Trailer Trash

Waylaid Wednesdaily (Read 263 times)

LB2

LB-ass raped?? Yikes!

Northern Harrier:

Hyperbole... but not by too much.

LB2

Sandy-2

I have decided that my ankle isn't going to get better if I keep running on it. Profound, isn't it? I've also decided that lace_up jinxed me because I think it's tendinitis. Although my freezing cold Monday run on the trails here in Norway was totally worth it. It isn't serious and I know a little rest will take care of it.

Anyway, I didn't run yesterday or today. I'm currently waiting for a flight from Oslo to London and I'll be there for a few more days. I'm going to try and resist and not run.

Have a good one Everybody.

qotd: I'll run in any weather... even when I shouldn't (see above).

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Occasional Runner

I have decided that my ankle isn't going to get better if I keep running on it. Profound, isn't it? I've also decided that lace_up jinxed me because I think it's tendinitis. Although my freezing cold Monday run on the trails here in Norway was totally worth it. It isn't serious and I know a little rest will take care of it. Anyway, I didn't run yesterday or today. I'm currently waiting for a flight from Oslo to London and I'll be there for a few more days. I'm going to try and resist and not run. Have a good one Everybody. qotd: I'll run in any weather... even when I shouldn't (see above).

Tendonitis? You should be over that by now. It's probably a stress fracture. Wink

Sorry...I couldn't resist. I hope you get over it soon.

Sandy-2

Tendonitis? You should be over that by now. It's probably a stress fracture. Wink

Sorry...I couldn't resist. I hope you get over it soon.

NO - - - DON'T SAY THAT !!!!! LOL.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Birdwell

John, this morning was a mix of county roads, dirt roads and the paved bike trail through town. I think if I would remember to take a headlight I could follow some double tracks through the sagebrush with relative ease. I may try that on Friday. 

nc tam

URD yesterday and today.  My long run yesterday morphed into a long sit at the peds office with a sick young one (strep again, thankfully because the antibiotics are like magic).  After I was up from 1 to 4 a.m. I bailed on my early morning workout today as well.  Late day at work so there will be no opportunity later.

I envy all of you with the good runs today!

qotd:  Haven't hit a temp that is too low but it almost never gets below 0F here.  I will stay in when temps are at or below freezing and it is foggy or raining.  This happens more often than I would have guessed.  Love being out in the snow though.  High wind will keep me in regardless of the temps.  I just don't enjoy the 'bout-to-be-blown-over feeling.  Don't care for passing through woods with the sounds of large limbs crashing down either.

Have a good afternoon everyone!

eta: I've been tinkering with the route mapping here.  Started wondering if the elevation changes it calculates are close.  And if anyone with a garmin or other gps-thingie has compared their data against the site?  I am technologically deprived and garmin-less for now. 

NorNev

6.5 recovery miles through town in the rain....hazed by an overweight kid that was walking around a middle school track while most others were running, just laughed

QOTD: Probably when vehicles start sliding around the icy roads does it for me 

toyger

majope- yeah, it's nice and mild here in Richmond. The single digit temps I was exposed to were in NYC and MA. And, yikes, you're already experiencing super cold temps. Brrr...

Harrier- I'll let you know. I'm excited I found a group from our swim team that goes every week! Do you remember how hilly it is?  I need more hill training after Bear Creek. Smile Glad to hear your rehab is going well.

FTYC- We have a swim meet coming up, and my events are free and breast, so I worked mostly on these strokes. I hope your big toe is ok!

John- my endurance and speed in swimming are a work in progress. Still have a ways to go. I just experienced night, night (without street lights) running for the first time a couple of weeks ago and loved it. I've been running through the city streets at night, but these runs have been pretty well lit from the street lights. This time a lot of my run was in complete darkness, although there was a nice full moon. I'm planning to alternate more morning and night runs.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Jen

4 miles later with the pooch.

QOTD: I have never skipped a run because of the cold.  It seldom gets below zero F (actual) here though and it doesn't hit that very often.  I actually love cold weather running, at least in weather as cold as it gets here.  At the other end of the scale, I am not crazy about temps at or above 80 F but tough them out.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Wandering Wally

Hey all.  Got 6.2 miles in last night.  I was having a nice time looking at the stars until a bear started chasing me.  I was really afraid I was going to return home sockless, but I made it.  Barely.

qotd - My lower limit is -20F.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

DoppleBock

6 miles of pavement pushing in the sun - 28F

I love sunny lunch runs

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

To me there is a big difference between

-20F and dead calm

and

-20 with 30 MPH winds

There is also a huge difference between 1 hour and 3 or more

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

30 mph winds kill me at any temperature below 50 or so. I did a tough mudder that was a nice balmy 40 degrees but with 30mph sustained winds and was shivering so hard my upper back muscles were sore for a week.

I got in a nice and slow 8 miles today. I have more free time now that school is out so I'm trying to increase my weekly mileage without getting hurt by taking it nice and easy.

I didn't start running until after I moved to Alabama so I have yet to find a temperature that will keep me indoors. Tornadoes warnings will though. 

Pinhoti 100: Finished :D

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

my neck was feeling a little better so I decided a easy 6 miler along the Yellowstone was in order, I'll find out tonight or tomorrow if that was such a good idea- saw a lot of deer today along the river today for some reason, probably  20-25 whitetail and 12-15 mule deer- I usually see a half dozen or so on this route

we typically get a half dozen or so stints of below 0 weather (heck we had one already in November Shocked)- they typically last 2-3 days (occasionally longer)- I usually head to the gym those days and hit the old fashion stairmaster we have, if the sun is shining and the wind nonexistent I'll run below 0 sometimes, but that's the usual line I draw

I agree that the right amount (wrong amount???) of wind can make almost any temperature miserable and unfortunately we get a fair amount of wind here

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Uh oh... now what?

Double posting day?  The afternoon jaunt...

Another attempt gone bad.  I went one way along the bluff trail, immediate supervisor

went some other direction.  A half mile or so later I could see a dorsal fin... uh oh.

Where is she?  Which trail? How far away can she hear the horn (car's not mine, I

don't have a horn)?  Blind guess at which trail she went down.  Unexpected speed

work day.  Zoom, zip, flash, slip, splat, thud.... check for footprints.  I actually do

recognize Cascadia and a certain Saucony print.  Aha!  Flash of red down in the

kettle.  Scream.  Holler---whales!  Whales!!  We head for Partridge Point, almost

pulling every muscle we have 'cause we don't do fast except when there is a chance

to see the big black and white things.

Success is measured by pointing, pausing, gasping... watching.  Orcas.

rgot