW. Saw a park Ranger out on the trails. He was looking at trail conditions from the wind and checking for blow downs and safety issues. I thought those guys only worked behind a desk.   Had a nice talk with him and then on our way. Long run tomorrow.

Neither DW or I got into Mt Hood 50. Queen got in and was picked very early. They will post the wait list later today, but not being too optimistic for both of us to get off the wait list. Such is my lottery luck. 

Sandy - good luck in your race.

Hope Moon is doing well.

QOTD: No, I have to work Monday, and I’m sure it will be busy.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

Very chilly here. Ran 12.5 at Blue Mounds with a starting temp of 5F and it had made it up to 11F by the time I finished. Trail conditions were amazing for mid January in Wisconsin so I'll be happy with that. Thought a lot about Moonlight though and hope it's going well for her in these frigid temps.  Really wish I had a hot tub handy when I finished as I had a serious chill.

Think I'll finish the book I got a hold of last week while a fire warms me.  You may have heard of it--Fire and Fury.   

QOTD- I'll be at my work gig.  DW has always gotten the day off so we would always have a 3 day weekend back in my business days but I'm ok with the work thing. It's Jan in Wi  and cold as Greenland.  I'll be shifting my schedule to a 3 day week in a few more weeks and then start putting in for the weeks I want off.

Daydreamer1

No run partly due to working. Well I guess I could say it's all due to working because even if my foot was feeling good I couldn't have run anyway.  But speaking of the foot, I seem to have done something to it.  In the past I've had some heel pain and pain along the bottom but this time it's worse then before.  Hoping it's not PF but just a bruise. Doubtful that I'll run tomorrow because of it.

QOTD: Part of it, but only because it's my normal day off.  I'm not lucky to be like my DS. I think that he has something like 13 paid holidays.  Must be nice to be a government employee.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Chores.. long run tomorrow..16 miles... it's gonna be warm and I will be wearing shorts.

Qotd: We met friends for drinks, movie, and then bowling last night.  Saw "The shape of water". What a stupid movie, my friend loved it.  But than she loves Disneyland.  I have Monday off and DH is heading south. A run, the gym, and maybe a beer at the pub.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

moonlightrunner

Don't you hate it when you put in a long post and accidently lose it? Here I go again.

I survived but DNF'd and did so on course rather than a check point so I was not ranked. Good news is, I was rescued when I realized I was rapidly declining physically and mentally due to a combination of dehydration and hypothermia. I learned so much I will work on for the next 365 days!

I will post a race report later. I just want to say it is an amazing event run by awesome people. I did not realize really how dangerous it is to be alone, under prepared and I'll equiptment under those conditions. I am not a religious person, but a sequence of unlikely events (or a higher power) provided me with a place to stay with people wise and experienced with the race, the terrain and the kind offer to be a phone call away if things went bad. They opened their hearts and home to a stranger from facebook. I think had I called the race director they would certainly have sent someone, but I knew going in my new friend would be there. I was dehydrated, hypothermic, alone and lost. I don't think I had the mental or physical fortitude to help myself when I became lost. Extreme cold and darkness are huge game changers. On top of that, the terrain was more brutal than anything I trained on. I think it warrants some training runs on the course....but...not today!

Thanks to all of you for being a source of inspiration and support. This is day one of 365 that I begin preparations for next year!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Gator eye

Moon, I was thinking about you yeaterday as the temps plunged below zero but it sounds like you gained a story that you can tell for years to come. Glad your ok.

6 miles today, had to work yesterday

Daydreamer1

Moon - Sorry to hear that things didn't go so well and I'm glad you are OK. Looking forward to the report.  I'm sure you'll learn a lot as you look back over the experience.

A nice balmy 21 degrees here with a gentle breeze. Great for running but not on a bum heel  Crying and blowing nose animated emoticon.

AT-runner

Tim

Moon - sorry for the DNF, but glad you have all your first gers and toes.

Very cold long run this morning. It was 6 degrees and very windy.  Cycled between feeling too cold then feeling perfectly dressed depending on how we were running with the wind direction.

As proof of how bad I am at lotteries, I'm 147 on the wait list. They took 150, so I only need just about everyone to drop. DW is 129 on the wait list. Queen was one of the first names drawn.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

16 miles this morning with the group.  Beautiful day.

AT:  my friend is 13 on the list so she will get in.. other friend is 177...so umm nit likely.

Moonlight: Gkad you are here to tell the full story. 👍

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄