Trailer Trash

Throwback Thursdaily (Read 32 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got in a short trail run yesterday afternoon in the HHH on the way back from a meeting for work.  I could be wrong but I think I passed a hearing impaired man.  He was coming towards me so he saw me but never voiced anything and by his wave I got the impression that he had no hearing.  I don't know for sure but it got me to thinking.  A lot of MTBers use those trails and that could be disastrous.

QOTD: Inspired by Sandy's picture from yesteryear, I am curious if anyone still has any items from their childhood?

Other than pictures, I don't have much.  But I have a WWII hat from my grandfather he gave me when I was young, a few years before he died.  I think I also have some newspaper clippings from articles on Michael Jordan from back in the day when I was obsessed with him and basketball.  But otherwise I try hard not to keep stuff too long.

Have a great day!

Edit: I almost forgot.  Go get em Kelly @ Leadville.  Get that 5th buckle!!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

We're really socked in with smoke here, air quality health warning issued for most of Western Montana- we have several fires going, but most of the smoke is coming from Washington and Idaho. Biked to work, but don't think I'll run- maybe strength train at the gym

qotd: lots of old photos, no heirlooms that I can think of

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

You should have name this Tired Thursdaily. Oh wait, "tired" was used up on Tuesday if i remember right. At this point I'm too tired to think. Heading off to bed for a quick nap.

DS and I have scheduled a showdown tonight. A 7.4 mile road run. If he shows up I'll have to kick his tail .

QOTD: Books. I rarely throw any kind of book away.  My first shotgun. Unfortunately it's not in good shape because it was a cheap one.  I'm sure there are a few other items I can't think of that are sticking around.  While I didn't get it until after my grandfather died I do have his Sunday go to Meeting hat. He had it for many years. If you wonder what's different about that, well just picture a old black Mennonite style hat.

runtraildc

Got in an amazing 5.5 miles along Jenny lake here in grand Teton.  Had to wait until afternoon though, until they handled a bear problem, unfortunately.  Scared a teenager by coming up to her group, breathing hard and apparently sounding like a bear.  Don't know what that says.

mtwarden- smoke has been building down here and today is the worst so far.  Can barely see the mountains across the lake.

have a good day trailers!

NHLA

12 miles  to Tranquility Place.

QOTD   Dad had a box of keepsakes for each child We got them when he passed. Mine had a track medal from 9th grade.

Gator eye

6 easy in the warm rain this morning.

QOTD: My wife.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Had to work early and then stay late, until it was too late to run before having to taxi the kids around. And now it's raining cats and dogs. Maybe I'll get out later, but it's not looking good.

Jamie: He might be used to doing the trail thing his own way, and just look out really carefully.

warden: Imported pollution. Better leave the bike for a few days and drive instead?

DD1: I hear you. Feeling the same tired here today.

traildc: Sounds just fun. Better than the rain here, anyways.

NHLA: Nice miles!

Gator: It was magical this morning, warm and humid, but dry here. I wished I could have been out for a run!

QOTD: I had lots of pictures, and a golden necklace, but when moving back and forth between America and Europe dragged on endlessly, most of my stuff got thrown out, and then I lost a lot with moving around here, too. So now I have just a handful of pictures somewhere buried in storage. I am the woman without a past, as I've also lost all of my digital pictures of the last 15 years due to a simultaneous hard drive and backup failure, unrecoverable damage. Don't they always say you should live here and now, anyway?

Run for fun.

Watoni

Got out this morning for a ride to test my new cycling shoes I have been looking forward to for a long time -- maybe need to tweak the cleat position. Goal of getting in a flattish 7 (gulp) on non-technical horse trails around the hood (after doing 3 miles and hitting some short steep climbs and revisiting some of the roots where I blew my ankle out in the first place on Tuesday). Another mountain lion spotting out here, this time on the road I cycle on all the time ....

Kick ass Kelly! I had to roll over my entry to next year, but say hi to Ann Trason, ok?

QOTD: I have my teddy bear that I passed on to my son, who loves it still, a picture and some keepsakes from my dad.

AT-runner

Tim

Drove to York , PA this morning to have late breakfast with our DS who flew into Baltimore and was heading to Watkins Glen, NY for a Phish concert. Dropped of some liquid supplies for him.  Then DW and I went to Lake Redman and ran an 8 loop in some steamy conditions. We were supposed to do an 11 mile figure 8, but storms were moving in and we made it back just before the lightning started.  It was not a good run as we could hear cars on Interstate 83 most of the time and very few nice views of the lake. The sound of cars really kills it for me on the trails.

QOTD:  A Farrah Fawcett poster that I just can seem to throw out.  Yes, the one with the red bathing suit.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I ran 5 before daylight.

QOTD: Several guns and maybe a turkey call or two.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

We're really socked in with smoke here, air quality health warning issued for most of Western Montana- we have several fires going, but most of the smoke is coming from Washington and Idaho. 

Yup. I have been in Idaho for the past 4 days and it gets worse every day. Out of the high stuff and back to a car camping site late yesterday with aspirations of doing  some trail running at a trailhead just down the road but I just felt so whacked out by the bad air that I shelved that idea. It is bad here (Stanley, Salmon area). While still bad I did manage a couple hours this morning.

Warden--I am in the Super 8 in Salmon again and I have some unfinished business down the road at Bertrams Brew Pub.  

Nice to be in an airconditioned room and out of the smoke finally.

QOTD--Nothing except a couple firearms handed down and an old coin collection.

some call me Tim

5 at goal effort today.. Right on track. Vert for the 50k is under 2000ft- I think I might be able to get under 4. We'll see.

Good luck Kelly!

QOTD: I used to keep it to a shoebox, but I guess I have more now- family heirloom china, stuff my kids made for me, old love letters from a past rewritten, beautiful music from projects that collapsed... Happy shit, you know Big grin

moonlightrunner

Waiting for one last provider who needs some settings changed in the computer...then I am out to the State park for a run. Time is ticking....and still I wait.

Qotd: I have too many sentimental things! I just can't throw then away. My grandmother hooked rugss. She dyed her own wool, effortlessly shaded and blended the wools in to beautiful art...problem is...it is not something I like to decorate with. So it sits...and waits for someone to love it for what it is rather than who made it.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

Did 5 mi in the pouring rain this morning.  Just me and a couple of Ajumma's out there this morning. The rain cooled things off quite a bit so it was an ok run.  Just wished that I could have gone back to bed afterwards instead of having to go to work.... a great dreary day for sleeping in.

lace_up, go get that 3rd finish of the Slam.  You know the LT100 trail very well and you know what to do.  (Also....  Go Liza!!!, She's from TX by the way.)

qotd:  Funny, the photo I posted yesterday was from a 'throwback Thursday' post my DD posted on FB a month or so ago.  I have a couple of representative memento-type things from my Mom and Dad, old hand tools, photos, tea cup, etc. but not much, we tend to like to get rid of clutter.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

A slow 6.3 mile recovery run.

QOTD: My favorite keepsake/heirloom is a handmade quilt my grandmother made and gave me over 60 years ago.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.