Trailer Trash

Merry Monday (Read 16 times)

runtraildc

Morning trailers!  Got it just under 4 yesterday at the hottest part of the day--85 and humid- which made for very slow miles.  Foot is slightly better, so I'm hopeful.  AT-- thanks for the advice. The results were inconclusive so I think the diagnosis is 'impatient hypochondriac'. Anyone else here with that problem?

qotd:  With all that's in the news lately, I cannot do anything serious today.  So, what's your latest netflix (or like) addiction right now?  I got the Deadwood series from the library last week so that's what we've been watching. It is as good as I remembered.

Gator eye

After a 4 day break from running due to just a perfect storm of stuff getting in the way, I did 4 with Mr. Jangles dropped him off due to heat and I finished up with another 6 solo.

QOTD: I got a bench swing under a shade tree that I've been holding down during latest heat wave.

LB2

Today is an SRD, and it is also the first official day of training for Cajun Coyote in December if I decide to run it. I have put together a weekly training schedule all the way up to the race, but I am going to re-evaluate the mileage to time. I've done that with marginal success in the past, but I always seem to go back to miles as the primary metric for training.

QOTD: My latest thing is sort of weird. I have been re-working a lawn mower. Oddly, I find a great deal of relaxation in the process of making it work correctly. When I got it, it only had about 45 hours on it and had been sitting up. My neighbor bought a new one because he couldn't get it working, so he came by and said he would give it to me if I wanted to try to get it fixed. Free lawn mower that runs but has a belt/pulley issue? Yes, Thanks. After a couple of belts and some thinking, she is cutting like a new one. She can be a little touchy at times, but once you know what she likes, she does fine. Saved me about $2000 because I needed a new one anyway.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Rest day today and tomorrow, and the next day, and so on until Friday or Saturday.

Mohican 100 went well. Things can always can go better but I am not going to dwell on that. Finish time 25:16, 25th place I believe. Not sure how many finishers. About 250 registered for the 100. Pretty much a perfect day for a summer 100 miler. I will put some more words together today or sometime this week.

QOTD: Midsomer murders.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning all. Had a good weekend, bagged Casey Peak Saturday morning, ~ 13 miles w/ 3500' of gain. Ankle felt pretty good Sunday so got in easy 5-ish miles, ankle is a little sore, but think I'm on the mend finally 

bike to work, strength training this evening

qotd: just finished up the latest season of Peaky Blinders- excellent, but am in withdrawal now 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Woke up with a food hangover from Father's Day.  We experimented with a beef brisket on the smoker. WOW it was pretty good. Had the nice smoke ring and everything. Ate way too much and DD#2 made me cookies, so had to have desert on a full belly.

Nice run on the AT. Only saw a few thru hikers. Things are slow now, but the SOBO's are starting to make it to my neck of the woods so might pick up in a week or so.

XT - Nice job. Can't wait for the RR.

Warden - I never get tired seeing your pictures.

QOTD:  Watched two seasons of "Catastrophe" which was pretty funny.  On TV, I'm into "Penny Dreadful" on Showtime. Well written and the acting is very good.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

AT-runner

Tim

AT-- thanks for the advice. The results were inconclusive so I think the diagnosis is 'impatient hypochondriac'. Anyone else here with that problem?

Maybe impatient, but doubtful on the hypochondriacal part.  I think runners listen to their bodies more, so know when things aren't working properly. So maybe  'obstinately impatient' is better. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Don't know if I'll get in a run or not. It was a miserable weekend at work. Just got home dead tired, want to go away tonight with DW so not sure if there is time for a nap and run.

QOTD:  Right now the only thing I can think of that I'm addicted to is bitching about work .

LB2 - What's so weird about fixing up a lawnmower? I thought that's what good old southern boys did in their spare time, fix things with baler wire, Duck tape and drink beer .  Besides, if fixing up a lawnmower qualifies for weird, what does restoring a '97 truck do for me?

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A nice 16 on the AT yesterday.  Only saw 3 thru hikers but I purposely started out super early and made sure if I was going to hit them, it was late in the run.  I don't like sneaking up on them.  I figure I am out there using their trail (kind of).

Then this morning, like 2am morning, I wake up feeling sick.  I actually made it to work but no run today.  I think I may have had some bad pizza.

QOTD: Nothing really...just counting down the days to vaca.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So did not run this weekend but when you have a house full of guess you do run around a lot.  Did not run this am as wanted to put the house back together a bit.  Gym at lunch and maybe run after work.

QOTD:  We turned off the TV a few months back.  I did get the new orange is black from the library but now I am on the waiting list to get season 2.

Gator eye:  Smart man!

Xtrteme Taper:  Nice job XT!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

I like your way of thinking.  Great way to describe runners.

Maybe impatient, but doubtful on the hypochondriacal part.  I think runners listen to their bodies more, so know when things aren't working properly. So maybe  'obstinately impatient' is better. 

LB2

LB2 - What's so weird about fixing up a lawnmower? I thought that's what good old southern boys did in their spare time, fix things with baler wire, Duck tape and drink beer .  Besides, if fixing up a lawnmower qualifies for weird, what does restoring a '97 truck do for me?

I guess the only weird thing is that I find it relaxing. Usually, when I am having to "fix" something, I lose my patience. For some reason, I really enjoyed working on this thing. Fixing a '97 truck would probably be fun, too.

LB2

Sandy-2

Once again I'm really busy at work this week.  This is getting bad !!!

The PF is feeling much better, but I'm still resting it a bit.  I'm really trying to squelch that "impatient" thing you guys are talking about !!!!  LOL.  I'm going to give it a few more days before I run on it.  I'll do that f'ing stationary bike after work today.

Great job XT.

qotd:  We get international versions of CNN and the BBC here, but I go crazy watching them after a while.  They also show re-runs of the Big Bang Theory (in English with Korean sub-titles) so we've been watching that.  We also watch some stuff on Netflix, but nothing steady, just random stuff.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

After 12 straight days, i needed a rest day.

QOTD: catching up on the Shannara books, not the TV show.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.