Trailer Trash

Monday Morning March (Read 17 times)

LB2

No march this morning for me. I am taking this week as a T,W,Th, Sa, and Sun run week. Monday and Friday will be rest days.

QOTD: Anything on the horizon you are looking forward to, running or non-running related?

I am looking forward to cooler temperatures getting here and staying. Other than that, I am already looking forward to heading to Oklahoma in the spring.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yet.  Will get in something tonight I think.  I just got back from my MRI.  Will go in on Friday morning to talk to the ortho about the scan.  I just want an answer at this point.  I am in a lot of pain...except when I run.  Heading to State College tomorrow for 2 days of meetings and training.  Marie - if you read this, not sure I will have time to see you.  If you're still at the store, I might be able to sneak in on a break to say hi.  My 2 days is so jammed packed I won't have time to hit the amazing trail system there...

Sandy: Sorry for your loss (the Astros I mean).  Thankfully it looks to be a good series - likely going 7.

QOTD: Looking forward to getting an answer for my back/leg pain.  Look forward to Stone Mill 50.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Got in 3 miles on the paved trail yesterday at dusk. Beautiful evening out, but I was in long sleeves. We went from 80 to 50 in a span of 24 hours.  So, on this trail, we've been crossing a major road in a temporary, hard to see crosswalk for almost three years while a new pedestrian bridge and crosswalk were being built (very, very slowly). The new finish date was recently posted as Mid-November. Then last week, someone's dashcam footage comes up showing a small kid almost get run over by a driver not stopping for this  temporary crosswalk. It had to have been absolutely terrifying for the parents with their child. I'm sure there have been multiple, similar events, over the years as it was a terrible crossing.

Guess what? The construction was finished and the bridge/new crosswalk was opened within 48 hours. grrr.

And da**n it, it's raining again!

qotd: Nothing terribly exiciting on our forecast. We're mostly trying to get kiddo #1 ready and on a plane for his americorps program out west.

AT-runner

Tim

LB - M and F are always a SRD's for me.  My body always feels better on a 5 day running program.

QOTD:  Niece's wedding the week before Thanksgiving and DD#1 is coming home with her BF for the wedding and staying with us until Thanksgiving. Can't wait to have all 3 kiddo's and their BF's and GF all under one roof.  No races planned.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

dhuffman63

Trails

QOTD: Well I was looking forward to PH this weekend but we just found out DH's mom has advanced cancer and they are taking her to his sisters for hospice...could just be weeks.  She never told anyone or went to the doctor.  DH will be spending weekends in AR taking care of her property and getting ready for sale.  We are taking in her 2 dogs and 3 cats.  I'll probably need to cancel KUS 12 hour too but still have hopes for my Brazos Bend 50 miler.

I did get 10 in yesterday.  I too take Mon & Fri off as SRDs.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: Well I was looking forward to PH this weekend but we just found out DH's mom has advanced cancer and they are taking her to his sisters for hospice...could just be weeks.  She never told anyone or went to the doctor.  DH will be spending weekends in AR taking care of her property and getting ready for sale.  We are taking in her 2 dogs and 3 cats.  I'll probably need to cancel KUS 12 hour too but still have hopes for my Brazos Bend 50 miler.

Sorry to hear.  Good luck with these next few weeks to you and your DH.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Trying to catch up with everyone....

Sandy - Nice running over the weekend!

Dr J - Glad to hear you got the MRI done.  Hope it provides some answers.

AT -  Sorry to hear about Mrs AT.  Hope the glute is feeling better.

Gatsby - Great pic!  I love events with a theme.  Hope you scared a lot of runners!

Sue - One of my biggest complaints about restaurants is they often over-salt their food.  A little salt is ok to enhance flavor, and to replenish lost electrolytes from running.

warden - Snowshoes, eh?  Wow, how the weather changes so quickly there.  I'm sure Tiny E is loving it.

GC - Very cool about your daughters and climbing those crags.  And yeah, mom's typically don't care for that.  Hope you guys can get to see the movie.

LB2 - Squirrels are tough.  When I hunted, I always saw deer during small game season, and the squirrels would tease and torment me during deer season.  Not sportsman-like, but the temptation to take one out with a 30-06 crossed my mind.

dhuffman - Sorry to hear about DH's mom.  You definitely have the right priorities in order.  There will be more races.  Family come first.

I was pretty much knocked out all weekend from the poison ivy.  My face was all puffy and swollen, it spread all around my neck, upper chest, and on both arms.  I went to the doctors first thing this morning and got a prescription for prednisone.  Driving to work, I finally had the Doh! moment.  I had been using the same towel to clean myself up all week.  So I've been basically rubbing poison ivy oil all over my face and body.  No running until it starts to clear up.  The sweat just makes it too itchy, and benadryl puts me to sleep.

QOTD:  I booked a hotel in Carmel for the Big Sur Marathon in April, and DW and I will go glamping for a couple days at Ventana after the race.  So looking forward to that.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Queen of Nothing

Sue

We ran 9 miles this morning.  A new guy joined us but turned around 4 miles in.  When we got his truck was still there.  It's an out and back along a canal and completely flat, until the last quarter mile so where did he go??  There's a couple of places you can screw up but should figure out it's wrong very quickly.  So we ran back on the trail about 1/2 mile.  Then decided to drive the roads that incase that trail.  No Tony but his truck was now gone.  Seems he went straight at the hairpin turn..even though it's slightly up hill and hits a paved road.  So he took the road back down to the parking lot.  I must of missed him by turning into a neighborhood to soon.  Still surprised he got lost...he's an ex marine.

qotd:  Trying to live in the present but love having things to look forward to.  May fly down So Cal and see my DHs family in November.  I like them better than he does.  Puerto Vallarta in February, Antelope Canyon in March, and than Wy'East Wonder.  Since the two races are actually going to be pleasure trips it makes it a little more fun.  and their 12/31/18 to look forward to, altpugh I haven't signed any papers.

Berto:  When I cook I don't salt because I know I will reunion it for others.  Had popcorn last night and did not salt

Jamie: Sorry you are in such pain.  Strange how running doesn't effect it.  Maybe time to sign up for a 100.

Dhuffman:  Sorry to hear...so nice of you to take her animals.  That is probably her biggest concern right now.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Just plan on walking with the LRS group this evening, so a little over 3 miles expected.

qotd: Big event was October 6th with my granddaughter's wedding. Anything else this year will be anticlimactic. I do have two more races planned, Piedmont 8-Hour on the 27th this month and Crooked Road 24 on November 17th, both in VA. We'll see what the holidays bring, but nothing special planned as of now.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

LB2 - Squirrels are tough.  When I hunted, I always saw deer during small game season, and the squirrels would tease and torment me during deer season.  Not sportsman-like, but the temptation to take one out with a 30-06 crossed my mind.

He can't see them when they stop, and he can't hit them when they run. They are mostly running, though. Hahaha.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Saturday, 9 mile steady state run on the flat cinder/dirt packed SRT in cool 48-50 degree temps. About 8:40 pace which seems slow for the effort it took. Actually not super hard effort, as I do not seem to be able to find a second gear to speed up. I have sort of a mono-pace these days. Sunday, Plodded 8 miles around the hilly trails at the Haycreek watershed with the Lady. Ended up shadowing a group of horsey back riders, so changed my route slightly as one woman's horse kept looking back, sensing something behind her. Looks like they are planning to do some work around the upper reservoir as the water level is still down and they have wooden markers/posts scattered about.

Gym stuff so far today at lunch, and am feeling ambivalent about running but probably will head up to the local trail after work for 6 miles or so.

QOTD: Not much going on here other than trip down to GA at the end of December.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

ahhh nice to be part time and have a day off (well actually two, tomorrow too, well and last Friday too!) 

strength trained this morning and then 5 miles with Tiny E this afternoon- feeling a little more like fall than winter finally- got into the low 50's

going to strap my snowshoes on my pack tomorrow and head into the Elkhorns

qotd: ummm elk season Smile, opens this coming weekend- I usually skip the opener, kind of amateur hour in my experience; I work almost the following week, but have Thursday off- that should be enough time to let the elk settle a bit

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Taking a SRD today (Tues).

dhuff - sorry to hear about your MIL.

qotd: nothing too exciting.

tbd.