Trailer Trash

Santa's Saturdaily (Read 214 times)

runtraildc

Crud, I've got nothing today.  Still trying to shake this respiratory bug that leaves me winded after a flight of stairs...  Reading everyone's reports of great runs is leaving me jealous and bitter. 

QOTD:  Is there a correlation with runners and a higher percentage of atheists?  Same here, like the sparkly stuff, no church and minimal consumerism.  That's my round about way of saying I don't have any music preferences.

AT-runner

Tim

Good afternoon, or still morning to the "we(s)t" coasters.

DW went out to diner last night and when we got home the moon was so bright we changed clothes and headed into the hills for a nice run.  We did an out an back on an old logging road.  Ho headlamps needed.  Very enjoyable.

Today I ran 7 around Caledonia Golf course since it's closed for the season and closed to hunters.  Ran along cart path.  No Sunday hunting in PA, so off to the woods tomorrow for a long run.  I'm sure I'll see many hikers, mt. bikers and those tall 4 legged things that people sit on.

QOTD: I have a musical family, so I hear Christmas carols starting in September for concert preparation.  But my favorite is Bing Crosby and David Bowie singing  Peace on Earth / Little Drummer Boy.  Don't have to be religious to enjoy a peaceful message. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Fighting a respiratory bug, but the pooch and I got a nice 4 mile trail run in.

QOTD: Bruce Springsteen's "Santa Claus is Coming To Town"

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Sandy-2

Has anyone figured out how to insert photos (not from a URL) ?

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Uh oh... now what?

Has anyone figured out how to insert photos (not from a URL) ?

I played with it quite a bit, even tried using HTML codes... ended up getting a photobucket (free thingie) account, reasonably simple, resizer, and so on.

toyger

John, hehe...no secrets here. It's the Bear Creek 10-mile trail run in Cumberland, VA. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous tomorrow, maybe a little too warm--low 40 and high of 60.

Jen

FurShirtFlyer

Played basketball with my boys this morning. I'm planning a 4 mile run which might turn into 6 miles. My chest is finally starting to feel better but I don't wan to push my luck with upper 20 degree weather.

QOTD: I don't mind holiday music but don't go out of my way to listen to it. My daughter, however, makes me put it on the local radio station that plays nothing but Christmas music when she is in my car.

Sandy-2

I played with it quite a bit, even tried using HTML codes... ended up getting a photobucket (free thingie) account, reasonably simple, resizer, and so on.

Thanks John, I'll give that a try later. By the way, I am able to read/write here using my BlackBerry (as in this reply). Since that other place did their "up grade" I couldn't even lurk using the BB. I'm currently sitting in a pizza place having a wild night...

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

4 "pain free" miles this morning.  First time in many many months.  Baby steps though.  I followed it with a "kill my legs" workout at the gym.  This has become my nnormal Sat morning workout in the absence of a long run.

Couch - what in the world is your DH putting a total gym in the living room for? Good luck tomorrow - run fast.

EDMR - I will ready your RR - promise just don't have time now.  Looking forward to it. 

QOTD: I must be bucking the trend.  I am very much not an atheist.  Very involved in my church.  We put some nice twists on the normal Christmas carols.  But we also put on the radio this time of year and listen to all CHristmas music.  Does get old after a couple weeks. 

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Weegee

Urgent update!  4.5 miles!  Which for the week that makes…  4.5 miles!

Sweet.  Ankle's feeling better.  Cracked rib seems to be healing well.  Look out world, 'cause I'm raring to break something new.  Probably gonna happen at the Defiance 50K next weekend, but I can take solace that EDRW will be there to dish me out a dose of curative snark.  I really did marry the right sister, even if we don't share a love of tinsel and elves.  (My derision born not of my irreligiosity but of experience running a little "Santa Shack" in high school for the local Optimist club.)

QOTD: Usually whatever Betsy is listening to, but left to my own devices I'd put on the classics: Stan Boreson's "I Yust Go Nuts At Christmas" or the John Waters Christmas anthology.  And "Rare Exports" for Yuletime movie night.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Afternoon, trailers.

An easy 6 for me this morning with a little light snow turning to rain. Someday's when

it's cold, like this morning, I have a hard time getting out the door-but once I get going

I'm glad I did. Had a great run.

QOTD: I like the song Walking in the Air, from the short film The Snowman. Great holiday

movie. Although, A Christmas Story is my all-time favorite holiday movie.

Probably gonna happen at the Defiance 50K next weekend.

I am 100% certain you will not break or twist anything at the Defiance 50K next weekend... considering we're running the Deception Pass 50K Roll eyes

AT-Runner and TrailTromper --  I absolutely love the Bing Crosby/David Bowie "Little Drummer Boy," as well as Bruce Springsteen's "Santa Claus is Coming to Town."

Sandy -- I use tinypic.com per SRL's suggestion and it works great.  One thing: when you upload you're not necessarily going to see it in your message until you post.  In TinyPic, you copy the URL (direct link for layouts) and post it into the Image URL window (click on the button that looks like a tree above).  Again, I couldn't see it in my message as I was typing it, but once I hit post it appeared.

Weegee

I am 100% certain you will not break or twist anything at the Defiance 50K next weekend... considering we're running the Deception Pass 50K Roll eyes

Did I ever mention how happy I am to have you around?  I'd be showing up at the wrong race every week.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Did I ever mention how happy I am to have you around?  I'd be showing up at the wrong race every week.

Spouse as Race Coordinator, good deal.

NorthernHarrier

Way late to the party I see. Did a short run in the Arb today. I was running in shorts, tee, and a running cap. The amateurs were out on a Sat. morning and some of them were bundled up like it was Dec. Ooops! Well they should look at the actual weather and not the calendar. Almost 50F today.

Actually hit the mall with a daughter today to get my wife a birthday present. That is scary, real scary.

After dealing with so many strange people today I grabbed Cloe and went pheasant hunting in the light drizzle. Good therapy for me, not so good for two pheasants!!

Weights and elliptical in the man cave tonight while watching the Badgers getting smacked around.

Forgot the QOTD-- I like Christmas music starting on the 24th and ending late in the day on the 25th. It's all good during that time window.