Trailer Trash

FallisintheairThursdaily (Read 32 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice brisk 6 miler this morning, 39 degrees Smile  ran w/ a buddy who was in town for meetings, the days are definitely getting shorter- the headlamp was on for all but the last 10 minutes

qotd: goals, plans, races for September?  no races, but I really want to get out for a two-three day run/fastpack before the end of the month-very excited about combining my two loves- backpacking and trail running

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Fall in the air?  Not exactly in these parts. We are headed for 90F and we just had some wicked T-storms move thru ahead of this heat front so there was no run for me this morning and the Packers start the season tonight so there will be no run later. Sounds like a rest day I guess. Did just finish some weights, core, and elliptical though.

QOTD-Heading out in another day for the Wind River range for a week of traipsing around in the high country. After that bird hunting starts in Wi. Kind of hard to visualize that when it's 90F.

LB2

I'll get 5 or so after work if the deadly lightning will give us a break. I don't know if I have ever seen it this crazy. In the last month, I have lost one tree, one modem, a television, and had my Direct TV all screwed up. I cut the tree up for fire wood, and if you tell me a tree struck by lightning won't burn, I will tell you that it is BS. Long story on that one, but a lot of people believe that a lightning struck tree won't burn... Tell that to the foresters and residents out West.

QOTD: I have a 50 miler on September 20, not a big deal. It is just a training run for Pinhoti on November 1. It will be my last really long run. After that, I'll probably get a couple of B2B 20's and a 30 miler before October 15th. I am in good shape, and my mind is in the right place for a 100, which is really the biggest part of it.

LB2

Occasional Runner

I did 5 miles on the trail. Kind of a walk/jog/runnish sorta thing. It was mostly for the pup and I'm certain she appreciated it.

Medical check in and bib pickup this afternoon.

QOTD: The Wasatch 100 tomorrow, a trail marathon the following weekend and then the Bear 100 two weeks later. September is always a busy month.

DigDug2

Plan to run 7 at lunch.  Did 35 minutes on the stepper yesterday after running in the morning - quads are feeling it.

QOTD:  doing a 32-mile self-supported run on Sept. 20, the inaugural "Shawangunk Ridge Trail Run/Hike" in southern NY.  Approaching it as a training run for a R2R2R in October.

MT:  how much do you plan to carry?  Given your temps, sounds like you're going to need a decent sleeping bag.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I have a PT appointment this afternoon.  Apparently I'm at the point where they'll videotape me running and do a gait analysis/eval.  It should be interesting, at least.  I'll run after I get home too and then settle in for the first Packer game of the season!

QOTD:  No races.  My goal is to hopefully be able to run 5 miles at some point this month.

Running is dumb.

Birdwell

Got in 5 last night.

Yearly work health screening this morning. Decent results, though I could stand to loose some more weight (which I'm actively trying to do)

QOTD: lots of miles (at least for me)

August was an awful month as far as running and life in general goes (with the babies surgery and all). I need to have a solid September and October if I have any hope of doing well at my November 50K

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I should have run this morning but needed to be at work early. DW will be gone for 2 days so no runs for me unless of course I want to take the kids along.  It would be a very short run.  So biking in the basement it is.

QOTD: What is this race thing you talk about?  My plans are to increase my mileage even if by a little bit.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

I'll run after work today.  My meetings will be over and things can bet back to normal.

qotd: No races planned, just need to start uping the mileage a little. Hopefully it will start cooling off a bit.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

runtraildc

Hi Trailers!  Fall is definitely not in the air here right now.  It's really the summer we missed earlier.  No running today, but yoga in a few minutes.  Kinda dreading it, although it is my favorite instructor.  I haven't been doing it regularly lately, so this class will highlight all my weaknesses and yoga shortcomings.  Only to myself, of course, because yoga is not a competition and I only do it to improve flexibility and ward off running injuries. 

qotd.  Only a 10k road race later this month at the Dogfish brewery out in DE.  We're running for the beer, of course.  And I'm looking at a half marathon in October in Philadelphia.  (Oktoberfest-- more beer).

moonlightrunner

Hey....I've lost my run mojo. I think I might have accidently put it in a box when my family moved in and we all moved to another apartment. Looking....can't find it anywhere...and it was bigger than it EVER was when I lost it .

Harrier: seems MI and WI are having summer in September..we had our fall in July. I dont like it. Not one little bit.

Qotd: im not making any plans until i find my mojo. Damn...where did i put it!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Gator eye

Slow easy 6 this am

QOTD: all set to run 100 tomorrow at 4

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Thought about getting up and running  at 5:30am since I was awake anyways.....but something else came up.  Will run at lunch since boss is gone and I can stretch my 1/2 hour lunch into 70 minutes.

qotd:  decide if i want to run a 50 miler with running partner in December....and if so amp up those long runs this month.  Oh yea I am going to Michigan end of the month..so running in fall colors.

Moomlightrunner:  It sucks when life disrupts your mojo...I think you can find it in the woods....go look for it.

gator eye ...good luck tomorrow!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

We went for a hike because I am nursing some sore tendons behind the knee.

Fall isn't in the air here either, but I am looking forward to it.

QOTD: No.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

XtremeTaper

Typical run with LadyB over at Coventry Woods last night but we added 2 bonus miles to our regular 7 mile loop to get in a total of 9 miles. Felt just a bit off in the early miles, but felt better in the middle thus the bonus miles. Plus, well the weather was pretty gosh darn fantastic. Warm and summery like but not overly humid and very pleasant for running through the wooded slopes. It still shocks me sometimes that I have places like this all to myself on a September summer evening.

Tonight, I believe we will run the "easy"/north side trails of Green Lane, probably 7 miles but maybe we will tack on more. There is a particularly nice 1 mile stretch of rolling single track right next to the lake on this route. Cover that twice on an out/back.

QOTD: Will run Stumpy's fatass trail marathon Sunday in White Clay Creek Preserve. No other races this month.

Queen - What, was your plantar fasciitis acting up this morning?

Lace/Gator Eye - Best wishes with your 100's.

In dog beers, I've only had one.