Trailer Trash

The Flying Fridaily (Read 16 times)

Sandy-2

Did another 5 miler in the park this morning.  Flying back home today if this taxi can get me through this morning Paris traffic.

wcrunner, yes saw that sculpture along with the others in the middle floor area.

qotd: I got nothin.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

Slow and sluggish 3.25 mile loop this morning. I really wasn't feeling it this morning. Mentally, I wanted it, but physically, I just couldn't get much going.

QOTD: How much of your running is done in the dark?

This question popped in my head the other day because I remember hearing people ask others "Have you done much night running?" Specifically, I hear this question at 100 mile events, and it is always asked to people who are running their first 100 mile event. The vast majority of my running is done with a headlamp, usually early morning rather than later in the evening. Hence, my mantra is always, "Just keep going until the sun goes down, and you will be fine."

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

T-shirt weather yesterday and snowing today. 2" on ground and maybe just another inch coming. Snow in forecast for next week too.  Winter is finally arriving in South Central PA.

Got a shipment of Darn Tough Socks.  They were on sale so I jumped in. Usually wear DryMax, but my last order developed holes around the bog toe after only 2 months, so trying out the Darn Tough. I know others here use the, so hope the hold up well.

QOTD:  Maybe 10 runs a year are in total dark. Some runs finish in the dark and a few start in the dark.  With the time change this weekend may have to start in the dark the next few weeks. I enjoy night running but don't head up to the woods too often to do it. Probably because my trails are so technically challenging and falling at night is a certainty.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Another 3 last night...in the dark.

Like AT said, great weather patterns we are having.  65 and sunny one day, 1-2 inches of snow today.  Welcome to winter - just in time for day light savings and spring in 2 weeks.

So DW has been telling me a story about this "stalker" she has.  It's been a bit of a joke.  He is not a real stalker - at least not yet.  DW works at a dental office.  This guy is a patient and took a liking to her.  DW is very friendly with everyone and of course I am partial in saying she is beautiful, but she is.  Every time he is in the office, he asks where DW is.  (btw - she used to work the front desk/reception area but now works in billing back in an office).  This guy was in on Sat (DW was not working) with his wife for her appt.  He asked about her whereabouts to the front desk once his wife was back in her appt..  The other girls in the office also joke about him being her stalker so they made sure she knew he was asking about her Sat.  Well yesterday DW is at the grocery store with all three kids and who does she see in the parking lot? Yup, with his wife and young child.  Apparently he tried to hug her as one does when they see a long lost friend.  He was asking about her hours and why he didn't se her on Saturday.  I've told her she needs to be clear that he is making her feel uncomfortable - is she doesn't say something he will just keep pressing.  The funny thing in all this is he is 5'3" or something close to that.  DW is 5'9" and often wears shoes that make her close to 6'. I am just hoping to be in the office one of these days when he shows up. 

QOTD: most of my runs are in the dark.  But most are also road running.  When I do make it to a trail, it is daylight.  I don't do well on tech trails in the dark.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NHLA

4.5 miles around the mt.

qotd  When I ran the Blue Ridge Relay I trained alot at night because I was going to have two legs in the dark.

Now I usually were one for about 10 min in the morning. I like to get to the east side of the mt. for sunrize.

runtraildc

Morning folks. Unfortunately, the PA weather did not fully make it to MD/DC. We're just getting a cold rain and it's not staying long, which is too bad since we are in a drought.  Running-wise, I'm taking a rest day and heading to the gym for a strength class. I hate these classes, but they challenge me in ways that I typically avoid, so it's needed and good.

qotd: Usually in the early winter, but on the roads not trails.

AT-runner

Tim

So DW has been telling me a story about this "stalker" she has.  It's been a bit of a joke.  He is not a real stalker - at least not yet.  DW works at a dental office.  This guy is a patient and took a liking to her.  DW is very friendly with everyone and of course I am partial in saying she is beautiful, but she is.  Every time he is in the office, he asks where DW is.  (btw - she used to work the front desk/reception area but now works in billing back in an office).  This guy was in on Sat (DW was not working) with his wife for her appt.  He asked about her whereabouts to the front desk once his wife was back in her appt..  The other girls in the office also joke about him being her stalker so they made sure she knew he was asking about her Sat.  Well yesterday DW is at the grocery store with all three kids and who does she see in the parking lot? Yup, with his wife and young child.  Apparently he tried to hug her as one does when they see a long lost friend.  He was asking about her hours and why he didn't se her on Saturday.  I've told her she needs to be clear that he is making her feel uncomfortable - is she doesn't say something he will just keep pressing.  The funny thing in all this is he is 5'3" or something close to that.  DW is 5'9" and often wears shoes that make her close to 6'. I am just hoping to be in the office one of these days when he shows up. 

Since you both are phonetically Jamie's (she's Jaime right?), go to work when the guy is on schedule and when he asks for Jaime, you can come out. Problem solved.

Seriously, we have a few guys who "hang around the desk".  If girls are uncomfortable in anyway, I talk to the patient. Your wife should let the dentist handle it and make him aware he is crossing the work / patient line. Once I talk to them it never happens again.

XtremeTaper

Snowing today, so probably some snowy miles later and maybe the gym at lunch for weights. Last night, 8 miles with the Lady on the flat Perkiomen trail, out/back style. Last of the mild days for awhile according to the forecast.  It's a busy place on a mild evening night, thus lots of leash time for the Lady. I have not run this path in years. In my faster days I used to knock out some pretty spiffy runs here while training for marathons. Nice views of the Perkiomen Creek in many places in the section I ran, but mind numbing flatness.

QOTD: Very little of my training is done in the dark. I don't mind it,  but with most trail heads around here having dawn to dusk signs posted it tends to make me feel like a law breaker. No sidewalks around here or much lighting at all so road running at night is a bit hazardous if I leave my neighborhood. I've done enough night running to be comfortable doing it when needed.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

Made it back home last evening. On one hand It's nice to be back home, on the other hand I could travel forever and never come home.  Planning on heading out to the gym in a few minutes just as soon as I shovel the car out of the drifts. Actually got about  4+ inches and it's still lightly coming down.  Probably lift for a couple of hours then do some cardio tonight at home.  Actually didn't gain more than about a pound while I was away, but I sure feel weaker.

Jaime - Sounds like a bona fide stalker to me.

QOTD:  Several times a year. It's mostly on the roads and in the winter but occasionally I will get up on the mountain. Never have run on any real technical terrain in the dark. Last time I was on the trails in the dark in ended with a sprained ankle.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Since you both are phonetically Jamie's (she's Jaime right?), go to work when the guy is on schedule and when he asks for Jaime, you can come out. Problem solved.

Seriously, we have a few guys who "hang around the desk".  If girls are uncomfortable in anyway, I talk to the patient. Your wife should let the dentist handle it and make him aware he is crossing the work / patient line. Once I talk to them it never happens again.

I like the way you think! I would hover over him ...just a bit.

But seriously, yes I truly believes she needs to say something to him about it making her comfortable AND tell her boss.  She doesn't like confrontation so I believe this is why she continues to be so friendly.

All she has to do is give me his contact info and I can make this go away real quick.  Of course she would have to violate HIPPA laws to do so which would get her fired and possible legal charges and the other result would likely see me in jail.  So there's that...

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run last two days... Runing on this cement has really aggravated my heal.  Thinking I might need to do something  to solve this problem... Maybe not run for awhile.

Qotd:  Only when I need to run the dogs early but than I stick to the road.  Wouldn't call it training just convience.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

17 degrees and about 6" of new snow greeted me for yesterday's 5-ish mile run- Spring is in the air! 

strength train this evening; date night tonight- local restaurant is having a catfish fry replete with coleslaw, hush puppies and potatoes

qotd: more out of necessity- usually about a month and a half December and January (evening) and then again in July and August (early morning) to beat the heat. I don't mind it so much, but if I wasn't working I'd run a little earlier in the Winter and a little later in the Summer- probably like NH does! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

strength train this evening; date night tonight- local restaurant is having a catfish fry replete with coleslaw, hush puppies and potatoes

Sounds like a Catholic Lenten dinner.

I eat meat now on Friday's, I just don't do it in front of my Mother.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Yeah we eat fish/seafood most Fridays (probably 80-90% of the time); old Irish Catholic habits die hard 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Made it to Chicago, now waiting to leave on the hop down to TX.

Jamie, sounds creepy to me.

qotd:  this time of year the first half of my weekend runs are in the dark. I usually go along a road/causeway that haze some lighting so I don't have to carry lights.  If we go to the park than the first half of those runs are with the headlamp/handheld lights.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL