Trailer Trash

Losing Lottery Thursdaily (Read 27 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Lost another Lottery and neither DW or I got into the Gorges Waterfall 50K next April.  Queen didn't get in either.  Would have been a fun race, but only 36% got in. 

Ran another boring 7 miles on the road again today.  Hunting season ends Saturday, so looking forward to running in the woods again on Sunday.

QOTD:  Christmas tree = Cut, Artificial, Live, Menorah, Festivus Pole, none?  We cut our own every year at a local tree farm.. Central PA is loaded with Christmas tree farms.  After Christmas I put it in the backyard and throw bird seed all over it. We see birds using it all winter.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

4.0 miles to the repair shop  to pick up my car.

QOTD  we have a live tree that we cut down at the local tree farm. The kitten seems to think it's his personal play toy I can somehow climb up the inside of it to the top.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run today.  Did not sleep well last night, not sure why.  So I will take a rest day.

AT - I will be down your way today - in Littlestown, somewhere past the outlets.  But I am not staying long.  I will wave.

QOTD: We have been cutting our tree (at McCurdy's in Dillsburg) the last couple of years.  It's fun but being the cheapskate I am, it's expensive.  But Christmas is definitely the one time of year our home looks really nice.  DW decorates well.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Skipped the last two days due to achy, crappy left quad. Woke up this morning and it wasn't achy but it got achy and stayed achy through the run.. and my Sciatic nerve was bugging me too

The dogs and I got in 8.6 miles on the trails, it was 28 degrees with a feels like 19 with winds at 10 mph NW.. I dressed accordingly.

QOTD: We don't get a tree for the house, hell we don't even decorate.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

XtremeTaper

Speaking of losing lotteries, I lost at the Western State Lottery again. This makes me 0-6 there, but only 4 in a row. I guess run another qualifier in 2017 and get 16 tickets. Some poor sap had 64 tickets in the lottery this year and missed out. I see that in my future!

No run today, just what has become the usual 30 minute bike to nowhere and weights at the planet of fitness. This usual routine is going to end soon dag nabit!

QOTD: Sometimes artificial, sometimes none. We are going for none this year.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Meh. Got in a short, but hilly run with fast intervals last night.  And some yoga to try to balance things out.  Today will be another run, of distance TBD (see 'meh' above).  Tired from not sleeping well either. Must be something going around.

qotd: Neither. Some years I put up lights outside, don't know yet about this year.

NHLA

7 miles this morn.

NHLA

NHLA

20 years ago we had an OZ tree in DD room.  She found where mom hid them and made an OZ tree. I thought DW would make us take them off but she loved it.

AT-runner

Tim

Nice tree, NHLA.  Love the Tin Man.

We have a 9' ceiling. Angel has an inch to spare.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

I'm going to continue my after-work runs.  Probably do 4 or 5.

Bummer about more bad luck in lotteries.  The other thing I don't like about lottery races is that you have to re-qualify and sometimes that list of qualifying races is small.  Anyway, it's a good thing there are plenty of low-key runs out there that don't have lotteries.

qotd: we get a live tree from that most festive of places....   Home Depot.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It's raining this morning.  As I laid in bed I said if it's before 7:30 I will take the dogs for a mini run, if after I won't.  It was 7:35 so no run.  I told them I would take them for a road joggy after work.  The great thing about dogs is they don't hold a grudge; well Jack doesn't but Earl does. 

QOTD:  I have a 50"s silver tree but don't think I will put it up, we will be gone this year.  I don't decorate much since we no longer live close to family.

XT:  Bummer...I wanted to crew/pace/beer you!

Sandy:  Bummer too for you..thought someone I knew would get in. 

RunDC:  You have kids and no tree?

NHLA:  Nice.

AT:  Pretty

If I put my tree up it would look like this.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

had a really exciting 5.5 miles on the treadmill last night   

today's high forecast at a balmy 5, so will get in another exciting 5-ish on the treadmill this evening 

the good news is (if you believe weathermen) that we should see upper 20,s to low 30's this weekend- if true I should be getting in my first snowshoe or ski trip this weekend 

qotd: real tree, a guy from Plains comes here and sets up a lot- has the nicest looking trees (species of balsam fir)- spendy, but nice

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Just crawled out of bed. Now I have to decide it I'll do some time on the treadmill, run outside, jump on the trainer or go on the elliptical.  Decisions, decisions.  I'd like to go outside but it's 38 degrees with a stiff wind and it still is hunting season although my route doesn't take me through any prime hunting territory.

Follow up on yesterday's QOTD:  Got in to work last night to hear that they fired another one of the top management team.  Don't know if that was a good thing or not, but I will say that he screwed up a lot of things over the past year.

QOTD: For years we didn't put anything up. The past two years DW has put up a small 3' artificial tree. A real one would be nice but I don't know if we could find something that small and I don't want to put up with the mess.

runtraildc

Got in 6 miles before dusk and while one kiddo was in the pool. Beautiful sunset.

RunDC:  You have kids and no tree?

We always go visit family and enjoy their trees.  And I hate the setting up process-- it was a PIA as a kid, with a mother who LOVED her tree and had an exact vision for it. Probably has something to do with my intense dislike at being micro-managed as an adult.