Trailer Trash

Friday, Friday (Read 20 times)

runtraildc

Morning (or afternoon) trailers. Got in 4.5 miles last night on the biker trail. It has been nice here for a couple of days, lower temps and humidity last night. But still 80 nonetheless. I might need to check on AT's temp-humidity chart. I was puffing the entire way, pushing hard but come to find out, I was really going slow. Didn't feel that way. out of shape, I guess, from my hiatus.

qotd: using Couch's from the other day-- it was really good but it was a double post day so we didn't use it.  If you had a year to travel, without limits, where would you go? First, I'd travel the top of the globe-- scandinavia, shetland islands, faroe islands, baffin, greenland, iceland, nova scotia, Then I would hit the southern hemisphere-- south africa, madagascar, Patagonia, the galapagos and antacrctica. Yes, I like cooler climates, for the most part. and islands.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

4 on the beach this morning barefoot.  I think I'm adapting as my pace is improving while my HR is staying in the easy range.  Going home tomorrow.  Oh well.

AT - What the hell is a radio alarm clock?  Does it use one of those weird looking squarish-looking batteries too?  Cool you found a new trail yesterday.  Didn't you discover another new trail a few months back?

warden - Enjoy the cabin, amenities and all (only look at the cc bill at the end).

Sandy - I hope Dr. Google is right and you can manage the niggles in the quad.

runtrail - From my experience the humidity is the x-factor, in that it can be very deceiving.  It can be trapped in and around a lot of foliage, so it's worse than what the weather predicts.  It can really make the air feel heavy and thick to run through.  Just go with the flow.

QOTD:  Of course travel the world and I would like to see all corners, no matter the climate, culture, political situation, etc....

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

AT-runner

Tim

Nothing planned for today.  Long run tomorrow morning and then yard work.  Also have the Irish Festival in town, so might have to stop by and listen to some good music and drink a pint.

Good luck racers and pacers and volunteers. Go get 'em Gatsby. (anyone else)

QOTD:  Good question (Marie and Nancy).  I'd like to finish off our National Park tour.  Love to get to Denali, and Glacier and finish off the Northern Utah parks. Then with time left, I'd go visit some classmates in Australia and on the way home stop off in New Zealand and then Ireland to see relatives.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

PSA: The Hardrock 100 just started. Go over to irunfar.com for live updates.

SRD for me.  I haven't run since last Saturday.  My quad feels much better but I'm afraid that if I run on it I'll be back to ground zero. I'm doing massage with a lacrosse ball and some other light strengthening.  We'll see, maybe I'll run a little bit tomorrow.  It's a good time to take a break though since we're baking down here, triple digits on tap again today.

runtrail - From my experience the humidity is the x-factor, in that it can be very deceiving.  It can be trapped in and around a lot of foliage, so it's worse than what the weather predicts.  It can really make the air feel heavy and thick to run through.  Just go with the flow. 

Bert-o: pretty much describes Houston. Welcome to my world.

qotd: I seem to have mountains on my mind.  US and Canadian Rockies, Alaska, and then the Dolomites and Alps.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

AT - What the hell is a radio alarm clock?  Does it use one of those weird looking squarish-looking batteries too?  Cool you found a new trail yesterday.  Didn't you discover another new trail a few months back?

AT-runner

Tim

PSA: The Hardrock 100 just started. Go over to irunfar.com for live updates.

Hardrock Tracker

Good luck with the leg, Sandy.

XtremeTaper

I ran about 6 last night on the local trail. Sort of a normal run, not too fast, not too slow. Saw a nice big old friendly liver and white springer spaniel. Nice owners, and I stopped for a minute or two to give him some pets. Not sure of a run today. Perhaps a lunchtime road run, or head up to the local trail for a few miles. Taking the missus out for a nice dinner at Longwood Gardens tonight, then evening walk around property nd night fountains. Anniversary #28 is tomorrow.

QOTD: South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand, places with islands clear water and reefs. Perhaps throw in a golfing tour on the Monterey Peninsula and the UK. Some hiking in Europe but my wife might not be up to that.

Harrier - Re my "sub15 5k", that was fantasy land based on my real 5k PR, temps I ran the race in, and AT's faulty pace adjustment chart for the heat. According to his heat chart I should have been that fast on a good weather day.

AT - Sweet radio.. built like a tank... still have some 8 tracks?

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

AT - Sweet radio.. built like a tank... still have some 8 tracks?

Just the Soundtrack from Saturday Night Fever and Abba's Greatest Hits. 

Sandy-2

tbd.

GC100k

Bert-o: pretty much describes Houston. Welcome to my world.

My brother is moving from Temple to Houston tomorrow. Forecast is for 108 deg and humid.

Sandy-2

My brother is moving from Temple to Houston tomorrow. Forecast is for 108 deg and humid.

Condolences. This is what my phone is saying today. 

tbd.

LB2

It finally came back to me, the love of running. I didn't want to stop despite the horrific heat from this morning. Only did a little over 4 this morning, but it felt so good. I'll try to keep it on an even keel and gradually move back up to some decent mileage when the summer starts cooling down, which will be awhile.

Sandy: I hope that hamstring/quad/back gets better quickly. I'll look back to see what happened. I have been out of the loop on here for a few days, busy, busy, busy time of year for me.

QOTD: See below...

qotd: I seem to have mountains on my mind.  US and Canadian Rockies, Alaska, and then the Dolomites and Alps.

LB2

GC100k

Maybe they're moving to Houston for the cooler weather:

Condolences. This is what my phone is saying today. 

LB2

That "Heat Dome" is moving our way from Tejas!!! You guys can keep it if you want. Don't do us any favors over here across the Sabine River.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yesterday and unsure I will today.  I may just concentrate on getting in a couple of decent runs over the weekend.  Much needed rain on the way on Saturday.  Our plants and grass will be happy.

QOTD: That's too hard a question.  So many places.  I would love to see some of the world's best natural phenomena.  The cave that those boys just got rescued from is a good example.  I can't name them all.  But I also might try and stick to the areas that are not super busy with tourists - which may be hard to find.

Anyone have any big plans for the weekend? Nothing here.  I think I might actually try and get some work done on my basement I have been putting off for a long time.

Have a great day and weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday