Trailer Trash

Sunny Sundaily! (Read 23 times)

Occasional Runner

It's a perfect fall day in northern Utah. I did my usually Sunday routine and ran 6 miles to the gym, did a core workout and then grabbed the wife and dog for some trail miles. It was awesome. All of it. Now I plan be lazy for the rest of the day.

I received my invitation to run the Brazil 135 in January. I'm pretty excited about that because it's not easy to get invited to that race. This year, the race is being stretched to 175 miles. Brazil is going to be a BLAST!!

QOTD: Are you a football fan? College or pro?

I've never been able to get into watching sports on TV. Following a specific team, or even a sport, seems like too much effort with too little reward. When I see how fanatical some people are, I wonder how that happens. They're fully invested in something that seems kinda meaningless to me. I guess I just don't understand the draw.

runtraildc

Hi all!  Got in just under 8 yesterday.   5 miles of tempo on the flat biker-hiker trail and another few miles on the trails, which included some flooded sections, so thus my creek crossings.  Wet feet don't bother me, but I hate soggy shoes.  Thankfully, I found a pair of DS sport slides in the car to change into for the ride home.  Which also included a happy hour stop with friends.  Best kind of running day.

qotd:  No.

Watoni

Took the 6am flight from Salt Lake, out at 9am to ride "over the hill" for the 25th anniversary of our cycling group. I felt good on the climbs and lead the way. Going to play tennis with my 10-year old now and then to the party for the "Over the Hill Gang" later this pm

QOTD: I watch football now and again, but do not have TV really. Not a "fan" in that sense.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Great news about Brazil, Kelly!  I'm really looking forward to the photos from that one!

9 mile trail run for me.  Longest run so far post-op.  I run up the hills now.    Averaged around a 11mm for the run, which is way speedy for me on the trail.

QOTD: Go Pack Go!  I love football.

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

9 partly sunny miles over the mountain. I was having a blast.

Kelly: sounds great with the Brazil 135. Looking forward to reading about your impressions.

Traildc: wet shoes become especially uncomfortable when they get cold on the way home!

Watoni: what a day!

Mandy: that's about top speed on my trails - on the non-technical sections.

QOTD: not a football fan for the sport. But I like football weekends because our town is controlled by college football, and a game weekend means crazy, absolutely insane days at work, and lots of fun there with the co-workers about the craziness. Desaster on the roads with football traffic, though. I have been to some games, college and high-school (DD plays in the marching band), and that was fun, but I'm not a fan of any team. I just like the atmosphere.

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

Got in 7.4 miles on the dirt roads around the house. A little bummed because today was Blues Cruise 50k which I planned to run but decided not to due to my ankle issue. At least I never signed up for it so I didn't lose any money.

Lace - Congrats on the invite. Instead of dodging moose and cougars you'll be dodging Caimans and Anacondas.

Mandy - Glad to hear your able to increase the mileage.

QOTD: I'm a sports fan in general. I rarely watch it on TV and I prefer Soccer with football a close second. Football has some incredible athletes who have some insane workout regimens. I'm not really a fan of any particular team, I just like to see a good game when I do watch it and it doesn't really matter if it's college or pro.

The biggest thing I can't stand is the fat, slobbish fans who can barely walk a hundred yards without getting out of breath, yet feel the need to belittle the players when they make a mistake or don't play very well.

DigDug2

Easy 13 today on a nice big trail loop - awesome weather, felt like the first day of fall with temps in the low 40s to start and lots of leaves on the ground.  Planning to run the Grand Canyon out and back next Sunday, so taking it easy until then.

Mandy:  nice job on the longer run.

QOTD:  like DD1 I'm a general sports fan, so I follow the travails of the Jets and Giants on NY sports radio and catch the highlights from the big games each week, but I'm not a fan of any team and I find football unwatchable with all of the downtime between plays.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

a very tough 23 miles today, 7.5 hours - about 7500' of gain (bagged two peaks in the Elkhorns) and about 8 miles off trail consisting almost entirely of talus/scree; I'll be a sore pup tomorrow!

qotd: college football, no pro- U of Montana Grizzlies- usually make a couple of games a season, the others I watch on tv

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

A good 10 miles this morning.  It was in the upper 50's and nice, actually pushed the pace a bit.

qotd: I like watching football (college or pro), but it doesn't rule my weekend that's for sure.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

DigDug2

MT:  beautiful views but that terrain looks brutal.