Trailer Trash

Humpdaily (Read 16 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning all!  Have been elk hunting the last couple of days; racking up some good miles, but no elk.  Going to take today as a rest day.

qotd: Thanksgiving plans?  If weather is decent, my DD and family will come over here, weather not so decent- just DW and myself.  I will be hunting those last four days (unless I get lucky this weekend )

this is not an elk Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Short run yesterday and spent the rest of the day painting out BR.  I love old houses until it's time to paint all that trim.  Looks good, so DW's happy.  Lunch meeting today, so no run unless I get out tonight under the moonlight.

warden - That little lady (?) is saying "you looking at me".

QOTD: Early "Turkey Trot" with a couple of friends and then to my brother's house in Baltimore for turkey and Football. From there we drive to Chincoteague for rest of weekend.

Yesterday's QOTD - 2016 went well for me. Stayed healthy, won a 24hr event (only because I managed the heat better than the faster runners) and had great time at Trailfest.  In 2017 I'm thinking of doing a 48hr event and still really hope a Montana trip works out.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

14.2 miles along the riverfront path in Harrisburg.  It's kind of surreal, on the one side you have old historic houses with beautiful architecture and the other side you have a  Great view of the river with homeless people sleeping on every bench and under the bridges. Very sad!

QOTD  i'm running a local 5K in the morning and we are having the family over for dinner.

LB2

I ran 3.2 this morning, nothing particularly special.

QOTD: We have family coming over. Then, we will go to my parents' that afternoon. I hope to have a deer in the freezer by then. Our gun season opens Saturday.

AT: A win is a win. Managing the heat (or cold) is all part of it.

LB2

Sandy-2

Bathroom project is done, although I have some touch-up to do on some of the painting.  I normally do the painting but due to lack of time we hired a guy to do it.  I'm kinda picky about painting (some might say anal?), so I'll do some touch-up on his work (I guess you get what you pay for since he was 'very reasonable').  Anyway. . .   it turned out very nicely and by doing some stuff myself and scaling back some other stuff, we did it for less than 1/4 of the original quoted all-in-re-do price.

I'm planning on doing 5 mi after work today.

qotd:  I go to London this weekend and have to be there for a few days, then on Wed I'll hightail it home.  If travel isn't too much of a nightmare, and Dulles isn't too bad Wed evening, I'll be home around midnight Wed night.  Then the kids are coming over for Thanksgiving day.  My DD and I are planing some runs, but she hurt her shoulder at the gym the other day so we may have to scale back the mileage a bit.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

qotd from yesterday: a very successful year for me- I did 7-8 races and have for the most part moved from a back of the packer to a mid packer 

2017- will do the Bob Open again (God willing) and hoping we can pull off a September get together on Glacier National Park!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

NHLA - hope the fires are staying far away from you. Looks like they are making progress in pushing them back.

This is near South Mountains SP

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I stayed in bed this morning instead of running.  Maybe I will get out tonight, then again maybe not.

AT - at first I saw the pic and thought what a great sunrise (or sunset) and then realized what it really was.  

Muppy - I run there a lot in the summer.  I see so many homeless in the warmer months.  It breaks my heart.  I often will run the Capital Greenbelt and when you follow that back past penndot, there are "trails" - leading to where there used to be a village of sorts for the homeless.  A few years back the authorities disbanded it.  I think some may still be back there.  One of these days I am going to buy a munch of Subway gift cards to hand out on my runs.

QOTD: Having somewhere around 15-20 family over.  We have been hosting most years for our family.  It's nice but a lot of work.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Hi all, no run yet today but yesterday was mostly cross-training with yoga and only a short, fast run in which my garmin did not lock into a satellite and was way off pace and distance.  There I was, running much, much faster than I usually do, and the pace just keeps getting slower and slower to almost a fast walking pace.  I passed a mile marker that I knew and stopped.  It was fun comparing with real map with the garmin upload.  Never had that happen so significantly before. Maybe I need to run without a GPS for a break.

qotd: No firm plans yet as we're considering a last minute cape hatteras trip. If it doesn't come to a concrete plan in the next day or two, we're taking up an invite to friends. I make the pie, they do everything else. 

Daydreamer1

Going to head to the gym later this afternoon or early evening.  Either yesterday's run or the prior day's bike ride got my hip pain all fired up. It's the worst it's been that I can ever remember.  Going to have to start researching the possible causes and what exercises to try.

Warden - Looks like she's getting a good description of you and your location. Most likely reporting directly back to the elk on your position, direction of travel and speed.  Nothing like a good advance scout .  BTW. Nice spotting scope.

About the homeless -  Next time say Hi to George and his wife, Terry, Spider and John for me .   Kind of miss those guys as dumb as that may seem.  Never had much problems dealing with the homeless down there. Some of them are really nice people when their minds are working halfway right.  People hate to see the tent cities set up under the bridges but as long as those are there they have somewhere to go and don't seem to be in the bus station and on the rive rwalk benches quite as much.

QOTD: Work Wed. night and Thursday night. DW and the kids will be off so we will probably grill up some chicken in the afternoon before I head to work.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run for me just ummm because...didn't sleep well last night and then in the morning can't wake up.    I am ok with that because of my heel but I feel bad for the dogs.

QOTD:  Waiting to see...maybe camping at the beach...otherwise hanging at home doing chores...we are selling our house in the spring (that is also one of the reasons I may scale back on running).

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Howdy!  I got nothing.  Just wanted to say hi.  Someday I'll run again.  I hope.

QOTD: We leave Friday for California.  First stop: the Sierra Nevada since it's still snow free out there.  We have some good day hikes planned; I don't have a warm enough bag to sleep at 10,000+ feet in November.  We'll camp lower outside of Lone Pine.  Second stop: Death Valley National Park.  Thanksgiving will be spent at Bighorn Gorge.  The days before we'll backpack the Cottonwood-Marble canyon loop.  I'll be glad not to be at home talking politics with the relatives!

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

I'll be glad not to be at home talking politics with the relatives!

We have a very strict "No Politics" rule for Holidays.  Brother and oldest sister are far Right, youngest sister is far Left and I'm normal in the middle. Also don't talk about my running since , as I've heard several time, "I don't even like to drive ____ miles".

Have a great trip.

AT-runner

Tim

...we are selling our house in the spring (that is also one of the reasons I may scale back on running).

Old man won?

So you "gonna be livin' in a van down by the river" or has he picked a spot for you?

Queen of Nothing

Sue

He didn't win since I am up for moving again.  We are going to buy a airstream and travel for awhile before deciding again.  I still have one more year to work so if house sales may be living in trailer until I retire.

Old man won?

So you "gonna be livin' in a van down by the river" or has he picked a spot for you?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄