Trailer Trash

Freaky Friday-lies (Read 28 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

After lots of "unexpected" events yesterday (and they still keep coming today), I eventually succeeded in packing my bags, and I'm almost ready to head down to VA for the Massanutten. I'm excited and curious!

DH and the boys will follow later in the day, while DD stays home for some school and dance events. I am looking forward to the Jacuzzi in the hotel room. If there weren't just those 100 miles to run before I get to enjoy it... 

Have a happy weekend, everyone!

Run for fun.

LB2

Have fun, FTYC. I wish I was running a 100 miler this weekend, even though I am totally out of shape for a 100. I'd give it a go anyway.

I'll try to get a few miles this evening. It sure has gotten hot down here already. The humidity is just ridiculous.

QOTD: Do you have any big plans for the summer?

We have no travel plans this summer. We do plan a trip to the north Georgia mountains in October, though. I am looking forward to that. I am still suffering from withdrawals after my trip to New Mexico 3 weeks ago.

LB2

dpc3

I'll try to work something in during the work day and to work off the stadium hotdog and beer I'll have tonight with the boys baseball team. We are headed to a Triple-A game in town.

Have a good one all and all the best to those of you racing.

QOTD: Arrival of our 3rd and plan on getting the 2 older kids out of the house and into the mountains for some fishing and camping all summer.

Sandy-2

Good luck FTYC!!!!  Have fun!!!!

qotd: no, just enjoy the sights and fun of living overseas.  Oh yeah, and training for my big run in Sept.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

muppy

Got in 5.2 road miles last night. It was one  those runs where you're not happy running bubble the whole time.

Good luck couch at MMT!

QOTD We are doing a long weekend this weekend. Going to the  Phillies game tonight, and New Hope (it's an artsy fartsy type of town in Bucks County PA) Sunday and who knows what tomorrow.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

4.5 last night in the hood.  I have hit more miles in the first half of May than all of April.  Progress...

Couch - GL.  Can't wait to hear all about your adventure.  Your family sure if getting used to the whole crew thing at these hundreds.

QOTD: No not really.  Too much money was sunk into house things that we are not doing a big vacation. Probably day trips and we have a pool pass for the summer so lots of pool time for the kids.

Have a great weekend! (go couch go! )

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Happy happy Friday...my dog Jack is so happy.. I wish I woke up jumping in the air on all fours and wagging my tail.    I did get up and prepared one of my garden boxes.  No run but will do the lunchtime 5 today, as long as the rain holds out which looks like it is.

QOTD:  I have a 50 miler run planned for this summer; my first.  There is an Allore family reunion in Michigan I plan to attend...it's with all the cousins so it should be cool.  Haven't seen them in years.

DCTrail:  The Cascadia are on their way.  Hope you got yours, seems they had more sizes on Friday because they didn't have mine in blue on Tuesday but did on Friday.

Good Luck Couchie girl!!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

I should be able to get out for either a bike ride or a longish run later today, at least I'm hoping to. Got a long list of things that need to be done and can't be pushed off until tomorrow.

FTYC - Good luck at MMT

LB2 - I've been down that way  in early part of June. My uncle always discouraged us from coming in the summer because it gets so miserable. Funny thing is every time we get down there it's cooler and less humid than PA.

dpc3 - I find that double-A and triple-A  games are almost just as good as the majors and the food at the parks are often much better.

Queen -  So Jack doesn't have to go to work and deal with a boss, he gets to run the trails with a wild woman, then can plop down and sleep it all off, after someone else feeds him.  If I could do that I'd be happy to get up every morning to!!!

QOTD: Spending about a week in Eastern Tennessee the end of this month into June. Lots of biking, hiking, taking in a few shows and riding the rides at Dollywood. A little bit of everything.  Then In August we will spend a few days relaxing in Northern Pa before I do The Call of the Wilds. In October we'll head out to Michigan to visit with relatives for several days.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So true..

Queen -  So Jack doesn't have to go to work and deal with a boss, he gets to run the trails with a wild woman, then can plop down and sleep it all off, after someone else feeds him.  If I could do that I'd be happy to get up every morning to!!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

rode the bike to work and strength trained this evening

FYTC- best of luck!

qotd: I try to squeeze a lot into a summer - several races on the slate and several backpacking trips as well, but work always seem to get in the way of my fun!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √