Trailer Trash

Monday, Mondaily, so good to me.... (Read 30 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

that old Mama and Papas song just popped into my head 

going to strength train this morning, short run in the evening

qotd: with Halloween coming up, what candy would you want to see in your bag?  I'm not much for candy, but an occasionally (very occasionally) a Snickers bar isn't too bad

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

got a short trail run with my pups this morning, then some circuit training at the gym. Clear skies and a super bright moon had a lot of wildlife on the move this morning.

QOTD: I'm a big Snickers fan. I try to get one into my diet daily.

runtraildc

Most be national short run and strength training today, which is my plan for lunch later.

Yesterday's run on my trails by the bay involved a bit of photo-bombing.   Everyone seemed to be out for their photo shoot-- first it was the toddlers with their wagon and black lab, then I came down the trail behind the casually dressed up couple (I am sure my head popped up a few times in their background), and then on the end of the other loop, another couple, plus a high school senior.  Fortunately for me, they all stayed within 500 yards of the trail heads.   To be fair, it was late afternoon, perfect overcast light with the leaves in peak color -great day for taking photos.

qotd:  twizzlers.  and then almond joys.

LB2

5 after work. Things are a mess down here this morning with huge amounts of rain over the weekend.

QOTD: I am not much of a candy man. But I do like Reeses peanut butter cups.

LB2

NHLA

8 miles Wolf Mt and Long Rock. yesterday  Raining and cold out there now might rest.

qotd  snickers

XtremeTaper

Good morning all.. nothing yet today, but probably 7 or so tonight with the Lady out on the trails. Last week of daylight and evening running. This past weekend 3+ hours run up on the AT from the Hamburg reservoir trail head up to Pulpit Rock, the Pinnacle, out to the Port Clinton fire tower and back. We skipped Hawk Mountain this year being lazy and not wanting to run/hike 5 hours. Chilled out yesterday with a hilly 8.5 at French Creek.

QOTD: Anything Reese's related or dark chocolate.

World's biggest cairn?, marks the turn at the Pinnacle.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Had  a busy weekend with not much running.  Did manage to sneak in a short run Sat and a run yesterday.  Saturday was 2.65 miles with DW on trails.  Yes I did it! She didn't hate it but certainly not in love with it.  I took her on the most tame trails I know but still some "hills".  She was breathing fairly heavy and I was...not. But all in all such a gorgeous fall run.  I went back to the same trail system the next day and got in 7 miles.  Lots of hikers, dog walkers, photo takers etc. so I got off the lower trails to the higher trails where I knew I would be alone.

lace - snickers huh? that must be your secret.

QOTD: I love skittles! Snickers are good too.  I used to carry snickers with me during races but I found that it wasn't the easiest to eat during.  I usually reserve them for post race recovery now.

Have a great Monday!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Happy Monday.

I've been MIA the last few days as work and life have gotten in the way.  Only a few short runs lately, but able to catch the end of fall colors before the leaves all drop.  Box of shoes came from Amazon, so ready to break them in.

QOTD:  I've really like the Snickers Almond bars.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

welcome back-  check out my handgun review I posted for you 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Monday Monday, it was all I hoped it would be

I hope I can say that at the end of the day. No idea what I'm running today. May go to the park and run until I don't feel like running anymore. The day will end with an overnight shift, 8 pm - 4 am, to start getting the store ready for holiday shopping. (too early for me, but I don't make the rules)

QOTD: Snickers and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are always good for me, as well as York Peppermint Patties and almost anything else with chocolate. For a change of pace I like Starbursts.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NorthernHarrier

40F and a steady, cold rain. This is our more usual late Oct. weather up here. Been pretty awesome up until today. I'll be doing an outside brush burning in a few minutes as I don't think things will get out of control in this weather. A little later I'll try to suck it up and do a heroic 6 mile loop (brrr). This will be an all day rain.

QOTD--Milky Way. All day long.  Actually any combination of choco and caramel. Twix work pretty well too.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

This is very fitting for me...

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

Got in a 6 mile tempo run last night on the road.

Lace, nice cartoon!

I still remember all the houses in my mom's neighborhood that would give out full full size candy bars on Halloween!

QOTD  Reese's peanut butter cups for the win,  however if I'm trying to be healthy I will eat Twizzlers!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Ready to head out for some sunny miles. I am not sure where yet, either some way along the Tussey Mountainback course, or the rail to trail.

Lace and Jamie: Love your cartoons!

Taper: Is this rock clean-up service willing to come out to my trails? Now I know why you love running this particular loop so much - no more rocks! 

QOTD: Snickers, Milky Way, Musketeers, Reese's Cups, you name it. Anything with chocolate, as long as it's gluten free. Sorry, KitKat!

Run for fun.