Trailer Trash

Gassy Saturdailies (Read 25 times)

Daydreamer1

A really crummy day here in central Pa. Earlier this year I was planning on running a local 5k trail run. At that time I was looking forward to being in top shape so I was going to go all out. With my ankle injury and the rain there was no way I was going to spend $25 on it. So, that has me here at home getting ready to tear into the gas tank on DW vehicle. The fuel level sensors quit working and I hate driving without a gas gauge. This means I have to pull out the back seats and lift out the fuel pump from the gas tank and replace the sending units on the bottom of the pump.  Maybe I'll put out my cigarette before I start this job .

QOTD: How much of a handyman are you? I like to try to do as much of my own work on vehicles and around the house as possible. My dream is to design and build my own house someday. With vehicles I'm pretty decent if I have access to the proper tools and shop manuals. Unfortunately the complexity of vehicles limits what is feasible for me to do on my own. Sometimes I just have to take stuff to a shop simply because it doesn't pay me to buy a specialized tool.

moonlightrunner

DD: when I saw the title I thought a different kind of gas....

Sounds frustrating DD...both the race issue and the repair. I hate it when race ir run plans get...sidetracked by life and circumstance.

Runni g later today...hopefully 18. I am in terrible shape and pkan to run a 50k next weekend. I decided to he!! With it...i will try to finish...but i plan on having a goid time anyway. 18 today should give me an idea.

Qotd: i gave been single now for almost 15 years. I live in an apartment because i am not capeable of fixing anything. cars either. I dont date...but uf i was looking for am SO he eould have to be extremwly capeable of fixing anything...or rich enough to hire it done. All other factors considered...i expect to temain single and in my apartment. There...probably TIM...!

Have a great day! I hope you all have great days and that yours gets better DD.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 10 miles in the cold rain with a running buddy.  We haven't run together in a while as he was recovering from a stress fracture and was biking a lot.  He's much faster than I am, so was good to be pushed.  The last 2 miles were in a downpour and I was very thankful that I had a running vest with me.  All in all a good run with a good friend.

QOTD:  Avid wood worker and DIY'er.  Our current house is 111 years old, and I've restored 80% of it.  My Da didn't know which end of a hammer to hold, but as a kid I started fixing radios and TV's (the old days with tubes) for money.  Just took off from there, but I don't know anything about car repair (or potato guns)

I made the cabinets, mantle, tables the millwork around the windows and the chair on the right.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Bailed out on my run for now to avoid the cold rain. Warm rain is so much nicer...

And I have to admit, as it was a rare weekend day off work, I really enjoyed sleeping in - until 7 a.m., which is late for me!

Maybe a few miles later.

I ran 10 up and down the mountain yesterday, and I felt the pure joy of running again. I pushed it a bit, and snickered when I got back to my car and saw that it had really been a fast, yet effortless an fun run.

DD1: good idea to put out the cigarette...

Moonlight: 18 sounds long for 7 days out. Maybe you need it as a confidence booster, but a long run now won't make or break the race. You'll do fine at the 50k, you have put in a lot of serious miles!

AT: could you lend me that running buddy on days like this? It's so hard to get out into the cold and rain on my own...

QOTD: I can fix some, probably way more than most woman can, but I'm far from being as accomplished as DD or AT. Whenever I moved, I did almost all the fixing up myself (in Europe, it is customary that either the old tenant upon moving out, or the new tenant or new owner fixes up the place, not the seller or the landlord), including tiling a kitchen, installing and plumbing a shower, and ssembling large furniture. I fixed many things on my motorbikes, but never on my cars. I think by that time I had gotten rich and lazy, so I was willing and could afford to have a shop get it done.

Now I'm poor and lazy, so I get DH to do it (and he frequently delegates things either to a shop, or back to me 

Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

Anyone racing?

Run for fun.

moonlightrunner

AT: you do beautiful work. When I was married I enjoyed helping with the finishing of is woodworking. I would never build anything

It requires accurate measurement... not my forte.

FTYC: +1 on a date with a run buddy to get one out for a run. And...my run buddy thought 18 was too long...maybe I will cut it to 12.  Just waiting for DD to get home from work so I can have the rest of my day.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Took a rest day and will again tomorrow.  Working on loosening up and stretching all the tendons on the back of the legs and my lower back.

QOTD: I grew up in a household where we never contracted out or hired anyone to fix or build anything.  As a result I am very mechanically inclined and generally very good with tools.  I figure that given the time and the inclination I can fix or build just about anything Smile  I have done carpentry, made furniture, built boats, repaired all manner of motor vehicles, worked 20 years as an electrician, worked as a welder, worked as a sheet metal worker, worked as an IT guy, programmer, CAD draftsman, and computer tech, and I now build musical instruments as a small retirement business.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

Took a rest day and will again tomorrow.  Working on loosening up and stretching all the tendons on the back of the legs and my lower back.

QOTD: I grew up in a household where we never contracted out or hired anyone to fix or build anything.  As a result I am very mechanically inclined and generally very good with tools.  I figure that given the time and the inclination I can fix or build just about anything Smile  I have done carpentry, made furniture, built boats, repaired all manner of motor vehicles, worked 20 years as an electrician, worked as a welder, worked as a sheet metal worker, worked as an IT guy, programmer, CAD draftsman, and computer tech, and I now build musical instruments as a small retirement business.

TT - Love to see some of your instruments.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Finished up the vehicle repairs. The online Pro mechanics said it should take 2-2 1/2 hours. It took me closer to 4. The fuel gauge works, it runs, I cleared out the check engine codes and the light stayed off so it should be good to go.  Now it's time for a nice run, probably somewhere between 8 - 9 miles.

Moon - I really didn't mind missing the race. I was only going to run it to shut up one of the guys I work with. I was planning on obliterating him. It's a long story about why I feel that way.

AT - I love old houses. I've told DW I'm going to buy one to fix up and she threatened to contact the Divorce Attorney . (She wasn't really serious) The one thing I can't do well is woodworking.

TT - Wow, what a resume

TT - Love to see some of your instruments.

I build a variety of dulcimers and stick dulcimers specializing in light small ones for backpacking and general travel.

Dulcimer

More at https://www.facebook.com/FeatherDulcimer and https://www.etsy.com/shop/FeatherDulcimer

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Brian Runner

Ran a local 10k this morning. Its a half road, half trail course in its 48th year: http://www.briankunkle.com/2014/09/camptown-races-race-report.html