Trailer Trash

Lucky weekender (Read 23 times)

Sandy-2

WS lottery was yesterday and the HR lottery is today.  Not to mention the College football stuff going on.

(Edit: No love for me in the HR lottery.)

Got up early and did 10 with my DD this morning.  Rainy and miserable, but we got it done, the only ones out there today.  We ran along a bike path in the woods along the San Jacinto River that stings together a bunch of parks.  It’s about 15 miles long one way. It was dark when we started but actually once we got going it was fine.  Also we had the distraction of laughing at her dog go nuts running back and forth and splashing in every puddle she could find.

qotd: How are the holiday preparations going?  We’re just starting to get geared up, and looking for a frenetic finish - as always.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Daydreamer1

I had planned on getting up early this morning and going hunting. So I laid down to go to sleep just before midnight and may have slept for a few minutes and woke up wide awake. Couldn't go back to sleep no matter what. Of course by the time I should have been heading out I was feeling miserably tired. Then the wind picked up and was hitting 15-18 MPH. So I crawled in bed and just got out a few minutes ago .  It was my normal night to work so maybe it was just my body not realizing I was actually at home.

Might do some strength training and a short jaunt on the treadmill. Going to stay off the roads because of deer season.  No need to mess up someone's hunt.

QOTD: I think almost all of the loot gifts have been purchased.  We only put up a small artificial tree and that is up and lit as are the wreaths. Not much more to do but maybe get a turkey for Christmas day. We don't get too involved in the holiday spirit most years and this year DW and DD both work on Christmas. That's the joys of having three people in a family working in healthcare.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Colder weather means more miles on the trails, which makes the dogs very happy.

I hit the trails this week, 7 miles on Monday, 8 miles on Wednesday and 8.5 miles this morning.Forecast says my area is looking at a relatively dry winter, and mildly cold temps so I'm looking forward to many miles on the trails.

Also, more opportunities to see the Big Guy

As far as holiday preparations go, eh... haven't even started on gift shopping, but I do most of mine on amazon.... and I always wait last minute.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Sandy - Sorry you missed this year. In the WS lottery I saw only one person I recognized get in and one more on the wait list.

FS - cold weather for me usually means avoiding trails, at first because leaves cover the hazards, then later snow and ice.

Absolute minimum today, 1.2 miles. For some reason had a setback and could barely shuffle at all without pain. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

qotd: Don;t do much for the holidays. Last year only sent out about half the cards I normally do. Hope to do better this year. Never have guests over, so don;t really bother to decorate. The only people I exchange gifts with now are my DD and SIL.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NHLA

9 miles art lobe trail 2300' elevation gain 1hr 51 min.  Toughest trail in WNC.

Bought and put up Christmas tree today.

runtraildc

Gym workout this afternoon, with a short treadmill run. Third time this week so I better get on the trails tomorrow.

qotd: Not much and not sure if we'll do much more. We rarely get a tree as we're usually travelling.  We're also pretty low key about gift giing, even with the kids.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

wcrunner2, maybe the trails I run aren't near as bad or narly as your trails, lol. There's plenty of leaves but I'm pretty good about not breaking an ankle or tripping or anything Smile

Plus, I'll take this over all those damn mosquito bastards out there 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

wcrunner2, maybe the trails I run aren't near as bad or narly as your trails, lol. There's plenty of leaves but I'm pretty good about not breaking an ankle or tripping or anything Smile

Plus, I'll take this over all those damn mosquito bastards out there 

Some of my trails:

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

muppy

8.8 cold windy miles on the rail trail yesterday.Wasn't bad until I turned around and had a 25 mph wind in my face.

QOTD We cut a tree down and put it up last weekend and now the kitten thinks it's her new cat toy. Somehow she can climb alll the way up the center and not knock any decorations off. Have a little shopping to do yet.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

wcrunner2, yeah.... my trails have roots, not rocks and stones. Or, at least the only set of trails that are like 20 minutes from me, which is the closest set of trails to me.

Those images look like the trails I've ran at Hoosier National Forest, aren't Branchville or Perry County. That area has lots of stones and rocks and even rock formations.

And that last pic just looks dangerous during snow or icy weather.

PRs

Daydreamer1

Came home from work feeling not so good. Went directly to bed and still not feeling the best. Going to try for at least 5 miles, may push it to a little over 6. Really would like to hit my goal early in the month and take a few weeks off from running.

Also, more opportunities to see the Big Guy

Hey, I've been looking for this dude the last week or so!!!!  Looks like he moved south to avoid me .

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Came home from work feeling not so good. Went directly to bed and still not feeling the best. Going to try for at least 5 miles, may push it to a little over 6. Really would like to hit my goal early in the month and take a few weeks off from running.

Hey, I've been looking for this dude the last week or so!!!!  Looks like he moved south to avoid me .

Lol, I've been seeing him since 2014. I need to get back out there with just my camera and no plans of running.

My first time seeing him was back in 2014.

Or at least I am pretty sure it's the same buck...I don't know much on id'ing animals, it seems we've got dozens of does but only 3 or 4 bucks in this section of woods. This big boy, a 10 pointer, maybe an 8 pointer, but definitely a 6 pointer.

PRs

LB2

Wow. That is a really nice buck. I don't care much about deer hunting, but I have hunted a little bit this season to get some meat for the freezer.

Sandy: Just pick one of the golden ticket races and win it. No problem.

QOTD: We are completely done with shopping. We are taking a Christmas vacation to Big Cedar Lodge in SW Missouri. It is one our favorite places to visit. We love the Ozarks.

LB2