Trailer Trash

WTF - where’s the Mondaily? (Read 17 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers! (or afternoon if you’re on the East Coast ).  Like Little Siberia here- just north of us (80 miles) they’re going to be in the mid 50’s, we’ll be lucky to break 32.

Sandy- congrats!

Probably strength train this evening.

qotd: any big ticket items on the horizon (outdoorsy or otherwise)?  I’m buying a winter sleeping bag; in my defense I’ve sold a bunch of other outdoor related items

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  (Still morning here.)  I ran on Saturday and rode my bike on Sunday -- outside.  Brrrrr!

qotd: any big ticket items on the horizon (outdoorsy or otherwise)?  I’m buying a winter sleeping bag; in my defense I’ve sold a bunch of other outdoor related items

Uh oh.  Another bag??  What are you getting?

QOTD: Not that I can think of, unless you count plane tickets as a big ticket item.

Running is dumb.

moonlightrunner

Planning a snow run tonight. I love snow. Still trying to decide if I am going to try running the FO sans running buddy, as she is out for sure with a stress fracture. It looked doable with a partner, less so on my own.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

LB2

I got three cold ones this morning. I cannot find my headlamp at anywhere. I took it hunting Saturday afternoon, and I don't know if it fell out of my back pack or what... It was a cheap Black Diamond, but it was a pretty good lamp, a Cosmos. I think that was the one. My other BD stopped working. Luckily, I had a trusty handheld. I like those better anyway.

QOTD: Maybe a new headlamp, not a big ticket item but something I need.

LB2

runtraildc

Been looking at federal healthcare plans this morning instead of running (or anything else). Got it figured out and it is done for the year (and at a lower cost for the same-ish plan-- happy news).  So now, I'll be getting to the gym today for strength work and a short treadmill jog.

Sandy-- congratulations!

qotd: Does a new soft-sided RTIC cooler count? Not really a big ticket item, but something of a splurge since one could argue we don't need another cooler. But this one is nice, and works well. I also ordered new road shoes last week when this year's brooks models went on sale. Wanted to get them while the sizes and colors were good.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Mandy- a Feathered Friends Lark UL 10; I’m adding 3 oz of overfill so should put the bag right at 0-ish and just a hair over 2 lbs- of course they want a king’s ransom for it!  I have one of their 30 degree bags- spendy, but should last several decades.

LB- for a headlamp, look into the new (not last years) Black Diamond Spot- 300 lumens (or less if you want), pretty good battery life and waterproof- best of all- won’t break the bank

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

moonlight- if you feel your training is there- I say go for it! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  No knee pain at all this morning after 2 fast runs over the weekend. Fingers crossed.

Sandy - Nice job, and congratulations. Ids that a 100 mile PR?

Mandy - plane tickets to where?

Warden - 32 is warm, right?

DC - DS tuned 26, so he's off of our insurance now. He's looking, but not very diligently. I'll probably have to look for him.

Moon - chances are you will find someone going your same pace, so if you feel trained, go for it.  Some of my best races are when I hook up with an unknown person moving my pace or faster and wee pull /push each other along. Misery loves company.

LB - once you buy that headlamp, you'll find the other one.

QOTD:  Cabinets for the  apartment that I'm finishing. Taping drywall now, so entering the home stretch.

As far as outdoorsy, I'm due for some new shoes.  Might try the Altra Timp.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

I'm taking a SRD today.

Quick hits from the Brazos 100.....   The 29 deg temps were a challenge, hard to keep from stiffening up. It’s a totally flat course but with the freezing temps, my ITBs may never be the same, ha ha. I didn't mind the cold at all, just stiffened up my ITBs a lot (yes I was wearing shorts, but put on tights for my last loop).  Due to a course marking mishap the whole field did an extra mile on the 1st loop. Due to my own personal course mismanagement I also did an extra mile later on in the first loop, I wasn't the only one who did it though, (if you're still reading, and good at math, that means I actually did about 102 mi on the day).  DD was my super crew and paced me for a very very cold middle-of-the-night 5th loop, which was a huge boost (I did the final 6th loop alone). I saw 4 or 5 alligators during the day but mostly they were hiding underwater trying to stay warm. Oh yeah, I finished in 24:43 and 39th place overall.  The ITBs are still twanging the outside of my knees today, but other than that I feel really good.  Maybe the cold 29 deg temps Sunday morning for the last 25 miles or so was like "icing recovery".

Temp at the 6am start was about 29 deg, went up to about 60 in the afternoon, then went down to about 29 again late Sat. night.  I think this had a large affect on the stats. 352 entered, 155 DNS, 112 DNF, 85 finishers.

qotd: Not that I know of.

tbd.

Sandy-2

Sandy - Nice job, and congratulations. Ids that a 100 mile PR?

Thanks.  Actually no, my PR is 22:35 at Rocky Raccoon, another very flat course. I was kinda going for it as an 'over-the-top-miracle' day because the 'big buckle' at Brazos is sub 22.  But I hit the big slowdown on the later loops, but still, I'm really happy with the time.

tbd.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy - plane tickets to where?

As far as outdoorsy, I'm due for some new shoes.  Might try the Altra Timp.

Not sure yet.  Utah, maybe?  Well, plane tickets to Vegas, drive to Southern UT.  My parents will be in St. George in March, so it's hard to turn down free lodging.

I have the Timps.  I really like them.  The Lone Peaks were always too minimal for me, but the Olympus felt too high/ankle killer.  Thus the Timps are a nice middle ground.

Running is dumb.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy- a Feathered Friends Lark UL 10; I’m adding 3 oz of overfill so should put the bag right at 0-ish and just a hair over 2 lbs- of course they want a king’s ransom for it!  I have one of their 30 degree bags- spendy, but should last several decades.

That looks cozy!  What makes you go with FF over Western Mountaineering?

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

That looks cozy!  What makes you go with FF over Western Mountaineering?

both make great bags; FF is easier to get custom work done- different fabrics, zipper configurations, overfill, etc

they both cost a king’s ransom 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Left the station at 0800 and just gt back. Put on more miles so far then a UPS driver in the middle of Montana , well maybe not but I bet it was close.

Legs are sore from yesterday's short jaunt.  No run today due to trying to earn a paycheck to buy big boy toys.

MT - Speaking of sleeping bags lasting decades, I just realized that the one I'm using is 41 years old.  Got it when I was eleven, used it on and off until I started driving truck then used it full time. Now I use it for sleeping at work .  I think I got the most out of my parents money on this one.

Sandy - Congrats on the finish.  Don't think I would have started at that temp.

QOTD:  I really need to get a cordless drill. Probably going to get a Dewalt with the newest battery system.  That way the batteries are good for use with a lot of different tools.  For running I need to get another pair of shoes.  Might just look at the Altras again to see what changes they have made.