Trailer Trash

Fine Weather Fridailies (Read 32 times)

Marley  and I had a very pleasant 5 mile trail run this morning after a practice guitar session.  Our trail pace was very good, it was one of our faster runs.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

SRD for me today.  Warming up nicely for the weekend.  Should be very nice for a long run tomorrow with forecast temps in the upper 30's and low 40's.

TT - DS and I are finishing up a rebuild on a Fender Stratocaster (for him).   I can play well enough for tuning and checking pick-up's but leave the real playing to my gifted kids.  DD#2 is a trained guitar player with all the music knowledge and DS is a totally self taught player who sits in on several bands.  He's a audio engineer, so just has the ear for it which drives DD#2 crazy that he just picks it up and she has to practice.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

It's my second day off work this week, and I'm getting ready for a short run. My legs feel heavy, and I'm tired, but I'll just gut it out. I'll be at work all day tomorrow, not sure if I'll get a run in then, so better now than never. The weather is much warmer now, temps in the 20's - I might have to take precautions to prevent overheating (meaning, I might take along something to drink, which I don't, even on longer runs up to 3 hrs, when it is very cold).

TT: Woohoo for Marley and you! You are such an inspiration.

AT: Sneaked in on me - again. Our middle DS is learning to play electric guitar, and he loves it. Right now, he's teaching himself the first few lines of "Walk, don't run" (where does he get his ideas from, I don't know).

Our youngest DS is strongly expressing his wish to learn the drums - great, in 10 years from now, they'll be able to play "Wipeout" and the full song of "Walk, don't run" for me then (and I wonder if I'll take the second song as advice then - hopefully not!).

QOTD: pass.

Enjoy the day, trailers!

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

Had the worst run ever, which was amplified by a nasty accident.. I planned to run to the gym this morning and the roads were icy from the rain we got yesterday. I struggled finding safe places to run and was hating it. 4 miles into my run, I landed HARD on a 1 1/2" drywall screw. The damn thing went through my shoe and buried into the ball of my foot, hitting bone. I thought it was a nail at first and tried to pull it out but it wouldn't budge. Then I noticed it was a screw, so I sat down on the sidewalk and started digging under it, trying to get a grip on it. I got my fingernails under it and started to unscrew it from my foot. It was barely moving with each turn and hurt like hell. It took 10 minutes before it was fully unscrewed from my foot. After I finally got it out, I ran the last 2 miles to the gym and had a nice workout. My left foot hurts like hell and is swollen. I'll keep an eye on it.

I kept the screw.

AT-runner

Tim

Our youngest DS is strongly expressing his wish to learn the drums - great, in 10 years from now, they'll be able to play "Wipeout" and the full song of "Walk, don't run" for me then (and I wonder if I'll take the second song as advice then - hopefully not!).

Couch - DS started with the drums.  It was hard for a few months, but when he started getting pretty good it was very nice.  When you have a drummer, that means your house becomes the practice hall.  Can't tell you how many kids we've had playing music in out house over the years, but DW and I have always enjoyed it.  Sure beats not knowing where they are.

Kelly - Ouch!  Good luck.  Is your tetanus up to date?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I hit the trails this morning, got 6.3 miles in and 30 degrees sure felt like summer at this point. I think the deer are getting used to us now, they like to bed down near the trails and don't even budge when they see us coming.

Kelly, that sounds really painful.......... and just the image of unscrewing it out of your flesh.. gosh.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Occasional Runner

Kelly - Ouch!  Good luck.  Is your tetanus up to date?

I think it is. I get hurt a lot.

Had the worst run ever, which was amplified by a nasty accident.. I planned to run to the gym this morning and the roads were icy from the rain we got yesterday. I struggled finding safe places to run and was hating it. 4 miles into my run, I landed HARD on a 1 1/2" drywall screw. The damn thing went through my shoe and buried into the ball of my foot, hitting bone. I thought it was a nail at first and tried to pull it out but it wouldn't budge. Then I noticed it was a screw, so I sat down on the sidewalk and started digging under it, trying to get a grip on it. I got my fingernails under it and started to unscrew it from my foot. It was barely moving with each turn and hurt like hell. It took 10 minutes before it was fully unscrewed from my foot. After I finally got it out, I ran the last 2 miles to the gym and had a nice workout. My left foot hurts like hell and is swollen. I'll keep an eye on it.

I kept the screw.

Wow. Feel better....that is nasty.

Finally warming up here so I'm planning to head out for 5 easy miles around 4:30.  We just were convinced to throw a Super Bowl party so I suppose most of my weekend will be spent prepping for that.

runtraildc

Morning all!  Got in 6.2 miles with a good section of trail in Rock Creek.  Still pretty icy, but that should disappear within the next few days.  Came around a corner and came face to face with the biggest dog I've ever seen, staring me down from the middle of the trail, tail up and barking.  A mastiff, who to give you perspective, towered over his Newfoundland mix friend.  I'm a dog lover, but this one stopped me in my tracks.  Of course, the owner was no one to be seen.  Turns out, he just wanted me to pet him before he would let me continue on.   Once I figured this out, I happily obliged.

Have a good day runners!

Occasional Runner

QOTD: It's the end of January. How many miles did you get?

322 for me.

4 miles into my run, I landed HARD on a 1 1/2" drywall screw. The damn thing went through my shoe and buried into the ball of my foot, hitting bone. I thought it was a nail at first and tried to pull it out but it wouldn't budge. Then I noticed it was a screw, so I sat down on the sidewalk and started digging under it, trying to get a grip on it. I got my fingernails under it and started to unscrew it from my foot. It was barely moving with each turn and hurt like hell. It took 10 minutes before it was fully unscrewed from my foot. After I finally got it out, I ran the last 2 miles to the gym and had a nice workout. My left foot hurts like hell and is swollen. I'll keep an eye on it.

I kept the screw.

Ouch! soory to hear that.

Forty some years ago, when I was about 20, I worked for a company that made office trailers.  Staples ,nails, and screws in body parts were a frequent problem.  The company doctor believed that you should yank screws out so the wound would bleed and clean itself.  The workers would all unscrew the screws to avoid the doctor's harsh method.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

QOTD: January totals, 127 miles for me and 120 miles for Marley.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Kelly - that sounds nasty - the image of having to unscrew it from your foot is gross.  Of course be careful of infection.  That could derail you for a while.

Couch - we want our kids to become musical (or at least show an interest) but not the drums!!!

QOTD: Ummm....10.25 miles.

Have a great weekend everyone!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

I landed HARD on a 1 1/2" drywall screw. The damn thing went through my shoe 

Gives new meaning to "Screw Shoes".

QOTD: 160+  About normal for January.