Trailer Trash

Let's make it Mondaily. (Read 18 times)

LB2

Weight workout this morning. I am trying to at least stick to the exercises listed on the thing I am calling a training plan, which is not the thing I have worked out on a spreadsheet. So far, I am doing pretty good.

QOTD: Did you watch the world championships in track and field this weekend?

I watched some of it yesterday. I was shocked that the American woman (can't remember her name) eeked out a win in the 100 meter dash with the lean. I sort of feel like the African lady had it stolen from her because I really thought she got across first. If she had only leaned, she would have had it.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

Well my weekend plans fell thru. I was headed to my shack on Sat evening when I got a flat on the interstate. Luckily I had my garage type hydraulic jack with me so the actual tire change was similar to a Nascar pit stop however the tire was gashed good and considered unrepairable. $260 tire with 14k on it. Of course on a Sat night and Sunday you cannot find the right tire to match up and I wasn't going anywhere on that little donut they call a spare. So Sunday I just sat around here all melancholy.

I'll do a run in the Arb today since it's near where I'll get my new tire and then try to head north this afternoon.

QOTD--Any plans for the great eclipse? Gonna travel anywhere to be under the direct path? I'll be a little north in Montana during the big event.

LB--you crossed me up. First there was no QOTD so I put one in and then you edited. LOL!  so I guess the eclipse one can be QOTD 2.

LB2

QOTD--Any plans for the great eclipse? Gonna travel anywhere to be under the direct path? I'll be a little north in Montana during the big event.

LB--you crossed me up. First there was no QOTD so I put one in and then you edited. LOL!  so I guess the eclipse one can be QOTD 2.

Sorry about that. The question just came to me in a rush after I had nothing.

QOTD 2: I do not have any plans for the eclipse yet. I will probably drink a beer, though.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

Sorry about that. The question just came to me in a rush after I had nothing.

QOTD 2: I do not have any plans for the eclipse yet. I will probably drink a beer, though.

No worries, just giving you a hard time. I can usually think of all kinds of good questions until I'm in front of the keyboard myself.

muppy

5.4 trail miles last night,  it was the first time in months I was not attacked by bugs the whole time!

QOTD 1 No,  but I did read  on Facebook about it and Amy Cragg  of the good old USA getting 3rd in the marathon!

QOTD 2 No,  but since I work outside every day I will probably see it I guess.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Tiny E and I got in a nice 3 miles on the trails before the sunrise- a crisp 50 degrees

qotd 1:  I didn't; racing, hiking, eating and sampling IPA's constituted most of my weekend 

qotd 2: my DW birthday is the 20th, we'll be day hiking Sunday and Monday, spending Sunday night at Chico Hot Springs; nothing to do with the eclipse, but we'll keep our eyes out

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Weight workout this morning. I am trying to at least stick to the exercises listed on the thing I am calling a training plan, which is not the thing I have worked out on a spreadsheet. So far, I am doing pretty good.

QOTD: Did you watch the world championships in track and field this weekend?

I watched some of it yesterday. I was shocked that the American woman (can't remember her name) eeked out a win in the 100 meter dash with the lean. I sort of feel like the African lady had it stolen from her because I really thought she got across first. If she had only leaned, she would have had it.

Do you remember this from the women's 400m final at the Olympics last year?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Daydreamer1

Back from Michigan and back to the grindstone. Really need a run but stuck at work.

Actually had a good time out there. Turned out that it was me and 4 of my BIL's SILs.  Only one of their wives was with and she's a good one to deal with.  The guys are all workers, intelligent and self starters. Cut a bunch of trees, fixed up a pickup that looked like it was ready for the junk yard and just overall cleaned up a bunch of junk.  Also punched several holes in a big tractor tire. That was fun wrestling a big tractor tire that was filled with beet juice.  Saturday evening we took a pontoon boat out the one lake. The north country skeeters loved my eastern skin.

QOTD 1: I saw that George mentioned them yesterday but didn't have any time to follow up with it. Maybe today if I get the time.

QOTD 2: I think we are a little too far to the north for it to be really good. I even forgot what day it is. If it's not cloudy I'll try to watch it. Are welding goggles good enough to protect my eyes or is that too much protection? Anyone know?

AT-runner

Tim

Only one run over the weekend. DW and I hit the trails for an hour.  Saw a lot of people running. WTF. We hardly ever see any other runners, usually just hikers.  Stopped to talk to a group and good thing because they were lost. I got them back in the right direction. The trail, we were on is one of the many unmarked ones in Michaux, so easy to get turned around.  They missed a turn and were heading away from their cars.

QOTD 1:  Yes.  Comcast added the Olympic Channel, and we had it on the past few nights.  I'm glad Bolt lost, but not glad Justin Gatlin won.  I was never a Bolt fan, but I think cheaters should get life-time ban.

QOTD 2:  I'll follow what I can. DD#1 is in Oregon, and they will get a great view with 100% blockage.  We're supposed to have a good show, but we're too far North to get 100% in our area.  Looks like NHLA should be in the path of almost 100% eclipse. Maybe he should have us all over for an eclipse run. I'll bring the hot dogs and buns.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Do you remember this from the women's 400m final at the Olympics last year?

Not until you mentioned it. I went back and watched it. That was crazy.

LB2

Sandy-2

SRD.  But I'll do some of my core stuff after work today.

qotd 1: I was following a little bit, Amy Grant showed a lot of grit to get 3rd in the Marathon, she almost had 2nd.

qord 2: I don't think we are going to travel up to the "total eclipse line", but we'll see the partial eclipse from here.  A friend gave us these cool paper glasses so we can watch it (he works in a local school observatory so he's totally into it.)  Daydreamer, not sure on the welding goggles, you should google it.  Wow...  google for goggles !!!

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Back from vacation an back to work .  We had great weather all week at Chincoteague.  I got out for beach runs practically every morning.  I grabbed some cool sea shells as well.  Now we are on to prepare for the start of school in 2 weeks .

QOTD1: No, too busy coming home and cleaning up.

QOTD2: No plans but oddly enough we just received an email from our school district stating that they will be keeping the kids inside for the afternoon due to some safety issues with the eclipse.  I was unaware of any safety issues when there is an eclipse.  Guess I need to do some research.  I did hear about all kinds of "viewing parties" in the sweet zone and places that are trying to make a lot of money off of people who want to travel and see the full eclipse.  I have no respect for that.

Have a great day!

Oh, this is a running forum!! oops...no run this morning but something short later.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

QOTD 1:  Yes.  Comcast added the Olympic Channel, and we had it on the past few nights.  I'm glad Bolt lost, but not glad Justin Gatlin won.  I was never a Bolt fan, but I think cheaters should get life-time ban.

There's more to the Gatlin story than the media and fans spout about. His first "ban" was due to some residuals of a banned in competition substance from an ADHD medication he had been taking since he was 9. It is allowed during training but not during competition. Rules required that he serve a suspension but it was reduced to one year and he was exonerated of any intent to cheat. The second was more controversial but again his sentence was reduced because of his cooperation in the BALCO investigation. It was also a case of guilty until proven innocent and there was no way he could prove sabotage by his masseur which is what he claimed.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

QOTD2: No plans but oddly enough we just received an email from our school district stating that they will be keeping the kids inside for the afternoon due to some safety issues with the eclipse.  I was unaware of any safety issues when there is an eclipse.  Guess I need to do some research.  I did hear about all kinds of "viewing parties" in the sweet zone and places that are trying to make a lot of money off of people who want to travel and see the full eclipse.  I have no respect for that.

The biggest safety issue is direct viewing of the eclipse without adequate protection for the eyes. Regular sunglasses do not provide that; special glasses are needed for filtering of damaging rays.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run this morning.   that wasn't the plan but the deck my husband is putting in makes our bedroom very dark so sleeping in is easy.  Gym at lunch and maybe I will joggy jog the dogs after work.

QOTD:  No because I do not have TV but once I was in the airport and watched it.  I really enjoyed it.

QOTD2:  No, I will be in Michigan.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄