Trailer Trash

Mondailies (Read 36 times)

Marley and I had a nice relaxing 4 mile trail run at an easy pace.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Daydreamer1

Just spent the past two weeks working over 75 hours per week. Counting the overtime and holiday pay the bank account will be very happy . Now the body needs to recover a little.

I had yesterday off and DS wanted to go to the gym so I went. Did a little lifting and TM running then came home and did a quick 4.5 miles outside for a total of 8.4 miles. I'm hoping to get in at least 8 miles this afternoon.

QOTD: My mind is failing me right now and I can't think of anything, so I'll pass.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all,

SRD for me today.  Yesterday I ended up doing 7 around the neighborhood.  The legs felt great and I even pushed the pace a bit...not what I was expecting after a tough 15 on Sat. (but pleasantly surprised).  Ended up running 42 miles, cycling 3 hours, and 50 mins of situps/pushups/etc.  The last 6 weeks have been some of the best, most consistent work I have done in my running career...the weekly mileage is still pretty low, but the plan as a whole seems to be working.  I'm not nearly as beat/sore/on the verge of injury as I was when I was following a canned program last year.

QOTD: Eat anything good lately?

My GF and I made Crab and Scallops au gratin last week.  It's basically just a dish of cheesy crab and scallop deliciousness.  We had extra cornbread from earlier in the week so that became the top crust.  I think I would pick that as my last meal.

**Ask me about streaking**

Morning all,

Got in 13 last night, feels good to be sore again from a long(er) run. Will probably head out for a few recovery miles today.

QOTD:

We had some delicious grilled brussel sprouts for dinner last night (with chicken)...probably the best thing I ate this weekend.

Occasional Runner

I did a short shakeout run this morning. We're loading up the truck and headed to the Grand Canyon. I'll be running the R2R2R tomorrow if the weather allows. Kind of a spur of the moment decision.

QOTD: Nothing notable.

muppy

Try for 5 or so after work today.

Shamless brag, my son was picked as rookie firefighter of the year for his fire station, I'm so proud of him!

QOTD I didn't get there yet, but my favorite BBQ place (Shakedown BBQ in Grantville PA)  just opened back up from there winter break. It's a big ole bacon cheeseburger on Texas toast with pulled pork and cole slaw on top!

runtraildc

Hi all!  rest day for me and I'm planning to get to the gym later for some strength work.

Muppy-- congrats for your son!

qotd:  I made some chili last week.  It turned out better than usual, after I added some ground bison and more heat.  It was a huge pot so there is some now in the freezer.  Smile

Chnaiur

3 miles and then lifting today.

QOTD: I got a crockpot for xmas, and some of the experiments have really worked out well. I bought a 4-lb pork shoulder at costco for like $14, and used it to make pulled pork. When mixed in with my own BBQ sauce, the whole thing was the best I've eaten in a long time. (Or it could be that I just had run 15 miles ;-).

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning, This has been a challenging morning early at work today, and I'm glad I'll ba able to go home soon. I'm planning on a nice run in the afternoon. Muppy: congrats on your son! Kelly: good luck for the R2R2R! QOTD: scallops carbonara, it was delicious. Happy running, everyone!

Run for fun.

moonlightrunner

Planning 4 later today. It is almost 40 degrees here today. It should feel spring-like...

qotd: I made some breakfast muffins...no flour, no eggs. Rolled oats, raisins, chocolate chips, pumpkin and oil and some sweetner. They are really good!  Great snack to take along.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Low_O2

Hello all.

Rest day today after a couple good runs with the dog over the weekend. 15 miles with 4200ft of climbing on Sat and 8.7 with 2,000 ft of climbing on Sunday. Felt great to get some good trail miles in again. I've been trying to build up my mileage over the last couple months and it seems to be going pretty well. Now I just need to figure out what races I want to run this year...

Jamezilla- Nice consistency! That is one thing I have been lacking and am trying to improve this year as well.

Lace - Enjoy the R2R2R, I'm jealous!

QOTD: My wife and I like to cook so have pretty tasty meals quite often. Last night was a delicious elk chili, a slightly modified version of Scott Jurek's Minnesota chili recipe.

ElfRunner25

Wannabe Ultrarunner

Happy Monday, all! I'm taking the opportunity this Monday morning to stop lurking and actually join the dailies. You have all been very helpful and inspiring to me without knowing it, and it's making me feel like a creeper Smile Plus I could use the support and extra accountability. I'm aiming to run a 50k sometime in the first half of the year (my first) but am woefully undertrained at the moment with inadequate weekly miles, definitely not enough vertical time, and several biomechanical issues that want to become injuries, so consistency and patience is the name of the game currently.

I'm aiming to run as many days in a row into 2014 as I can, but my minimum for a day to count is only 1.5mi so I can still fit "rest" days in there. The streak is meant to be a mental exercise, not a way to really get fitter or injure myself further... That's what weekly mileage and workouts are for Wink

Anyway, on tap for today is a 45 minute run--trail or road TBD-- and maybe a trip to the gym. Have the day off (I work different days every week so this is part of my "weekend") and need to run some errands and clean house and do some work-related stuff.

QOTD: Pizza last night. Was delicious. Would have been even more delicious had I not had nachos for lunch.  I LOVE FOOD.

Race schedule: a 50k. Sometime. This year. Maybe a 5k too. Maybe races in between as well. 

muppy

Welcome Elfrunner 25!

moonlightrunner

Elf Runner....your goal and current training level sound similar to mine. I am hoping....maybe...to run a 50k May 10. If not the 50k...maybe the trail marathon. I was counting the weeks and there are not as many between now and then as I had hoped!

Good luck...this is a great place for inspiration and knowledge.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

XtremeTaper

Good afternoon all. 7.5 miles for me today. This whacky back/forth winter continues. Temps near 50 for my lunchtime run. Ran my boring 5 mile road loop over to the park and back, then came home, leashed up the german pointer and ran another 2.5 miles of neighborhood loops.

QOTD: I made a batch of pretty tasty loaded baked potato soup this weekend. A pretty tasty meal topped with some cheese, scallions, and fresh bacon bits.

Trails N' Cocktails - Brussel sprouts. Ack! The 10 year old in me just screamed.

Lace - R2R2R in the winter? I guess it's been a dry winter. I visited the canyon in the winter once... gorgeous!

ElfRunner - Welcome. Good luck with the 50k buildup.

In dog beers, I've only had one.