Trailer Trash

Thanksgiving-daily (Read 32 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Happy Thanksgiving trailers.  Ran 4 fast (for me) miles on the road today.  A bit slippery out from our snow, but fun (for a road run).

XT - Are you running Dirty Bird on Sunday.  DW and I signed up, and will be there.  I've only run the Double Trouble at FC Park, so this should be some new trails for us. Park

QOTD:  Favorite part of the day - Food, Friends, Family or Football?  (name food item or team you are rooting for).

Pecan Pie

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

some call me Tim

Happy Thanksgiving! Important business first:

qotd: I like people and all but-

turkey. I spent some time encouraging my mom to brine the bird and I have high hopes. She often cooks it dry, but it's a delicate thing, telling your ma how to cook.

Anyway, I got in an hour on the road this cold, calm morning. It was nice to have decent footing, and if it didn't immediately resolve my issues, I have a better sense for what's going on- lots of soft tissue work ahead but nothing's busted.

moonlightrunner

I will run later today..really... I will. It is a certainty I will consume waaayyy too much! So run...I must.

I am a foodie. Eating food with my family...even better. We will watch football...it is a family tradition to watch The Lions lose (occasionally in spectacular fashion) on Thanksgiving.

Favorite food? I love it all. I guess turkey and cheesecake are my favorite...but I want what goes with it too. Everyone have a great day!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Uh oh... now what?

Humongous T-day message posted -- hope everyone is safe and warm and have some trails to enjoy.

Will do laps on the ferry looking for whales as we cross to America.

Favorite part of the day --

Cooking, but avoiding today by visiting a brother-in-law, baked bread/muffins yesterday;

Family -- phone calls are done, all are a long way away;

Sports --  ratz... will be on the road back to the ferry when the Seahawks/fortywhatzits play.

NorthernHarrier

Did a road run this morning on the 6.2 mile loop at the Arb. Roads were extremely slick and was wishing I wore screw shoes. Stayed upright and actually pushed the pace a little where I could. Yesterday I broke trails in the Arb following our little snowstorm, nice run but tiring. Now it's time to be a slug, do the family gig, overeat, watch sports, and have a number of beers. I am up for that!

QOTD--Food and sports. Sports today will be a Badger basketball game vs. Georgetown on between football games. That trumps the NFL unless the Packers are on.

Daydreamer1

Yawn, just crawled out of bed. Now it's time to head out for a nice run. Probably looking at 7+ miles. DW just headed off to work and both the kiddos ended up being home so after the run I'll throw some chicken on the grill. The turkey is sitting in a bucket of brine waiting for Saturday when we are all home together.

QOTD: Years ago it used to to be family. Now DW's family has all moved to other states,  my family doesn't get together anymore because of a brother's actions. For me it kind of ruins the day and I would just as soon treat it as just another day.  The food is nice, but I'll make the same type of meal anytime of the year.  Football is nice, but since I don't have TV service it's difficult to watch. Of all the teams that are playing today my favorite is the Eagles.

Oh, the best part of the day?  The double time and half that I and DW get for working on it.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Lazy morning. Up about 7 but didn't get out to run until 11:30 even though my 11 mile run would mean I'd miss most of the first half of the Bears game. This is the first Thanksgiving in memory that I've celebrated alone since the family I customarily spent it with moved. I find I don't really miss it. There was always a lot of underlying tension that politics might come up in discussion.

QOTD: Favorite part of the day are the food, either sirloin tips in Teriyaki marinade or Chicken Korma this year, and watching football. Both my favorite teams, Da Bears and the Eagles, play today. I can always hope that at least one of them will win.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  Got a nice 6-ish in the hills, about 6" of snow so it slowed things down considerably, but a good run nonetheless.

qotd: eating and then eating more and after some relaxation, get up and eat just a little more Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! DD and I fixed most dishes except for the turkey, stuffing and gravy for the Thanksgiving table last night, then we got up at 4 a.m. and drove to my DH's family to finish the foods and have everyone over for dinner. No run today, but maybe a run tomorrow, at home again. Which means I will switch an opportunity to run in mild weather here in MD for a 6-inch snow run at freezing temps back home in PA. I should have given in to my flesh's desires and packed my running gear! QOTD: family. I love the food, including preparing it, but I look forward most to having all family around, and catching up and having fun. Says the solitude-seeking introvert...

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Hi everyone, hope everything went well with your turkey-fests.

Did 5 miles after work today. Stayed on the flats.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL