Trailer Trash

Superior trail races (Moose Mt., etc)--now a lottery (Read 26 times)

NorthernHarrier

Wow, times are a changin'.  I guess I long for the early days of trail running and events.  Pre-internet, pre-trail running boom, mail-in forms or even race day registration. Things evolve I suppose but I'm kinda glad my career at least as an entrant in long events is pretty much over. I'm an old timer caught up in a trend.  More epic and adventure runs for me I'm thinkin' after Ice Age. They're free and on my schedule.

Opens March 15th if anyone is thinking about it. It is an awesome course.

I'll be passing on it this year as I am planning a canoe trip for Ontario about a week later.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I saw that the other day and meant to PM you about it.  Totally nuts.  I guess it's rightly deserved that it's becoming a very popular race.  It doesn't get anymore gorgeous than that course.  Right now I am pre-qualified for the 50 miler forever, since I've completed a Moose Mountain Marathon. But I'm also out for next year.  I'm doing a little loop de loop timed event later in September with a bunch of the old trail folks in La Crosse, WI.  Deana, PrairieRunner, CGerber, not sure who else is coming out for it.  Maybe I'll throw my hat in the ring next year.

I predict Ice Age goes to a lottery next year too, especially after the registration chaos this year.  That makes me sad, because I think of that as our hometown race.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

More epic and adventure runs for me I'm thinkin' after Ice Age. They're free and on my schedule.

My feelings exactly.  Times, they are a changin'.

With all the articles praising the glories of trail races, it's no wonder things are turning to lotteries and higher fees. Maybe this "fad" will die down and we can get our races and trails back. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Watoni

My favorite cycling ride is still mail-in (Devil Mountain Double Century) -- this will be the 20th year.

Ultra running is way more popular these days than ultra cycling, though, it seems.

XtremeTaper

A few years ago I signed up for the 100 in August, about a month before the race. I suspect the other races sold out long before though. I wonder if they will fill up the 100 with the lottery this year or if slots will remain open. Not the easiest of 100's!

In dog beers, I've only had one.