Trailer Trash

Falling Rain Friday (Read 22 times)

bagge_pants

Pitter patter is upon us. I like it better than yesterday's snow though! Tomorrow and Sunday look glorious so I think I'll swim today after work and get outside for the weekend. 

QOTD: What is your ideal weekly running schedule?

For me, ideal would be Monday off or recovery, Tuesday hill repeats, Wednesday medium long run, Thursday fartlek, Friday off, Saturday Long run or race simulation workout, Sunday day hike. I love that schedule.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning All.  More snow here would be welcome (I'd settle for rain in the valleys and snow in the mountains)- have a chance today and then again Mon/Tues.  Strength training this evening.

qotd: my normal schedule is strength training Mon/Fri, shorter runs Tues/Thurs, hill repeats Wed, long run on Saturday and then either hike/snowshoe/ski Sunday- if that doesn't happen a shorter run; sometimes I'll just run twice during the work week

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a nice 7 under an orange moon last night.  It was pretty cool to chase the moon and then turn around and be chased by it.

QOTD: Depends on the time of year but over the last couple of months - M/T/W/Th will be gym hill runs mixed with runs in the hood all in the 4-7 mile range.  F is usually off.  S/S I will either hit a LR on trails or mix in medium distances whenever I can.  The more I think about it, I run when I can which is pretty miraculous that I can at all.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Last night was 9 miles with the Lady on the trails of Coventry Woods. I was planning on 10, but I had to get home and make dinner, so I went left down the hill instead of right and back up for another mile. Today, something similar. Maybe I will head to French Creek for a run after work. We don't have Good Friday off.

QOTD: Mon-Fri, 7-10 mile runs. Sat-Sun, 16-20 mi one day, 8-12 the other day. In other words run every day. I don't do organized speed or tempo anymore. Mostly because I am lazy and my PR days are in the rear view mirror. That said I will have an impromptu trail tempo now and then. Oh, and if I don't have a race (ultra) on the schedule the 16-20 mile weekend run is only once a month.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NorthernHarrier

Short day of work yesterday so I headed up to my shack arriving with just enough time to tap and hang buckets on 30 trees. A late start to the season because of my Florida vacation but we'll try to catch some of the run. Despite less then the so called optimum conditions putting in the taps was like turning on a spigot. Nice.  Next 4 days look to be perfect so I'm pretty optimistic despite my late start. If I feel ambitious I may set up some more taps, we'll see. Think I have enough equipment to do 60 trees.  I'll head back home Monday evening.

I had run 8 of the last 9 days so I took a couple days off but this morning I'll be heading over to some of my favorite trails here for about 11 miles. Snow up here is almost gone, concerning certainly but sure makes the trail running better.

QOTD--I'm just not that rigid. I'll have a certain idea leading up to the week based on my life schedule but weather, etc. factors in. I know I'll run 5x and I know I'll get intervals, pace work alternating with a hill workout every other week, some sort of longish run, and then I have to have a couple runs out at places I just enjoy running at with a relaxed pace. Despite essentially being done racing and my interval times are a far cry from what I used to do I still get off on speed work. In my case I think the steady dose of speed has helped in my longevity. 

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work for 24 fun filled hours and I'm already tired.  It's a really nice day so I'm hoping to get some walking sessions in by doing some loops in the parking lot.  Also going to try to do some stretching.  This week was supposed to be a ultra high mileage week ( by my standards), instead it will be a low mileage week.

QOTD:  Ideally it would be a short fast tempo run. That one could also be done as intervals or other types of speed work.  A middle distance run of 6-9 miles at a steady pace and then a long, 13+ mile run.  Two or three days would be spent on the bike with rides of 20-40 miles being the norm. That would leave one or two days for rest.

runtraildc

Just got back from a 3 mile instant run.  Wanted to fit it in before the thunderstorm arrived and managed to do just that.   Not trail, but packed sand in vegetation along the road.  We are down in the outer banks of NC for the long weekend and it was about 70F and quite humid.   My plan is for another 3-6 miles later, depending on the kiting plans (DS1 is getting lessons from DH and I am running support/rescue).

Harrier-- my sister has been collecting for the past 3 weeks or so in NH.  Not the greatest year up there, I guess.  I I hope yours is better.  The sugar content (?) is low.  They produce enough for their consumption so I'll have to buy a 5 gallon keg from one of the producers nearby when I visit next week.

qotd:  Not a rigid schedule but I aim for 5 days a week.  Lately, though, it has been 3 to 4, tops.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

This week was supposed to be a ultra high mileage week ( by my standards), instead it will be a low mileage week.

Trying to just lull me 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Had a headache yesterday after work and never ran but I should have since a headache is a headache and I might as well run with one.  Then I woke up with a headache so I didn't run  but have stuff for lunch run of 5.

QOTD:  Schedule?  what is this schedule you speak of?  I would love it if I ran Monday through Friday, and than long run on Sunday.  Things were looking good until day lights savings hit making getting up early hard again.  oh and hurting my back.  Time to rev it up again.  March was a complete failure.  I just run that's all I do; no fartleks, no speed work, no hill climbs, just running (walking) and smelling the flowers while the boys sniff other stuff.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

Harrier-- my sister has been collecting for the past 3 weeks or so in NH.  Not the greatest year up there, I guess.  I I hope yours is better.  The sugar content (?) is low.  They produce enough for their consumption so I'll have to buy a 5 gallon keg from one of the producers nearby when I visit next week.

Thanks for the good wishes Nancy!  Had I not been going to Florida I would have started about March 10th to capture the early sap. Usually that is the sweetest. No complaints though as being a beach bum with sun and upper 70's was worth it. Ended up tapping 4 more trees today for a total of 34. Should be good enough for my meager operation. Yesterday I had 3 deer walking around watching me and today I have an eagle roosting on a birch tree out front that has been watching me with a puzzled look. I'm looking out my patio door at him looking back at me from about 50 feet. My bay is open along part of my property and I have a couple obnoxious Trumpeter swans in there. These are part of what I enjoy while doing this little chore this time of year. Of course it wouldn't bother me at all if Mr. Eagle dealt with the swans.