Trailer Trash

TGIFridaily (Read 17 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Going to meet up with George (wcrunner) this afternoon and drive him out to the Elkhorn pre-race meeting/dinner- they usually put on a pretty good spaghetti/salad/bread supper- along w/ a good supply of local brews   Race day is going to be warm, Helena is calling for a high of 90, the Elkhorns should be closer to 80.  This year I've opted to run no ultras, so will be running the 23k, George is signed up for the 50k- both offer plenty of climbing and and ample opportunity for suffering- the 50k much more  (there is a 50 mile as well that's even more brutal!).  Bike to work is the only thing on my plate as far as exercise goes.

qotd: weekend plans? mine will likely be run, suffer, recover

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Enjoy hanging out with George, Mike!  He can tell you about the time he paid like $7 to run Boston. 

Also, good luck George!!!

Bike commute to work for me.  I accidentally killed a chipmunk on my way in.  The damn thing ran right into my wheel.

QOTD: Nothing!!!  And by nothing, I mean alternating biking and eating and walking the dog and eating and biking and and going out for ice cream.

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

Good luck George!!!.... and you too Warden!

I had plenty of time yesterday after my round of golf to get in a run so it was another 7 miler for the Lady and I on the easy side of the lake. A friendly young couple out for a walk were impressed by the Lady and how she just trots along behind me. Decently paced run for the loop, but man the sun angle reflecting off the lake on the way back is blinding in some sections. I might look to get in 10 or so tonight.

QOTD: A couple of runs, nothing long, 7-12 miles max. I should power wash the deck as I need to seal it this year. We will see.

Mandy - My last trip to Boston we went with the DE track club bus. Some seasoned runners on that trip doing their bazzillionth Boston in a row. They were all running sub3's on the cheap back in the day. It was pretty cool. The best I can say is I remember the days when Laurel Highlands was $80 and you could sign up the week before.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

Good luck WC and Warden. I was fully committed to running after work yesterday, even though the heat index was 115. I swear I was gonna run. I rushed home and made the girl's supper, and we were hit with a violent lightning storm and a deluge of rain that lasted for a couple of hours. So, I watched television and read a book. Today, I get off at 2PM because I had to work late on Tuesday. I'll get some groceries, and I probably won't run until tomorrow morning.

QOTD: Running and cutting grass.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Looking at getting in about 7 miles later today. The mind still is not into running for some reason.

Good luck to Warden, wcrunner and anyone else racing this weekend.

Mandy - Murderer .  Poor guy was just out looking for breakfast and gets run over by a speeding bicyclist . Or maybe it was suicide , the heat got to him.   I ran over a squirrel once. Scared the crap out of me as those buggers can get caught in a wheel and cause havoc.

QOTD: Try to finishing building up my newest bike. This requires the bike shop to have actually gotten my parts that I need.  Have a lot of yard work that needs done. Run today and Saturday. Maybe a mt bike ride with DS on Sunday if he doesn't wimp out. He just got into the mt biking and I want to show him some nice trails where he can run hikers/runners over and piss off the horsey people .

muppy

6.8 Road miles, nothing exciting.

Good luck George and Warden!

QOTD I'm working as usual. Saturday night were going to a coffee shop to see friends play (Grateful Dead type stuff). Sunday were going to The Jigger Shop I'm Mount Gretna, PA it's an old fashioned ice cream place.

AT-runner

Tim

GOOD LUCK GEORGE !!!

good luck warden...

(longer distance calls for CAPS )

SRD today.  Longish run tomorrow and Sunday.  Doing back to back 16's this weekend. One will be flat and one will be hills.

Mandy - George probably ran Boston in the 70's wearing that new performance material called Cotton.

QOTD:  Family reunion tomorrow in DC.  Just an excuse to get a bunch of Irish people together to drink. Watching Olympics the rest of the time.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

QOTD:  Family reunion tomorrow in DC.  Just an excuse to get a bunch of Irish people together to drink. Watching Olympics the rest of the time.

I'm sure we are related somewhere down the line. I don't need much of an excuse.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

7 and half this am.  Earl was on a mission and we ran for a mile now stop (no pissing, sniffing or pooping) so I am going to call it a tempo run!   Ran into Bob the old man and as I chatted the lady with the crazy little dog was walking up the trail so I stepped off with my dogs.  She paused to say hi and that crazy little dog was snarling and snappy (it's rather funny to watch) but next thing I know my big f*ckers took off and being that I was standing behind a small down pine tree I proceeded to trip over the tree, land on the ground and then dragged a bit.   that was fun!

QOTD:  Old man just said he would take me to dinner tonight (he won $550 on poker in Reno last night) and we made plans last week to get up early Saturday and go hiking around these lakes.  Our hiking means, hike into a lake, lay around and drink beer have snacks and then hike out.  Sunday will be a long run with the group..still waiting on email of when where and how long.  Should be a nice weekend.

MT and WC:  Good look have fun in Montana...definitely need a famous MT selfie (with George)

Anybody else notice all the happy faces posted today...that fun August theme is taking over!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NHLA

8 miles this morning.

good luck guys!

qotd  group run tom. at Lake Summit. Sandy dit rd 10 miles around lake. Feels like a trail without roots and rocks.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Early morning at the gym, took the kids to a bounce house place, then bowling.  Fun day.  Later taking the boys to chess night at the library.

GL George, and Mike! Enjoy it.

QOTD: Nothing, no really nothing is actually planned.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

I'm sure we are related somewhere down the line. I don't need much of an excuse.

After 2 beers at an Irish Pub / House / Wake / Funeral, everyone's related.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Mandy, I paid $3.00 in 1970  for my first Boston.

AT, cotton was the usual, but there was a new synthetic called nylon.

Had a great time with Mike.

QOTD: run, walk, crawl, suffer, eat, recover

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.