Trailer Trash

Mondailies (Read 28 times)

We ran 5 miles with me carrying a pack with my frame saw and a hatchet.  We stopped and cut some wood which was then carried for the rest of the run.  It was 55 F at the start.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

I am sort of on a mini taper/mental break this week. I have a 50 mile run this weekend. I just want to run easy for the first 20, push a little bit on the second 20, and see what I have left for the last 10. I'll probably run 10 tomorrow and 10 on Wednesday. We'll see.

LB2

runtraildc

Morning.  rest day for me.  I've been fighting round 2 of this virus, won't seem to go away.  I'd almost prefer a bout of flu-- at least its usually over with in a couple of days.  But,  I did manage to put together a rough training plan for a HM in November.  Along the C&O, but it should be at the peak foliage so it'll be pretty.  And it's only 13 miles.    I'm doing what I can to salvage a terrible running year.

TT- it seems you've been hauling out wood on a lot of your runs lately.  Seeing good wood rotting away must be hard to take, especially if you can see an instrument out of it.

qotd:  pass.

DigDug2

Morning, all.  I have a 50k run on Saturday, so plan to just run some easy miles Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday this week.  Felt beat up yesterday after a couple of days of what I thought was medium effort, not too long runs, so I'm going to err on the side of laziness this week.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today, but temperatures look too pleasant to pass up, so maybe I'll run at lunch.

TT - morning wood again.    I looked at your site the other day. You do great work.

dc - hope you feel better.

LB2 and DD2 - good luck with taper week.

QOTD:  Any history buff's?  I watched the first night of  "The Roosevelts" on PBS last night.  Pretty good so far.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

QOTD:  Any history buff's?  I watched the first night of  "The Roosevelts" on PBS last night.  Pretty good so far.

I missed it last night, but I did watch a thing on WWII yesterday morning. Also, I read a book recently by Timothy Egan named "The Big Burn". It is one of the best books I have ever read. It is about Teddy Roosevelt and the huge fire out West at the turn of the century. You should check it out.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I pulled a big fat goose egg this weekend. No running and no biking. Why? I have no idea.  Temps are down so it was perfect for either.  I just felt tired and run down so I didn't do much of anything (other than helping my dad moved some stuff).  It continued to this morning.  Couldn't get myself out of bed.

dc - the way the weather has been going, you might miss peak foliage and be running in winter like weather in November.

QOTD: No much.  I do like History but not enough to consider myself a nerd or buff or anything else.

Have a great Monday!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Got out of work late. Might take a nap, then mow the lawn. After that hopefully a short run of mileage to be determined when I start.

QOTD: I love history from all time periods. So much we could learn from it, if only we would pay attention.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

So my mom calls me last night and wants to know if she can somehow watch that online, because at 2 hours a night for 7 straight days, she thought it was a little overboard.  (I agreed, but I have no desire to watch it either way.)  I suggested breaking out the ol' VCR to record it.  Then I tried to explain that digital recording was like the VCR these days.  Or she could buy it through iTunes.  Anyway, pointless story, but that's what your QOTD made me think of.  And no, I am not a history buff.

And I am running tonight.  Mileage TBD by the hip.

Running is dumb.

Watoni

I am of two minds today .... a crazy August/early September work schedule has me low on miles, but I am also just exhausted from the work schedule. I will see how I feel at lunch and continue to keep it easy.

Over the last five days I have run 4x (even if short) and ridden my bike to the coast once ... On the coast ride Friday I realized I was just shaking from non-cycling fatigue. The last 7 mile climb was interesting to say the least!

The other interesting development is that there have been many more mountain lion sightings due to the drought here. A six-year old boy was attacked at midday only 10-15 feet from a group of adults, and a female mountain lion with cubs was spotted on a trail 2-3 miles from our place last week (I ran on the trail Saturday and they had big signs out once I reached the top of the first big climb) . With fall here avoiding dawn/dusk is hard, but is probably the right thing to do.

Mountain lion with cubs spotted in Wunderlich County Park
                      September 10, 2014, 05:00 AM

A mountain lion and three cubs were reportedly spotted near Woodside Tuesday morning, according to the San Mateo County Office of Emergency Services.

The animals were spotted at about 7:50 a.m. in Wunderlich County Park, county officials said.

People are advised to avoid hiking or jogging when mountain lions are most active — at dawn, dusk and at night — and to keep a close watch on small children on trails.

A 6-year-old boy was mauled by a mountain lion near Cupertino on Sunday but survived after two men intervened and shouted aggressively at the animal, state wildlife officials said.

The boy suffered puncture and scratch wounds but was released from a hospital Monday.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Mondays might become my SRD's since I have switched DS's guitar lessons from Thursday to Monday. And I usually work on Mondays, so except for evenings, there's no time for running. Bummer. I hate having to stick to a schedule. 

Watoni: I love mountain lions, but thinking of that little boy who was attacked makes me sad, too. Just about the age of my youngest DS, can't imagine what that might do to a kid's spirit. Seems that when we are in an area where these wild animals live, we have to do what they do: watch our youngsters very (very!) closely to ensure they don't get harmed.

Mandy: Oh. Now I am a bit discouraged from asking my DD for advice or instruction on anything digital. 

DD1: How about racing the lawnmower through the yard? Just kidding. Have a fun run!

Jamie: Now get yourself out there for a few miles. Just tell yourself, it's just around the block. And once you are out there, you're gonna love it!

AT: I hear you. It's just like when the mountain is calling my name. This is no time to train mental toughness. Just give in.

DD2: Like that plan. What 50k?

traildc: Never too late to turn it around. Hope you'll be feeling better soon again and kick that bug off for good.

LB2: 50 miles sounds like a great run. Hope the weather will cooperate!

TT: Interesting run. I once ran out of water on a hot day and purchased a gallon of water at a gas station, then did the rest of my run lugging that gallon along. Exhausting!

QOTD: Not a buff, expert, or nerd. I just like some aspects of history, mainly social and economic insights. I read a bit about British and European history 1300-1700, know a bit about Austrian history, and learned about American history, especially around 1700-1900. That's about it.

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I'm planning on running after work...did not run this weekend...did walk the dog for about 4 last night.  We had a huge fire 150 acres start about 4 miles from our house.  My husband was a bit nervous and had me packing his collectibles.  Better safe, which we are, than sorry.

QOTD:  I like to learn history through a story about people.  I need to be entertained.  So I enjoy reading personal accounts such as  the book Unbrocken about Louie Zamperini being held in prsion camps.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

I ran 8 this morning since I skipped a few runs this weekend.  It was fine since I was up in central PA visiting family.

Went to the doctor for the results of the MRI on my shoulder.  Good news, just some bad tendentious that they want to treat with NSAIDs and PT.

qotd: I like some historical stuff, but I wouldn't say I'm a history buff.  I did watch "The Roosevelts" last night, pretty good but a bit jumbled in the beginning.  I'm headed to London today so I won't be able to watch any more this week.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL