Trailer Trash

Where's the Fridaily? (Read 13 times)

6.6 yesterday, SRD today, working a half day, TGIF!

QOTD: I need a new GPS watch.  Needs battery life > 12 hours but not HR or bells and whistles.  Do you use a GPS watch?  Which one, and do you like it?

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

runtraildc

Good morning. Got in 3 sluggish miles in 80+ degrees and humidity. (Sandy and LB, I have no idea how you do it as I know it is much worse where you are!). It was not enough, so I'm going to get in a few more treadmill miles at the gym. 95 forecast for later, and then we leave for MN, where it will be cooler. I've already scoped out a few new parks near my in-laws that I have not run.

qotd: I have an old Garmin 110, which they don't make anymore, but I've replaced thru Garmin when 2 others have died. It works for me since I only really use the tracking, and don't need a long battery life. The heart monitor is around the house somewhere.

AT-runner

Tim

Ladies day, so far around here.

Gatsby - how many birds do you have, and are they caged or free to roam the house?

DC - hows DH and your FIL holding up? Good luck, never easy.

Plan is to run 2 miles on flat surface tomorrow and see how the knee feels. I'm supposed to stay away from hills for 4 weeks (almost impossible in my area).  Overall pain is down, but when sitting at my desk, I feel tightness behind the knee.  Feels better moving than being still.

Saw good baseball game last night in Baltimore. Hot as hell, but cool beverages helped.

QOTD:  I have a Garmin 910XT.  It's lasted 24 hours for me. Don't use it unless I want to map out a section of trail or for a race.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice 7 miles this morning with the mutts and my young friend Jennah.  We have been smoked out the last week from the Mariposa fire but this morning was cool and clean.

QOTD:  I have Garmin 25 which I like, it's simple but battery life is 8 hours...

AT:  Continues to be a ladies day.....

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

AT:  Continues to be a ladies day night .....

runtraildc

FIL passed away (peacefully and with family) on Wednesday. The service is on Monday so we're heading out that way tomorrow for a week.

DC - hows DH and your FIL holding up? Good luck, never easy.

AT-runner

Tim

FIL passed away (peacefully and with family) on Wednesday. The service is on Monday so we're heading out that way tomorrow for a week.

Sorry to hear.   Safe travels.

LB2

Sorry about your father in law, DC.

I ran a little over 16 muggy miles this morning. I hit every gear I have, more than once. I am really focusing on running these long runs like I will run the race. It took 3:05 to go 16.25, which is fine. I think it was 11:27 or so per mile, not bad with some walking in there with a couple of stops.

QOTD: I don't have one. Sorry.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

dc- sorry to hear of the passing of your father in law, thankfully it was peaceful

4.5 on the trails early- done before sunrise and a pleasant upper 50's vs this afternoon which will climb into the 90's as it has all month- if this doesn't end up as the warmest July on record here I'm prepared to my hat 

I'm also slowly prepping myself for the biggest beast of a workout that I received in an email from the maker of my hunting pack (Stone Glacier) doing two sets of 75 yards of lunges (I did two sets of 50 yards on Tuesday and legs and glutes still sore)

qotd: I use my iPhone 6 with a app called Gaiagps- it turns your phone into a fully functioning gps replete with topo maps, full tracking, the ability to make routes beforehand and mark waypoints. No cell reception required, it relies totally on satellites just like a "regular" gps- all for $20. With nonstop tracking about 24 hours of battery life (with the phone in airplane mode). I no longer carry a gps in the backcountry, just my phone (and a paper map and compass!)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Ran a lot today. First to the running store for socks, then to Dicks for KT tape, (running store didn't carry it anymore ), then to Wendy's for a baked potato and chili, from there to the grocery store, a discount food store, then the Stihl dealer for parts for the weedeater, capped it off with a stop for ice for tomorrow.  Good thing the BMW was up to all that running .

I'll probably do a short 5.1 mile run/walk to get the legs loosened up for tomorrow.   I hope it's not quite this hot and humid. Right now it's 91 degrees with a humidity of 63%. Not stifling but not nice to run either.

DC - Sorry for your loss.

QOTD: I currently have a Polar M400. The HRM is a little too finicky for me but I can deal with that.  My biggest disappointment at this time is with the battery life. I really don't know what it's maximum is yet, but on my 3-4 hour jaunts it shows that it's almost at 25% so I'm expecting only to get about 5-6 hours out of it. I'll let you know how it works out after tomorrow.

Ladies day, so far around here.

Gatsby - how many birds do you have, and are they caged or free to roam the house?

AT - We have 2 African grey parrots and a blue and gold macaw.  They're in cages over night and when we're out, but they are generally out otherwise.  BTW, it's always ladies day here.  You just don't realize it. 

RunTrailDC - Sorry to hear about your FIL.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR