Trailer Trash

Fridaily (Read 15 times)

runtraildc

sitting with my coffee waiting for it to warm up. 43 degrees. Oops, now 42. Might be a bit underdressed for this MN weather. Heading out soon for 5 miles, with some hills through a restored prairie/park. Not taking the springer as he's 13. Doesn't act or look like it, but I think 1-2 miles is his limit. Got to leave before he sees me though. The dog knows running gear.

qotd- weekend plans?  Wedding tonite. Family time Saturday and a HM on Sunday

AT-runner

Tim

DC we're double you temp here today. Was 84° on way in to work.  Supposed to stay around there and drop for tomorrow.  Long range weather looks like DW and I should have good temperatures for race next weekend.  Saying 68° on Friday and 74° on Saturday.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

No run today, but might walk a bit a lunch.  Trying not to gain any weight this last week as I taper. I'm at 185, which is a good weight for me.  It's been 2 years since I've been this weight. Unfortunately, I eat the same calories all the time, so when mileage is way up I lose weight, and then rest of year gain it back. 

QOTD: I have 3 rose bushes need to get in the ground and a load of mulch to spread.  Some light running and sit by the pool and read.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Sunset/night time run at French Creek last night. 11 miles on one of more difficult loops I have out there. LOL, it's get harder every year. Finished up around 9:30pm, had about an hour of headlamp running. The deer and I spooked each other multiple times. Temps were still above 80 when I finished up, but there was a nice breeze up in the tree... but not down in the forest. Plan is 7-10 this evening with the Lady at Coventry Woods.

QOTD: I am on call, but hopefully it will be quiet. Plans are 2 mid-distance runs, 8-12 miles, finish the mulch-a-rama project, cut the grass, chill. Ice bath in the pool perhaps as well.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Brrrrrr.  Very chilly here too.  The dog woke me up in the middle of the night because she was cold and needed to be covered up.  (Well, she actually wanted up on the bed, but that wasn't going to happen.)  The forecast is pretty dreary here.

QOTD: Not too much.  Hoping for one run and one bike ride.  Otherwise I need to do some wrenching on my bikes, get organized for our mini trip Memorial Day weekend, and possibly bake some brownies.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a easy paced 5-ish miles in yesterday evening; probably strength train this evening

nice weather here-lows 40-ish, highs 60-ish

qotd: either a day trip into the Elkhorns or long-ish run Saturday, Sunday shorter run and need to get stuff ready to go for the Bob Open next weekend

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Pretty good evening run last night. Planned for 10-11 when I started out and ended up going a little further. Got back to the car and needed 2 tenths of a mile to round it off at 13.1 so I did a little out and back just to say I got in a half mary.  Had some cramping towards the end in places it shouldn't have been.  Pretty sure it comes from putting in two harder sessions on the bike. DW works me pretty hard when we are riding.

Not sure what today will bring yet. If I get home on time we might go for a 4 mile walk or I might just do some lifting.

QOTD: Work, work, and  work.  12 hours today at my part time job, 24  tomorrow  and 12 Sunday nite at my full time job.  Probably run 5-6 miles on Sunday afternoon.

LB2

Oppressive heat this morning. It was 73 and horribly muggy. It feels like the middle of May out there. I ran 4 sluggish miles, but it felt okay. It was super slow at 11:30 per mile.

QOTD: Just a little running, nothing major.

LB2

NHLA

9.3 humid miles

Qotd yard work and running

jonferg67

Endless trails

Another hot one here today too. SRD today, but took the dog out for a

little hike. (DW asks me by text on my way to work if the dog did her

bow bow's, our latest inside joke).

dc: Which HM on Sunday? Good luck.

Who are the Trailwind folks? I just got a sample of 6 flavors, I tried them

before and like the idea of just using one product.

QOTD: We have ants, so exterminator coming tomorrow. Plan is 10-15

on Saturday and shorter on Sunday.

AT-runner

Tim

I've been using Tailwind since it came out.  Works well for me.  In long races, I alternate water and Tailwind and supplement with some solid food.  Never had an GI issues with Tailwind, and I had a lot of trouble with Hammer products (too much protein for me to digest).

LB2

I have had great luck with it. It has been a long time since I raced, but back in 2015, I had some issues and basically relied exclusively on Tailwind from mile 10 until mile 90 something. I think I may have taken in some soup around 85 miles. But, it really works well for me. In previous races, I have used Tailwind and supplemented with very little food along the way. It really makes things very simple. I see people with all these boxes in crew vehicles. I have no idea what they are needing all that stuff for. For most races, you should be able to handle all your needs with drop bags of modest size. Tailwind really makes this possible. It has reduced my list of drop bag items to very little. I can use a 1 gallon Ziplock bag and be fine.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Been using Tailwind for the past 2-3 years.  Really like it as a supplement but I can't take in enough to use it exclusively.  On my longer runs I'll typically use Tailwind, Perpetuem and regular food.  The exact mix kind of depends on how I'm feeling on any given day.

AT-runner

Tim

Finished my walk just in time to beat a thunderstorm. Pouring down rain now.  Hopefully this will knock the pollen out of the air. My eyes are itchy as hell and my maroon car is rather green.

On a side note, kids texted me that they are snow boarding this weekend on Mt Hood. They have plenty of snow and place is going to open for as many weekends as they can.  They sure got their season pass' worth this year.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Thank you, gentlemen, good feedback. I read similar reviews.

Tomorrow will be the first test.

I know what mt uses. Queen, XT and Jamie, what are you using for the longer

efforts these days?

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran 5 this morning...

qotd: i don't know... the old man just told me he is going south Sunday.

AT:  Sqawvalley plans to stay open until 7/4.

Jon:  First look st my trainin log... long run?  I just do water and than at races drink whatever.  I try to eat real food.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄