Trailer Trash

The Thursdaily (Read 16 times)

runtraildc

Morning folks! Yesterday I ran 1 block. That was it. I planned to run with the brewery group, and then decided last minute to just do a quick run through the neighborhood. Got up the street and came across an accident where a pedestrian was hit by a car. She should be ok, but she had a bad cut on her head and well, heads bleed a lot. I  stayed to help until the ambulance arrived. Scary since this is a small, quiet intersection that sees a lot of cut through traffic. and they often ignore the Stop sign. Thankfully, the driver stayed on the scene. After the EMTs arrived, I turned back home.  No need to tempt fate.

qotd: How good are you with safety? For many years, I did not run alone in the dark. Now, I'm pretty good at lights and reflective gear (though I've had folks look directly at me, all lit up like a Xmas tree, and still not see me!). I'm worse in the transition seasons, where I'm caught off guard by an earlier sunset and/or I haven't found all my gear from last winter. Last night, I was halfway there- headlamp and a small reflector band, but not enough.  Need to find my vest today.

muppy

10.8 miles yesterday on the semi leave covered rail trail.  It seems that all the leaves are starting to fall but most of the trees have not changed color yet.

QOTD  I like to think I’m  A very safe runner.  I always wear brightly colored shirts and have the headlight with the blinking red light on the back.  In general though I try to stay off the roads as much as I can because most people are on their phones and not paying attention.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice 4-ish miles in yesterday evening with Tiny Elvis and DW

going to meet some of the boys this evening at a local brewery, might be able to squeeze in something short beforehand

qotd: I don't run on the streets, but do take safety seriously- other than short runs, always have a few extra articles of clothing, way to start a fire, small first aid kit, headlamp, some sort of emergency shelter; if I'm in the backcountry always have my SPOT satellite transmitter. I worked Search and Rescue for 25 years, it tends to take the complacency out of you

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I short 1+ mile run last night in the pouring rain.  It was fun.

QOTD: I am semi safe.  I wear bright clothes, light when I run in the dark.  I know when to pull off the side of the road due to an unsafe intersection or section of road.  But when running trail, I am terrible at letting DW know where I am going.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Decided on a short run last night on the local trail, about a mile up/over the big hill by the house. The radar app from MS on Windows10 must have been acting up as it looked liked rain outside, but the radar was clear. Got to the trail and of course it was raining but just a light to steady fall rain that kept the fair weather folks inside so the Lady and I had the place to ourselves. About 3 miles. I'll take it for now.

QOTD: I don't run on the roads to often, and if I do it's during noontime/daylight hours. Woods running I break out the orange for the fall hunting season, and during gun season do most of my running at the green lane reservoir trails as it's a no hunting place.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

Yesterday's run never happened. I got busy with things, it got dark and rainy, then when I was going to go on the elliptical my stomach started acting up.

At work today, no run.

QOTD:  I'm pretty decent with it. Always try to carry two forms of ID. Road ID band and either drivers license or carry permit. At night I run with a light that's pretty bright.  On the road I run on what ever side allows vehicles to see me the best. In other words I never run around a blind corner facing traffic, learned that the hard way. Now I switch back and forth quite a bit depending on sight distances and my ability to step off the road.  On trails I always take the phone along and let someone know where and when I'm going. For fall and winter I add matches, extra clothes and a rescue blanket.  On the bike I always take the lane and clearly signal my intentions.  When going down steep hills I pedal as hard as I can then go into a aero tuck. I figure the faster I'm going when I crash the more likely for DW to be able to collect the life Insurance .

Queen of Nothing

Sue

4 this morning...at least I got out.  Was up from 1:30 am to 4 ish...hmmm  So even though I wanted to sleep in I did run...ya me. 

QOTD:  Pretty bad at it.  When I lived in the city I never had reflection gear on.  Now that I live in the woods I often go off on runs by myself not telling anyone where I am going or when I will be back.  No body every accused me of being smart.   When I run in Mexico Mom always hands me a piece of paper with their address and phone number on it. 

DC:  My guess is those people can't figure out what they are seeing until they are on top of you.  This often happens to me when driving at night and folks with lights are on the side of the road.  When you get old your night version gets bad.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

When I run in Mexico Mom always hands me a piece of paper with their address and phone number on it. 

When you get old your night version gets bad.

Running with the address of where you are staying when on vacation is really smart.

For the eyes. If you're thinking that the reason you can't see at night is because you're old get the cataracts cut out. DW said she sees like a new born baby since her's were cut out.

Sandy-2

I plan to do a few miles after work today.

qotd: I like to think that I'm pretty safety conscious. I always carry ID and home phone.  When traveling I also carry info on where I am staying and home phone number, especially important while overseas. I don't run along roads that much but I do hit intersections from time-to-time, I always assume that drivers can't see me.  I also tend to go around or behind cars even if I have the right-of-way, drivers are way too distracted these days. When on remote trails I bring more water and gels than I think I'll need and an extra layer, also a light if in the late afternoon even if I'm planning to be back before dark. I'm pretty good about telling someone generally where I'll be.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

No run today. My day got sidetracked. Five or 6 in the AM and 20 in the PM come Hell or high water.

QOTD: I stay off the roads, but I have had some very, very close calls when I ran on the road. In every case, I do not think the person ever saw me despite my bright clothes. Drivers do not look for runners or cyclists here. Also, the police just made an arrest after a series of drive by shootings of middle aged white men with beards. Yikes!!! That is me!!! Anyway, this guy's girlfriend was sleeping around with a middle aged white guy with a beard. He did not know which one, so he figured he would shoot every one he could find in the area. He killed 3 and wounded one. I knew two of the guys killed and knew the wounded guy very well. They caught him yesterday evening after a high speed chase.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

You really need to get out of Louisiana!

Yikes!!! That is me!!! Anyway, this guy's girlfriend was sleeping around with a middle aged white guy with a beard. He did not know which one, so he figured he would shoot every one he could find in the area. He killed 3 and wounded one. I knew two of the guys killed and knew the wounded guy very well. They caught him yesterday evening after a high speed chase.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

that's crazy shit LB!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Holly Crap!!

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL