Trailer Trash

Thoughtful Thursday (Read 21 times)

LB2

I ran one 3.25 mile loop this morning. I'll run another 6 after work if it all works out.

QOTD: Are you excited about any new running items coming out late spring/early summer?

I am looking forward to the Olympus 2.5. Mainly because that will make the 2.0 go down to a price I am willing to pay.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Good run last night with the Lady on the blue trail at the lake. Grey and chilly (hey mid 50's is chilly now last month it was warm) but perfect for running. Some faster young dude was at the trail head and started just after me. That led to a fast start for me and well paced run as I tried to hold him back. Worked for 1.5 miles. Nice work old man. 7 miles in total just under 69 minutes. Oh, saw an attractive woman trail runner near  the halfway point. Swooshing pony tails.. swoon. Anyway she stopped to adore the Lady and we chatted for a bit and turns out she is crewing/pacing a friend at Mohican this summer. Small ultra world.

Tonight I am looking to get 8-10 miles in at French Creek State Park.

QOTD: Nope. I barely pay attention to gear.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

muppy

4.6 miles around town last night.

QOTD  i'm excited for the new Brooks to come out for the same reason. I get last year's shoes with all my Runners Warehouse gift cards I get on the Black Friday sale.

NHLA

Yard work this morning. Maybe run later

Qotd new Brooks Casedia look interesting

jonferg67

Endless trails

Had a nice little jaunt through the woods this morning, a short run so I made sure I ran

up all the climbs. It was rainy, cool and foggy. Just the right amount of teen movie
            creepiness, and enough visibility to see any bad guys coming at me. The Topo Athletics
            have a much better grip on the wet rocks than the Brooks PurGrit.

QOTD: I too am waiting for the price to go down on the Topo Athletics Terradventure.

Haven't paid attention to other new gear, although I am in need a new 22oz. handheld

as my Nathan's is torn and battered.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Not sure what I will be running tonight.  TBD I suppose.

Jon - how do you like the Topo's? Are they cushioned?

QOTD: Uh...no.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

moonlightrunner

A very nice 5 last night...toe did not hurt much if i was careful...but by the end it did. And today it is worse. I am going to see if i can find some minimalist sandals to run in for a while. It is really screwed up. I will not race this weekend and hope it is better for the next.

Qotd: Nothing brand new that is not out yet. I want a new pair of 5 fingers, the newest trail model. And i need a new bladder for my hydration pack. Im sure there are more things i would love to purchase!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Gator eye

Rest day Thursday for me. Good thing, it's raining cats and dogs.

QOTD: I hear rumors Bell's Beer is coming out with a new IPA. I'm kind of excited, should be a excellent recover drink.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Well didn't run yesterday and have not yet so far.  Plan is gym at lunch and then run the mutts when I get home.  The old man has returned and the trailer is nice.  I got the calendar out and said when are we going to the beach!

QOTD:  NO...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

My run turned into a long run. I was feeling really good and since the weekend forecast is for rain, I kept adding miles and exploring new trails.  Ended up with close to 18 miles.  It was fun exploring, and I hit some big climbs that had me hands-on-knees all the way up.

DD#1's best friend and her hubby have this video and article published about traveling 12,000 miles to National Parks with their dogs in a Eurovan. He's a photographer, so some great shots.  Worth a look if you have time.

QOTD:  Not really. I get attached to my gear and don't like to change when things are working. As an example, I loved the Olympus 1.5's, but with the 2.0's I can never get the laces to feel "right".  I'm also on my last pair of Inov8 TrailRock 255's.  I bought 2 pairs when they discontinued he model, but now my last pair is in use. If I find another good trail shoe, I just might but 5 pairs and hold on to them.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

DigDug2

12 this morning in the rain, 10 at marathon pace - last workout before my road marathon next Sunday, happy to be tapering.

QOTD:  not really - I'm due for some new shorts and Ts, but will just grab whatever at runningwarehouse.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

don't want to jinx myself, but we've been enjoying a great spring- consistent 50 degree highs with lows in the mid to upper 30's- I would take this year round- perfect!!

nice 5-ish miles yesterday evening, 6-7-ish planned for this evening- talking rain later in the day, hopefully light rain

qotd: I see Osprey came out with a new running line of packs, but my Rev's perform admirably so not in rush to replace them. When my stash of PI N3's run out I'll be starting from ground zero with shoes.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

jonferg67

Endless trails

Jon - how do you like the Topo's? Are they cushioned?

I like them quite a bit. I initially got them bc they had the same profile as the Puregrits and to

support a newish brand, but have been pleased. They do have some cushioning, and
                            very light at 8.9oz. I always thought I needed a narrow shoe (Asics for years), but the Topos have

a wide toebox and now I know that's what I need.

I haven't been tracking what other people are wearing but I am curious, maybe we need another

shoe inventory QOTD.

Sandy-2

Did 5 mi at lunch today.  It was hotter than hell (ok it was only 86 deg, with a "feels like" of 90), but it still sucked when the sun was blasting through the humidity.

qotd: not really. I also wait for the new version of my Asics to come out so I can get the older ones on sale.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL