Trailer Trash

Wednesday...............I think (Read 23 times)

Daydreamer1

Had to look at the calendar several times already and I just crawled out of bed. Still thinking it's Tuesday. That's what happens when your life has very little routine.

Put in 6.4 miles yesterday afternoon. They felt really slow but were faster then they felt.   Planning another 6-7 miles this afternoon.

re Kelly: Could we keep all comments on that situation  on that thread please?   I'd rather not see any ongoing arguments start amongst our little group here.

QOTD:  How much different are your times in cold weather compared to the "normal" temps for your area.

I'm going to use 70 degrees for my starting point.  As things cool down into the 40s and high 40s speed remains the same or increases.  30s and low 40s speed starts to drop and when I get into the teens I really slow down.

Just had two back to back runs that demonstrated this. Both were 6.4 miles with the 2nd one being slightly harder. The first the temp was about 11-13 degrees. I felt pretty decent but my time was 10:39/mile. Yesterdays run was at 41-42 degrees and my time was 10:16/mile and I walked a entire mile on the long uphill that I use for walk training.  On top of that, yesterday I really felt crappy.  I've always noticed that I run and bike slower the colder it gets.

The only difference in how I was dressed was that yesterday I wasn't wearing my waterproof/windproof socks, balaclava and lobster gloves.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yesterday and probably nothing today.  I just need a rest.

QOTD: I don't really time myself anymore.  I generally stay aware of the time and enter into my running log here but I do not compare so I cannot really answer that question.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Skipped the gym last night as I got stuck on a puzzling work problem and I wanted to solve it. Success! So need to hit the gym today, will do that at lunch and will try to hit the local trail for a short run this evening.

QOTD: I've never really noticed a drop in speed from lower temps. I think it would have to be single digits for me to notice much of a difference, assuming wind is not a factor. That said I prefer warmer weather for running.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I ran 3 miles into a dark and misty forest this morning. It was horribly foggy and crappy.

QOTD: I find it to be a substantial difference. I am a completely different runner when things are cooler and drier. But most of the time, it is warm and muggy here.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Have all my stuff to run at lunch ... except my shoes.   Maybe I'll try a penny loafer 10k, or maybe it's a sign to take a URD.  We'll see, but no run today, as planed, at lunch.

QOTD:  I run the best with temps in the mid 50°'s.  Too warm or too cold, and I slow down.  I don't run with a watch too often anymore, but can tell how I feel. If I had a choice, I'd rather slow down due to cold weather than heat.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I ran 4.6 miles last night and it was above freezing!  I had forgotten how nice it feels to run in decent weather.  We're going to the climbing gym tonight.

QOTD: I can definitely feel myself being slower in super cold temps.  By how much I have no idea.

Running is dumb.

moonlightrunner

I have not run much for a while... nonetheless...I am going g to run the Frozen Otter Saturday undertrained and marginally equipped. I will run/hike all I can. I will learn what I can through what I do and see others doing. Then...2019 Frozen Otter will be a better one. SOOOO excited!

I have been kinda busy and not posting g much. My dad just got out of the hospital yesterday. Hope all is well with you all. I'll post a report of my effort and ask lots of question for your wisdom.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

I have not run much for a while... nonetheless...I am going g to run the Frozen Otter Saturday undertrained and marginally equipped. I will run/hike all I can. I will learn what I can through what I do and see others doing. Then...2019 Frozen Otter will be a better one. SOOOO excited!

I have been kinda busy and not posting g much. My dad just got out of the hospital yesterday. Hope all is well with you all. I'll post a report of my effort and ask lots of question for your wisdom.

Good LUCK! I was wondering if you were still going to forward it after your friend dropped out.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good luck this weekend, moonlight!  With this mid-week warm up + a cold weekend, I imagine it's going to be very icy out there.  Be safe and have fun!

Running is dumb.

Gator eye

The frozen otter looks pretty harsh. Good luck and stay warm, it looks like the temps are going to fall again at the end of the week

rest day.

QOTD: my time stays the same, although Mr Jangles gets faster below 30 and slow to a crawl by 70

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I want to contribute as suggested on another thread but I don't run much during the week , so really have nothing of value to contribute .

I am trying to decide about a race this weekend over in the Queen's neck of the woods , it's a 12 hour overnight in Auburn CA. I'll have to make up my mind today .

QOTD - It's been really nice here this winter and pretty much ideal conditions ( don't hate me , it was bad last year ) so no changes to speak of currently .

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I want to contribute as suggested on another thread but I don't run much during the week , so really have nothing of value to contribute .

Welcome back, Valerie!  I haven't been running much in the last couple of years and the gang hasn't voted me off the island yet.  I just talk about other stuff I have going on.

Running is dumb.

moonlightrunner

Lol...I sold my first bib because of her injury, then got all geeked about it...aaand...bought another bib. Staying with the lady who bought my bib, who lives 8 miles from the start. IT EAS MEANT TO BE!!!!

Good LUCK! I was wondering if you were still going to forward it after your friend dropped out.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

runtraildc

Hi all, rest day for me and I'll do some yoga later.

Moonlight-- good luck this weekend! And I hope your dad is doing better.

Valerie- Good to hear from you. And both of you drop by more often, as queen (and maybe Mandy, too), might say-- we need more female representation here. 

qotd: Cold, yes I run slower when it's below 20 and especially single digits. In really cold weather, single digits or lower, I also get tired a lot sooner and only manage shorter runs (but feel as if I ran much further)..

LB2

I hope to see some of ya'll stick around now that you have come out of the woodwork. I like having to use the arrow to go to page 2.

LB2